Good Morning Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all , back to work as usual today . Lovely sunny start to the day . Everything growing well except we might have a problem with one of our Acers . It’s looking a bit sorry for itself .
Have you noticed how the media are not interested in Italy and Spain anymore ? Funny that , they were both headline news not long ago .,
Still not washed the car , the sun keeps coming out ! It desperately needs it though . A damn good going over .,, but while I am still ferrying plants up the allotment it will have to wait .,
I am not missing the football at all , really can’t be bothered to watch all these re runs on tele , especially Lineaker , Wright and Shearer . Wattalottabollox !
Did anyone see , on Sky Arts , the latest in the Brian Johnson series with Paul Rogers ? Absolutely brilliant .What a brilliant career he has had and is still going strong , touring with Bad Company. Playing to full houses and his voice is a good as it ever was . Same age as me! During the intro to the programme , he goes through the people , his mates , who will be on each episode and they are , Mark Knopfler , Mick Fleetwood ,
Joe Walsh , Paul Rogers and DOLLY PARTON , doesn’t quite compute to me , but all the others have been good .! ( I think I may have missed one ,,will have to look on ‘catch up ‘
Oh well , got to go , Acers don’t sort themselves out , and sunbeds don’t get themselves out of the shed .
hope you are all well , numbers on here are dwindling , keep safe and keep posting .

Good morning all , back to work as usual today . Lovely sunny start to the day . Everything growing well except we might have a problem with one of our Acers . It’s looking a bit sorry for itself .
Have you noticed how the media are not interested in Italy and Spain anymore ? Funny that , they were both headline news not long ago .,
Still not washed the car , the sun keeps coming out ! It desperately needs it though . A damn good going over .,, but while I am still ferrying plants up the allotment it will have to wait .,
I am not missing the football at all , really can’t be bothered to watch all these re runs on tele , especially Lineaker , Wright and Shearer . Wattalottabollox !
Did anyone see , on Sky Arts , the latest in the Brian Johnson series with Paul Rogers ? Absolutely brilliant .What a brilliant career he has had and is still going strong , touring with Bad Company. Playing to full houses and his voice is a good as it ever was . Same age as me! During the intro to the programme , he goes through the people , his mates , who will be on eachepisodevand they are , Mark Knopfler , Mick Fleetwood ,
Joe Walsh , Paul Rogers and DOLLY PARTON , doesn’t quite compute to me , but all the others have been good .! ( I think I may have missed one ,,will have to look on ‘catch up ‘
Oh well , got to go , Acers don’t sort themselves out , and sunbeds don’t get themselves out of the shed .
hope you are all well , numbers on here are dwindling , keep safe and keep posting .

There are far too many government bashing opportunities currently for the media to concern themselves with Spain or Italy.

It has been surprising to find out that it is not too difficult to adjust to life without football. I have enjoyed selectively watching a few Spurs 'classic' games from 10-20 years back, for the pure nostalgia they provide. Watching the balance of this PL season behind closed doors, doesn't however fire me up at all.

The northern hemisphere summer cricket test season is however sorely missed, even here on the Southern tip of Africa. For those of us missing our golf and gym, and settling by necessity into lazy mode, six hours of Test cricket daily would certainly serve to relieve some of the boredom.

Totally second that Smiffy . I’m not missing football at all but the cricket is a different matter .
Are you a South African by birth or did you move there from the uk , . How did you become a Spurs man . It’s fascinating how we migrate all over the world

Totally second that Smiffy . I’m not missing football at all but the cricket is a different matter .
Are you a South African by birth or did you move there from the uk , . How did you become a Spurs man . It’s fascinating how we migrate all over the world
\

Thanks for your interest Walth. I grew up in Enfield in North London, and my first trip to Spurs was for Bill Nicholson's first game in charge, the 10-4 win against Everton in 1959. Therafter I was an ever present for all home games for the next fifteen years, and for all away Cup games in the days when travelling up and down the M1 on FA Cup days was tremendous fun. After we married in '68 my wife and I moved to Maidenhead, Berkshire but remained regulars at Spurs for several years, until my then employers offered me a three year contract in South Africa, to set up the South African subsidiary company's first Data Processing Department as they were called in those days. Forty plus years later, three companies, five homes, and four different SA locations, we are still here!, where fortunately I am at least able to watch every Spurs game live on the Premiership world service. Whilst it was never an issue for me in my working career, I must confess that, since retirement, there is an awful lot about living in England that I miss.

