So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 152 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Right ....... I've just listened to the first 5 mins of that interview all over again!

So:
- gets call to go home
- so he did
- after a couple of hours, wife feeling better urged Cummings to return to work
- so he did
- returned home that evening
- somehow, she thought she might have covid (but didn't have cough or fever)
- he also thought he might get/have it
- feared hospitalisation

Let's be clear ........ neither parent had it, neither parent showed symptoms, people Cummings worked with had been off work and returned (presumably without hospitalisation) ...................... and yet, he considered it "exceptional circumstances".

I tell you what ........bugger it ....... I'll give it you ........ he did nowt wrong there ....... so, that just leaves us with Barnard Castle ........ on his wife's birthday.

Baton passed.

Glad you now agree on point 1. I already said during the conference the BC trip was questionable, though understand the reasoning given.

What was different to that trip to BC he made than the one Blackford did in April?

BC potentially, not the other two. Still upset he didn’t get a job in the reshuffle.
Thinking about it ......... Cummings spoke with Johnson the night before the Durham trip, ....Johnson told him he'd tested positive ........ .so what the hell was Cummings doing going into work the following morning? Surely that was stupid.

On that subject, you've got to ask yourself .......... if both you and your wife were hospitalised, how many people - friends, neighbours - who lived reasonably close by (5 mile radius?) do you reckon you could ask (without guilt) to look after your kid? For Cummings to not have that option is a bloody shame.
Dom no mates (unsurprisingly 😉)

I saw someone being interviewed earlier and he was saying Cummings and Johnson and generally anybody in government can accept being hate figures. It comes with the territory. But ridicule is something different and is something that would affect them more than any amount of hatred.

Unfortunately the government and anyone associated with them are alternating in the public eye between being villains and jokers.

I'm afraid it's descending into farce and nobody is benefitting.

What is the point of arguing this any further - we all know the details of what happened people have made up their own mind and they won't change them. It just goes round in circles.

Simple logic if the people were shouting for the 3 or 4 Labour politicians and now Blackford to go when they happened then fair enough if they wanted Cummings gone fair play it's consistent and a position of principle. But I don't remember any fuss over any of that at all it was seem more as an embarrassment than a sackable offence which I agree with at the time I thought it was egg on the face but not sackable - like every other person who's been breaking the rules. If they didn't call for them to go then but want Cummings out now it's pure political bias.

We know judging from the contrasting behaviour of the media in these instances this is about removing Cummings more than it is what he actually did. They know removing him weakens Brexit, weakens the government and is revenge for all those who he previously beat in campaigns. There is a reasonable debate to be had and fair questions but the media is full on Salem Witch trials mode. They've blown this into insane levels - China and Hong Kong stuff isn't even getting a mention it's wall to wall attacks.

I think whatever side of the argument you are on we should all be very concerned about the accelerating behaviour of our press - they are actively campaigning for things and trying to whip up hate storms rather than reporting the news fairly. They've been pushing their luck for years and they just keep getting worse - how long before we have another Caroline Flack? Remember the crocadile tears over that before they get their next target and go for the kill - fuck their safety, privacy, children and family - they need their scalp. Our media are cancer and laws preventing them from behaving so unscrupulously are long over due. The media has treated Cummings worse than the convicted paedo groom gangs - no matter what side of the political divide your on or if Cummings should go or stay this shit storm has to stop and the media need reeling way back to reporting the news accurately rather than trying to force elected Governments hand. They hide behind the 'holding the government to account line' like is gives them a blank cheque to do anything to anyone they see fit. This won't stop here it will just get worse our media is now as bad as Americas.

Exactly who in the media is trying to get rid of Cummings? The Mirror. Yes. The Guardian. Yes. But who else? He is the darling of Murdoch's outlets and he is the big cheese in the media world.

What is the point of arguing this any further - we all know the details of what happened people have made up their own mind and they won't change them. It just goes round in circles.

Simple logic if the people were shouting for the 3 or 4 Labour politicians and now Blackford to go when they happened then fair enough if they wanted Cummings gone fair play it's consistent and a position of principle. But I don't remember any fuss over any of that at all it was seem more as an embarrassment than a sackable offence which I agree with at the time I thought it was egg on the face but not sackable - like every other person who's been breaking the rules. If they didn't call for them to go then but want Cummings out now it's pure political bias.

We know judging from the contrasting behaviour of the media in these instances this is about removing Cummings more than it is what he actually did. They know removing him weakens Brexit, weakens the government and is revenge for all those who he previously beat in campaigns. There is a reasonable debate to be had and fair questions but the media is full on Salem Witch trials mode. They've blown this into insane levels - China and Hong Kong stuff isn't even getting a mention it's wall to wall attacks.

I think whatever side of the argument you are on we should all be very concerned about the accelerating behaviour of our press - they are actively campaigning for things and trying to whip up hate storms rather than reporting the news fairly. They've been pushing their luck for years and they just keep getting worse - how long before we have another Caroline Flack? Remember the crocadile tears over that before they get their next target and go for the kill - fuck their safety, privacy, children and family - they need their scalp. Our media are cancer and laws preventing them from behaving so unscrupulously are long over due. The media has treated Cummings worse than the convicted paedo groom gangs - no matter what side of the political divide your on or if Cummings should go or stay this shit storm has to stop and the media need reeling way back to reporting the news accurately rather than trying to force elected Governments hand. They hide behind the 'holding the government to account line' like is gives them a blank cheque to do anything to anyone they see fit. This won't stop here it will just get worse our media is now as bad as Americas.

👏👏👏👏👏👏.....well said but doubt the media / press will ever take a blind bit of notice whoever says it or any laws that are passed. Even less chance of the usual suspects on here taking any notice either KDZ

It's the lack of consistently for sure which has riled people up further. I do wonder if this had emerged prior to the Ferguson debacle, would he still be in a job.

The Government pushed for Ferguson to resign and set a benchmark for any further cases for advisors, Calderwood also went in Scotland. Had both of them stayed then, disciplined and remaining in the job for Cummings would have also been fair.

Both Labour and Conservative parties have had several MPs known to have flouted the rules and in fairness but parties have dealt with that the same and consistently, whether you believe both parties should have forced them to resign is a different matter.