The government are trying their best in difficult circumstances | Page 8 | Vital Football

The government are trying their best in difficult circumstances

Firstly, I didn't call you personally a tosser, it was aimed at all the journalists and MP's that ask the same questions over and over again. as they did again at yesterdays conference.
If you feel it was aimed at you personally and I have upset you or hit a nerve, then I apologise.
If you are upset at such insulting words as condescending being thrown at you like confetti it really is the least you can expect to be fair with the attitude you have toward fellow posters just because they don't dance exactly to your tune.
In your above post you said -
You however (as do others) always seem compelled to include some kind of sleight toward those who don't share your opinion.
That's a bit rich even for you and is a bit like the pan calling the kettle sooty arse. I can't believe you of all peple could say that. I nearly spat my brew over my screen when I read that.
As for a plan, as I pointed out, once the scientific evidence lines up, then a plan will no doubt be unveiled.
It is no good promising the earth, just to put everything back on hold again if the evidence isn't there to back up the plan. I am sure on or before Thursday we will have a clearer idea. I am sure it won't say 'yipee, it over, lets all get back to normal' as you implied earlier.
You are ridiculous like a dog is ridiculous with a stick. You just don't ever give up, back down or just let anything go by without pushing your opinion down everyones throat, you are like a dog retreiving a stick.

PS For fear of upsettong you further, I am not implying in any way that you are a dog.

I don't find you boring as a whole, but feel a little less pushiness and acceptance of other peoples opinion, and maybe just a bit more lightheartedness may not go a miss.

Please don't feel compelled to write a full reply disecting every line of my reply (with bullet points) as there really is no need this time.

Firstly, you haven't upset me. Honest. Why should you? In fact, from my response, I'm not even sure why you'd think that.

You're the one who were making the insults. Oh, and as for the "exit strategy tossers" comment, given that I've been calling for exactly that, what am I supposed to think? Regardless, apology accepted.

As for the insults and sleights, please, feel free to find posts where I've insulted anyone, or called anyone names. Undoubtedly, you'll find sarcastic responses when I feel insults have been thrown (eg your not understanding an "exit strategy" ............ a plan for a plan), but I'm fairly sure you'll find no name calling form me.

As for me being like a dog with a stick...........are you suggesting that you and others aren't? You have an opinion, I have mine. I have no objection whatsoever to you and others expressing yours as you see fit ........... whether that's defending the government in some way, or in calling me petty names for having the gall to criticise the government. As I've said, it doesn't really upset me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't reply.

Dog? ..................it would never have crossed my mind to think you were calling me a dog. I understood the analogy.

As you requested, I haven't split out my response ................... though to my mind, it just makes things easier (to read and understand) when it's done that way.

You mention lightheartedness .............. I'd say that the majority of what I post on here is quite light hearted. Even when I get into a bit of a ding dong. The problem is, you're reliant on the reader to take in the light-heartedness.
However, sometimes, light-heartedness isn't what's required. Rage it's occasionally what's required. That said, as I posted above, I never (I think) rage at the poster ............ merely the poster's opinion. You may find an occasional slip from this (usually taking the piss), but certainly no name calling.

:love1:

:clap::clap::clap:

No guilty conscience on my part here. I think you'll find I welcomed the stretched target from the outset, and as I posted yesterday, I deemed it a success even if the 100k wasn't hit.
Never in doubt it wouldn't be hit otherwise they would have called it lower 😉
That's another beating stick gone but sure the naysayers will soon move on to the next one.

That's another beating stick gone but sure the naysayers will soon move on to the next one.
To be honest, it should all be "good news" from hereon in. That doesn't of course excuse the mistakes already made.

Just one thing to be confirmed. When the target was set at "100k" tests per day, did anyone think it meant anything other than tests on 100k different people?

Apparently, no, it doesn't mean that .......and that's not what's been achieved. A shame that the government aren't a little more open about this, but I still think that it's a good achievement.

122k ....... .but that also includes homes tests issued, but not yet returned. Not really sure that counts as "achieved", but it still bodes well going forward.

122k ....... .but that also includes homes tests issued, but not yet returned. Not really sure that counts as "achieved", but it still bodes well going forward.

Home tests given out, but not yet returned account for 18,000 of yesterdays total, so without them it is still a good shout like you said.

Home tests given out, but not yet returned account for 18,000 of yesterdays total, so without them it is still a good shout like you said.
No, there were 2 separate lots, based on the process of how they were handled. 27k home tests (I didn't hear the number returned - did they quote it?) and 12k what they termed as "satellite", making a total of 39k.

The actual number of individuals classed as "tested" was 73k .......... though I don't know if that includes the home/satellite tests or not.

Regardless, as I've said on numerous occasions, getting to where they are, when the initial target for end April was only 25k per day is a job well done.

No, there were 2 separate lots, based on the process of how they were handled. 27k home tests (I didn't hear the number returned - did they quote it?) and 12k what they termed as "satellite", making a total of 39k.

The actual number of individuals classed as "tested" was 73k .......... though I don't know if that includes the home/satellite tests or not.

Regardless, as I've said on numerous occasions, getting to where they are, when the initial target for end April was only 25k per day is a job well done.

I apologise, I think I got the figure of 18,000 from the previous days numbers. Nonetheless its a step n the right direction.

Boris and Carrie have names their baby, and one of his nanes Nicholas is a tribute to two ofthe Doctors who helped save his life whilst he sufferedfrom the virus.
Nice touch Boris, but someone is bound to critisize you.

Boris and Carrie have names their baby, and one of his nanes Nicholas is a tribute to two ofthe Doctors who helped save his life whilst he sufferedfrom the virus.
Nice touch Boris, but someone is bound to critisize you.

I'm certainly not going to criticise him for his choice of names ....... nor the reason why he chose them. I'm not sure why anyone would.

The closest I've seen to "criticism" (and it wasn't critical) was someone musing that he was very fortunate to have had doctors with English (are they English, or British? .....or Christian?) names, given the number of excellent doctors (regardless from where they hail from ........ immigrant, naturalised here, first generation British) who might be named Naz, or Sadiq, or Mohammed, or Sanjit, etc.

The only remotely critical thing I've seen is that his son may well get the nickname Penis Penis, from Willy Johnson. I must admit, I'd never had Willy as a shortened version of Wilfred - it's Wilf.

Yes indeed. I posted an article that explained what Denmark were doing a while back.
I love what Denmark are doing. I think they're doing it right. The original tweet looks like it is just a promise (made by big businesses) that they won't use tax havens in future if we give them the money now. That isn't right, should just cut them off and see if they survive.
If they don't it's a harsh lesson for the business, maybe they will be less likely to use the tax havens in the future? Having said that the resulting redundancies would be awful, needs to be managed.