The government are trying their best in difficult circumstances | Vital Football

The government are trying their best in difficult circumstances

moonay

Vital Football Legend
Posted as balance to the other one.

Feel free to populate it with stuff as appropriate.

I'll start it off with the Nightingale wards. ........................ a fantastic achievement.

Though Jenrick wasn't brilliant during his stint at the podium, at least he had a little good news.

Taken from the Beeb's summary of the briefing:

Government 'confident' NHS has enough ventilators - Jenrick
Jenrick says there are 10,606 ventilators in the NHS - and 190 of those have come from new UK suppliers "who rose to the challenge that the PM set to British industry".
The most important point to say is, there are sufficient ventilators, he says - the government is increasingly confident there will be sufficient capacity in the NHS.
"Just a few weeks ago that was one of our great concerns," he notes.

Why will they not include home deaths and those in care homes in official figures, do some deaths not matter ?

Why will they not include home deaths and those in care homes in official figures, do some deaths not matter ?

This is the praise thread LMB ........this should really be in the critical one. ;)

So ...... I'll attempt to defend the government.......and praise as much as I can.

As I understand it, the daily numbers are what come from hospitals. However, because of the need for death certs etc, the numbers from care homes aren't as straightforward to obtain on a daily basis .......so those numbers are now added in on a weekly basis instead.

Per Moonay's post wrong thread and as he correctly said these will now be added weekly.
Of course all deaths matter equally - what an appalling comment to make.

:cool:
This is the praise thread LMB ........this should really be in the critical one. ;)

So ...... I'll attempt to defend the government.......and praise as much as I can.

As I understand it, the daily numbers are what come from hospitals. However, because of the need for death certs etc, the numbers from care homes aren't as straightforward to obtain on a daily basis .......so those numbers are now added in on a weekly basis instead.

My post was as near to praise as I could get it moonay, I haven't started on the critical thread yet

By granting the ministers £10k for having to work from home under these difficult times. The ministers can safely sleep with the knowledge that:-
1. the costs they claimed for private offices are protected and in circumstances where they employ their partners etc - such payments are ongoing
2. as there are less parliamentary meetings the costs they would have claimed for these meetings will be compensated in the £10k grant.

By granting the ministers £10k for having to work from home under these difficult times. The ministers can safely sleep with the knowledge that:-
1. the costs they claimed for private offices are protected and in circumstances where they employ their partners etc - such payments are ongoing
2. as there are less parliamentary meetings the costs they would have claimed for these meetings will be compensated in the £10k grant.

Now I've vehemently defended the government here in a couple of arguments with mates.

Their constituency workload will be absolutely massive right now, and if this helps in them and their team being able to do their job more simply and effectively, then I say it's a good thing.

It'll (presumably) all be accounted for by receipts after the event, but this allowed them to get up and running with no fuss.

No problem with this whatsoever.

Now I've vehemently defended the government here in a couple of arguments with mates.

Their constituency workload will be absolutely massive right now, and if this helps in them and their team being able to do their job more simply and effectively, then I say it's a good thing.

It'll (presumably) all be accounted for by receipts after the event, but this allowed them to get up and running with no fuss.

No problem with this whatsoever.
Looking at my area - it's the council that had to take on a lot not the MPs.

I'm fairly sure (decent) MPs will be mad busy helping out their constituents.
And to be fair (decent) MPs of all parties - I'm on the border of Chorley and South Ribble and both Lindsay Hoyle and Katherine Fletcher have been massively supportive of local frontliners and the behaviour of (most) of the local population.

And to be fair (decent) MPs of all parties - I'm on the border of Chorley and South Ribble and both Lindsay Hoyle and Katherine Fletcher have been massively supportive of local frontliners and the behaviour of (most) of the local population.

Absolutely. I made no distinction between parties. Lots of MPs from all parties have excellent constituency MPs, who do an awful lot of work. Hoyle was excellent as an MP, even though it riled some of his constituents that they weren't able to vote against him in the election ! :LOL:

We used to be Chorley, (Eccleston) but we're now South Ribble (can't for the life of me understand why).

Absolutely. I made no distinction between parties. Lots of MPs from all parties have excellent constituency MPs, who do an awful lot of work. Hoyle was excellent as an MP, even though it riled some of his constituents that they weren't able to vote against him in the election ! :LOL:

We used to be Chorley, (Eccleston) but we're now South Ribble (can't for the life of me understand why).
I'm in South Ribble an all but Chorley council empty the buns so a foot in both camps as Mrs Hampton says double the moaning opportunity 😁

Where do you feel you belong ? Idiot beaurocrats can draw lines on maps to evenly divide numbers without any by your leave to ancient loyalties. We don't have to pay any attention to them though, I don't.

Home is where the heart is.