#COVID19 | Page 323 | Vital Football

#COVID19

A way to make out that he didn't believe in herd immunity & take it on the chin. And failed to lock down earlier. Also left the pubs open for longer.

They really do think we're stupid. Then again!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...sunbathers-bank-holiday-weather-a4449961.html

I don't see the appeal. No shops, bars or restaurants open; added to that there is a risk (albeit a small one) that you can catch the virus.

Blow your toys up at home, loads more fun, plus you don't have to take a shit in someones flowerbed, unless you don't like your neighbours.

Watched the Cummings show last evening, admittedly through one eye due to the volumes of wine I’d imbibed, but what struck me, except the utter opprobrium that Cummings has generated, was the uselessness of the press! Right there, in front of them was this Gollumesque geek, caught bang to rights, with an open goal, but all they could manage was finishing Andrea Silenzi would be ashamed of.

Our Beff seems to be the worst, which somebody has whimsically made into this…

The first part of your post was ok.
But then...
The owd two wrongs making a right. Misdirection. "Look at these people on the beach and stop taking about Cummings."

At least most of those reporters and photographers are wearing masks. You could argue that there has never been a more important time to hold our 'leaders' to account. The press had always been allowed to do its job throughout this ordeal.

I noticed a bunch of journalists observing shelling in Syria when the Foreign Office was definitely advising against travel to the front line of wars. String 'em up.

The first part of your post was ok.
But then...
The owd two wrongs making a right. Misdirection. "Look at these people on the beach and stop taking about Cummings."

At least most of those reporters and photographers are wearing masks. You could argue that there has never been a more important time to hold our 'leaders' to account. The press had always been allowed to do its job throughout this ordeal.

I noticed a bunch of journalists observing shelling in Syria when the Foreign Office was definitely advising against travel to the front line of wars. String 'em up.

Was that an appreciative nod to the casual use of opprobrium on a football forum?

And support for the government has collapsed.

Johnson now on -1% (was +19% 4 days ago) and government now on -2%, a drop of 16% in a day

So what you're saying is that despite the "Boris the Butcher" tag on here, he was actually plus 19 in the ratings ? With only 4 years to go to the next election, it's now still only 50/50 even after everything the government have had to deal with.

So what you're saying is that despite the "Boris the Butcher" tag on here, he was actually plus 19 in the ratings ? With only 4 years to go to the next election, it's now still only 50/50 even after everything the government have fucked up.
What he is saying is that even amongst the lowest common denominators of the voting world, the antics of Boris and his cohorts have managed to wipe out an almost unprecedented approval rating.

I have also amended your post a tad in line with reality.

So what you're saying is that despite the "Boris the Butcher" tag on here, he was actually plus 19 in the ratings ? With only 4 years to go to the next election, it's now still only 50/50 even after everything the government have had to deal with.
Boris the Butcher has seen it fall exponentially.

On 25th March his net approval was in the 50s.
It was 44% a month later, after his little spell in hospital.
On May 1st it was 39%
4 days ago it was 19%
Today it is -2%

A higher % of people approval of Kier Starmer today (47%- 45%) than approve of Johnson. Let that sink in. After 2 months ten years of damage caused by incompetent leadership has been recovered.

Starmer is a far less polarising figure as well; while his raw approval rating is slightly higher than Johnson, the % disapproving of him is far, far lower.

You shouldn't be celebrating that they have "got away" with their incompetence killing around 60,000 people (mostly people like you), but you should be shitting your pants that after the legacy of Milliband and Corbyn, Starmer (and Boris) have made Labour genuinely electable again within weeks.

GE polling still shows a big Tory lead. But every single poll that comes out now as a - next to the Tory number and a + next to the Labour one.

4 years is a long time. People are forgetting Corbyn far quicker than they'll forget this mess

Screenshot_20200526-151707_Twitter.jpg
Just want to put this here.

A number 10 source (Cummings himself by the arrogant and dismissive tone of it) has called the Tory minister who resigned this morning "a Mr Nobody".

Why was he appointed then?

And how are Scottish MPs meant to take that?

This government now savaging it's own. Shambles. It's all falling apart.

Boris is in a bit of a pickle at the moment.
We all know the correct thing to do was fire him, but…

I have always been of the belief that Boris wanted the title of PM, but not really the position, which is actually the polar opposite of the position of Prime Minister. With the quantity of ducking, diving, defence and deceit at every turn at the moment, this is now looking more certain. Being the UK PM is relentless; look at May, she was only in the position for a blink of the eye, but it noticeably aged her, why anybody would aspire to that position is crazy in my eyes.

Boris has set his office up rather like the US president does, with a chief of staff who does most of the graft and filters out the irrational (which is probably most, ATM). Dom Cum is Boris’ chief of staff. He is a very clever tactician, as was proven by the vote harvesting stunt he pulled for ‘Vote Leave’, the education reforms he did while he was stapled to Gove (no comment on whether these were good!!), etc. Without Cummings, Boris will be a lost puppy and will be until he has found a replacement, so he will try hang onto Dom, probably safe in the knowledge that there is 4.5 years to sort it out. I, think though this could be his Waterloo.

Ironically, getting Brexit done may be the worst thing for Boris. With having so many traditional labour voters who held their noses and lent him their vote at the last GE, many will have forgotten/forgiven Keir Starmer for his remainer leanings and start to go back; but Boris has to get it done, it was all his campaign spoke about and if he doesn’t, they’ll go back anyway.

As I see it he is in a lose/lose situation and it’s totally of his own making! A large majority must do that to some.

Politically interesting times indeed.

Last edited:
Boris is in a bit of a pickle at the moment.
We all know the correct thing to do was fire him, but…

I have always been of the belief that Boris wanted the title of PM, but not really the position, which is actually the polar opposite of the position of Prime Minister. With the quantity of ducking, diving, defence and deceit at every turn at the moment, this is now looking more certain. Being the UK PM is relentless; look at May, she was only in the position for a blink of the eye, but it noticeably aged her, why anybody would aspire to that position is crazy in my eyes.

Boris has set his office up rather like the US president does, with a chief of staff who does most of the graft and filters out the irrational (which is probably most, ATM). Dom Cum is Boris’ chief of staff. He is a very clever tactician, as was proven by the vote harvesting stunt he pulled for ‘Vote Leave’, the education reforms he did while he was stapled to Gove (no comment on whether these were good!!), etc. Without Cummings, Boris will be a lost puppy and will be until he has found a replacement, so he will try hang onto Dom, probably safe in the knowledge that there is 4.5 years to sort it out. I, think though this could be his Waterloo.

Ironically, getting Brexit done may be the worst thing for Boris. With having so many traditional labour voters who held their noses and lent him their vote at the last GE, many will have forgotten/forgiven Keir Starmer for his remainer leanings and start to go back; but Boris has to get it done, it was all his campaign spoke about and if he doesn’t, they’ll go back anyway.

As I see it he is in a lose/lose situation and it’s totally of his own making! A large majority must do that to some.

Politically interesting times indeed.
Good post.

Just a point of order: the next election is actually scheduled for 4th May 2024. It would need a repeal of the FTPA to change that. So just under four years to go.

I mention it because that is not widely known.

Good post.

Just a point of order: the next election is actually scheduled for 4th May 2024. It would need a repeal of the FTPA to change that. So just under four years to go.

I mention it because that is not widely known.

A repeal is scheduled in, so it should be so...

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/parliament-and-elections/the-fixed-term-parliaments-act/

The irony is, since it's introduction there has not been one fixed term!
More folly from our elected representatives!