Coronavirus | Page 9 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Some interesting - and pretty grim - suggestions coming out that the virus might cause Kawasaki's disease in under-9s. It's not pleasant.

Don't take your eye off the ball:

"The head of Germany’s Robert Koch Institute for infectious diseases has called on Germans to stay at home as much as possible after new figures showed the coronavirus infection rate had increased.

Lothar Wieler, president of the Robert Koch Institute, said the virus reproduction rate, dubbed ‘R’, is now at 1.0 in Germany, which means one person with the virus infects one other on average. Earlier this month, the rate was at 0.7.

It comes after Germany eased some of its lockdown restrictions last week, allowing retailers with floor space of up to 800 square metres to re-open, along with car and bicycle dealers, and bookshops."

And ONS saying you can basically add 50% to the hospital death-toll, which I think we'd already guessed.

Good to see we smashed that 20k dead target!*

*Dark humour.

An interesting alternative to the agenda of deaths, lockdowns, social distancing and PPE on the Guardian:

This is a short intro - a link to the full version if it takes your interest is in the description. As with every media outlet these days, pinches of salt need to be at hand; but as someone who has been very doubtful of the mainstream media agenda from the very start; and has been very deeply concerned about the economic impact these measures are causing from the very start as well, it's worth a watch.

So this guy is saying there are no Covid-19 patients in NY? Seriously?! I haven't watched the full video you refer to but this extract looks like conspiracy-theory nut-jobbery of the absolute worst kind.

I mean, seriously mate? :oops:

An interesting alternative to the agenda of deaths, lockdowns, social distancing and PPE on the Guardian:

This is a short intro - a link to the full version if it takes your interest is in the description. As with every media outlet these days, pinches of salt need to be at hand; but as someone who has been very doubtful of the mainstream media agenda from the very start; and has been very deeply concerned about the economic impact these measures are causing from the very start as well, it's worth a watch.

I'm not usually in favour of playing the man not the ball but in this case

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashid_Buttar

So this guy is saying there are no Covid-19 patients in NY? Seriously?! I haven't watched the full video you refer to but this extract looks like conspiracy-theory nut-jobbery of the absolute worst kind.

I mean, seriously mate? :oops:
Hence my mention of the large pinches of salt required in my original message.

However, in times like this when not much makes sense in the mainstream media either, I quite like to hear from someone from the completely other side of the tracks... not because I necessarily believe it, but because I’m often quite interested in what they have to say (even more so when you hear that their videos with 9 million views are taken down by YouTube).

As for the longer video, there’s plenty more rambling, but also some interesting alternative perspective on the level of social distancing now being recommended, the agendas of Dr Fauci and Bill Gates, and the real biggie... vaccines.

The anti-vax thing may be an alternative view, although as 1 in 5 Brits would apparently now refuse a Covid vaccine (this was according to a recent poll in the Independent), I’m interested to know why such a large number feel so strongly against it. And as this is a subject and position either rarely broached (or widely discredited) in the British press, it was certainly interesting to hear some of the explanations as to why here.

Anyway, there’ll be no more late-night adds to Lincoln Vitals for a while... need to try and ensure I still have a job by the end of next month! Thanks to covid and a 6-week (and counting) lockdown, the end could be nigh for life in Malaysia sadly. Hope you and family keeping well in good old Lincolnshire mate.

Hence my mention of the large pinches of salt required in my original message.

However, in times like this when not much makes sense in the mainstream media either, I quite like to hear from someone from the completely other side of the tracks... not because I necessarily believe it, but because I’m often quite interested in what they have to say (even more so when you hear that their videos with 9 million views are taken down by YouTube).

As for the longer video, there’s plenty more rambling, but also some interesting alternative perspective on the level of social distancing now being recommended, the agendas of Dr Fauci and Bill Gates, and the real biggie... vaccines.

The anti-vax thing may be an alternative view, although as 1 in 5 Brits would apparently now refuse a Covid vaccine (this was according to a recent poll in the Independent), I’m interested to know why such a large number feel so strongly against it. And as this is a subject and position either rarely broached (or widely discredited) in the British press, it was certainly interesting to hear some of the explanations as to why here.

Anyway, there’ll be no more late-night adds to Lincoln Vitals for a while... need to try and ensure I still have a job by the end of next month! Thanks to covid and a 6-week (and counting) lockdown, the end could be nigh for life in Malaysia sadly. Hope you and family keeping well in good old Lincolnshire mate.

I think when many people and organisations have to go out of their way to remind people that ingesting disinfectant is not a cure for a virus just because the president of the US says it is you probably have your answer as to why "alternative views" are so prevalent when it's contrary to currently established science...

I think when many people and organisations have to go out of their way to remind people that ingesting disinfectant is not a cure for a virus just because the president of the US says it is you probably have your answer as to why "alternative views" are so prevalent when it's contrary to currently established science...

I most certainly don't have my answer, unless you are suggesting that the 1 in 5 Brits who would refuse a Covid vaccine are essentially all dumb-asses who would try ingesting Domestos on the grounds that Donald Trump speculated that finding a way to do so safely may be an interesting idea? After all, "currently established science" suggests that disinfectant does indeed eliminate Covid-19.

I'd suggest - and I've no doubt you'd agree - that anyone who takes that as a call to start ingesting disinfectant is seriously intellectually challenged (although the hysteria consequently whipped up in the mainstream media after this briefing probably challenges some more than others).