\

Thanks for your interest Walth. I grew up in Enfield in North London, and my first trip to Spurs was for Bill Nicholson's first game in charge, the 10-4 win against Everton in 1959. Therafter I was an ever present for all home games for the next fifteen years, and for all away Cup games in the days when travelling up and down the M1 on FA Cup days was tremendous fun. After we married in '68 my wife and I moved to Maidenhead, Berkshire but remained regulars at Spurs for several years, until my then employers offered me a three year contract in South Africa, to set up the South African subsidiary company's first Data Processing Department as they were called in those days. Forty plus years later, three companies, five homes, and four different SA locations, we are still here!, where fortunately I am at least able to watch every Spurs game live on the Premiership world service. Whilst it was never an issue for me in my working career, I must confess that, since retirement, there is an awful lot about living in England that I miss.

Hope you have good stock of Booze at ths moment Smithy......or i it also illegal at the moment to smoke and drink alcohol in your own home ?

I'm afraid so
Hope you have good stock of Booze at ths moment Smithy......or i it also illegal at the moment to smoke and drink alcohol in your own home ?
I'm afraid so Greavesie. Had about thirty litres of wine, ranging from OK casket stuff, thru to some decent SA Reds going into lock down, but used up the last bottle with dinner last night. We currently are told that the current lock down level will end at the end of this month, after which (Minister of Police permitting), we will be able to buy alcohol three hours a day for three days a week. Trouble is that when that happens, the retail outlets will be chaotic for the first couple of weeks. Consequently I've ordered two dozen bottles from two of our local vineyards (Louis Oosthuizen 2010 Open Champion is a member of our Golf Club and has his own range of wines), whereby hopefully these can be delivered within 2-3 days of the lockdown ending.

I'm afraid so

I'm afraid so Greavesie. Had about thirty litres of wine, ranging from OK casket stuff, thru to some decent SA Reds going into lock down, but used up the last bottle with dinner last night. We currently are told that the current lock down level will end at the end of this month, after which (Minister of Police permitting), we will be able to buy alcohol three hours a day for three days a week. Trouble is that when that happens, the retail outlets will be chaotic for the first couple of weeks. Consequently I've ordered two dozen bottles from two of our local vineyards (Louis Oosthuizen 2010 Open Champion is a member of our Golf Club and has his own range of wines), whereby hopefully these can be delivered within 2-3 days of the lockdown ending.

I'll drink to that!

I understand it was done, along side banning smoking to reduce crime and strain on the health system....has just fallen into the hands of gangs etc I bet.

Prohibition in the USA did not work did it!

I'll drink to that!

I understand it was done, along side banning smoking to reduce crime and strain on the health system....has just fallen into the hands of gangs etc I bet.

Prohibition in the USA did not work did it!
Exactly, the illicit booze and cigarette market has never had it better. Our lock down is driven by the complexities of South African politics, particularly as regards the differing living standards that apply across this country, a subject I don't want to get into. Whether the measures in place will ultimately benefit any sector of the population however, is increasingly coming under debate.

Did anyone see , on Sky Arts , the latest in the Brian Johnson series with Paul Rogers ? Absolutely brilliant .What a brilliant career he has had and is still going strong , touring with Bad Company. Playing to full houses and his voice is a good as it ever was . Same age as me! During the intro to the programme , he goes through the people , his mates , who will be on each episode and they are , Mark Knopfler , Mick Fleetwood ,
Afternoon all, well it is now, been busy with the missus and all things medical.

Walt I see your on about Brian Johnson, AC/DC one of my fave bands, and all his Star meetings, it must a repeat because I watched that series on Sky Arts last year, absolutely excellent and well worth watching.

Weather is bright n sunny, so more work to be done in the garden, pruning edging etc, plus try and sort out a rat problem, where they are from, obviously its the bird feeding station or restaurant that is attracting them.

Anyway must go things to do blah blah, keep keeping safe all. COYS

No please, don't let er in doors know that, lol! she will have a fit, thus adding that to the other worries.

Fridge freezers RD, oh my god we have couple of new ones coming soon, er in doors wants 2 x 50/50 fr/fr's to replace our 1 freezer and 1 fridge, anyway that's her thinking, so must oblige as she is always right lol!

\

Good morning! :thumbup::thumbup:

Holiday Monday here and it is pissing rain for the second day in a row. Broke some rules yesterday and made dinner for friends of ours, the wife lost her father to a stroke on Friday.

Smith and Jones, I lived on Old Park Ridings when we moved up from Portsmouth, where in Enfield were you?

Good morning! :thumbup::thumbup:

Holiday Monday here and it is pissing rain for the second day in a row. Broke some rules yesterday and made dinner for friends of ours, the wife lost her father to a stroke on Friday.

Smith and Jones, I lived on Old Park Ridings when we moved up from Portsmouth, where in Enfield were you?
On the other side of town 80, pretty much on the border of Enfield in Middlesex, and Waltham Cross in Hertfordshire.