However, is it fair to suggest that the large and increasing numbers of people who question whether modern vaccines are safe are cut from the same cloth - especially given the supporting evidence that they have caused autism and other serious injuries? All I can say is I very much hope not, as otherwise we have an even worse problem in the UK with the intelligence of the population that I previously thought.

I most certainly don't have my answer, unless you are suggesting that the 1 in 5 Brits who would refuse a Covid vaccine are essentially all dumb-asses who would try ingesting Domestos on the grounds that Donald Trump speculated that finding a way to do so safely may be an interesting idea? After all, "currently established science" suggests that disinfectant does indeed eliminate Covid-19.

I'd suggest - and I've no doubt you'd agree - that anyone who takes that as a call to start ingesting disinfectant is seriously intellectually challenged (although the hysteria consequently whipped up in the mainstream media after this briefing probably challenges some more than others).

However, is it fair to suggest that the large and increasing numbers of people who question whether modern vaccines are safe are cut from the same cloth - especially given the supporting evidence that they have caused autism and other serious injuries? All I can say is I very much hope not, as otherwise we have an even worse problem in the UK with the intelligence of the population that I previously thought.

There is no evidence that vaccines cause autism, not even the MMR vaccine that a doctor who has been stripped of his position, admitted he faked the data for his study and fled to America to continue his evil battle against reality, where he continues to raise money from the parents of autistic children in the vain hope they will get a lawsuit to stick.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/ruling-on-doctor-in-mmr-scare/

You'll notice the key phrase in that link:
The scientific and medical establishment understood that Wakefield’s single small study proved nothing but it failed to get its message across. It also failed to investigate and uncover the facts about how Wakefield had conducted his research.
This allowed the story to run for more than five years until the investigative journalist Brian Deer published his expose in 2004.

There is no evidence that vaccines cause autism, not even the MMR vaccine that a doctor who has been stripped of his position, admitted he faked the data for his study and fled to America to continue his evil battle against reality, where he continues to raise money from the parents of autistic children in the vain hope they will get a lawsuit to stick.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/ruling-on-doctor-in-mmr-scare/

You'll notice the key phrase in that link:
The scientific and medical establishment understood that Wakefield’s single small study proved nothing but it failed to get its message across. It also failed to investigate and uncover the facts about how Wakefield had conducted his research.
This allowed the story to run for more than five years until the investigative journalist Brian Deer published his expose in 2004.

Very sadly, I know of cases of where the MMR vaccine has caused autism and other severe issues in young children. I used to be good friends with someone who worked at a kindergarten in Lincoln and she had 3 kids there who had developed severe learning and behaviour difficulties after having the MMR jab at 2 years old. One poor lad was 2 years older than the other kids he had to play with as he’d spent more than a year in hospital recovering.

As for the lawsuit you refer to - or indeed any that would involve vaccine producers from the United States - none have a chance of sticking thanks to an amendment to the law there in the 1980s that prevents pharmaceutical companies being prosecuted for any death or injury resulting from vaccines. On that basis, let’s hope any vaccine rushed through trials for Covid really is safe. If not, there won’t be much in the way of liability to back us up.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-22

Anyway, appreciate the pods mate... they’re on my list for evening listening.

Very sadly, I know of cases of where the MMR vaccine has caused autism and other severe issues in young children. I used to be good friends with someone who worked at a kindergarten in Lincoln and she had 3 kids there who had developed severe learning and behaviour difficulties after having the MMR jab at 2 years old. One poor lad was 2 years older than the other kids he had to play with as he’d spent more than a year in hospital recovering.

As for the lawsuit you refer to - or indeed any that would involve vaccine producers from the United States - none have a chance of sticking thanks to an amendment to the law there in the 1980s that prevents pharmaceutical companies being prosecuted for any death or injury resulting from vaccines. On that basis, let’s hope any vaccine rushed through trials for Covid really is safe. If not, there won’t be much in the way of liability to back us up.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-22

Anyway, appreciate the pods mate... they’re on my list for evening listening.

The plural of anecdote is not data.
Correlation does not equal causation

So some grim landmarks were achieved in the last couple of days:

*US has lost more people to this virus than in the entire of the Vietnam war

*London has lost more people in the 4 weeks to April 17th than in the peak 4 weeks of the Blitz in 1940.

Stockport NHS has just announced another 156 covid 19 patients discharged from Hospital . bit of positivity amongst all the doom and gloom

Stockport NHS has just announced another 156 covid 19 patients discharged from Hospital . bit of positivity amongst all the doom and gloom

However, current reports suggesting that UK hospital covid-19 admissions fatality rate is 35%.

I think people really need to understand that this is a bastard little critter.

US reporting remesvidir effective after Chinese study suggests no effect.

Rushed science is bad science. But ththe

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab is asked what help care homes will be offered to deliver tests for staff and residents.
Mr Raab replies the government is doing "everything possible" in this area, although he acknowledges "distribution issue".
Asked whether care home testing could have begun sooner, Prof Yvonne Doyle says the "scale and speed" of the epidemic has been seen "really in the last couple of weeks".
She adds that care homes are a "complex sector to get to," including many different providers.

This is complete bu**s**t, the absence of testing has been at the heart of every problem this country has had in tackling the virus. To say that "scale and speed of the epidemic has been seen really in the last couple of weeks" is to defy credulity. It's an epidemic, it's what happens ffs...