Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 11 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

It takes all sorts to make a team, Sissoko is one of the few we have who goes onto the field, with essential requirements of heart, hard-working, and showing the right attitude. These qualities should never be dismissed.

That's the least I would expect.To take us to the next level he also needs to have a end product.I am not saying he is not a player who gives everything just his everything is all heart no quality

That's the least I would expect.To take us to the next level he also needs to have a end product.I am not saying he is not a player who gives everything just his everything is all heart no quality

He has never professed to be something that he is not. Still, like similar players before him, the pride, determination, and desire to play and do his part, often way beyond, to try and help the team win is admirable, for that he will always have my respect.

So very true. Unfortunately, you need all of those Sissoko qualities plus more natural talent and brainpower to be the best at football. Wouldn't it be nice to be bragging about a Spurs player that has the lot?

I believe Sissoko has his best years behind him. You don't play in Sissoko's style and be amazing into your thirties unfortunately. I predict more muscle injuries and a general reduction of his stamina and speed unfortunately. He'll never be a major cog if Jose is allowed to get stuck into this project.

Nor should he. He is a bang average player.

He has never professed to be something that he is not. Still, like similar players before him, the pride, determination, and desire to play and do his part, often way beyond, to try and help the team win is admirable, for that he will always have my respect.

We have other players who give everything and people destroy them.I love a player who gives everything for the team that's why I like lamela.Sissoko for 2 seasons was a joke.He has got some fans on his side with his effort but a cm needs more than hard work.They need class and vision he has neither

There has been quite a lot of discussion on this site, as to who fans would keep, and who should leave in the summer. Unfortunately, with no CL football, and after another trophy less season, the players that fans want to keep, are the players who may well be those who most want to leave. This raises some interesting 'what ifs'.

Although it won't be a popular view, my guess is that Kane, Alli and Son may all communicate a wish to move on at the end of this season. Add to these Winks, a pretty average player but one we may get decent money for courtesy of Gareth Southgate, and Ndombele who doesn't seem to want to play for Spurs and maybe not in the Premiership, and potentially the Club could generate three hundred million via the sale of these players. This raises the questions
- Would Levy be prepared to sanction a huge clear out of some of our best players, given the loss of CL football, and the big money involved.
- If so, as was the case with Bale, would the Club be prepared to reinvest this income in building a new playing squad.
- If so, would Mourinho be entrusted with the money and the responsibility to effectively rebuild almost from scratch, or would he be replaced.

So who are the players we will be interested in for next season?. I ask this because the number of players we were interested in and never got is endless. Some recent names I remember that we were interested ( that magic word again ) such as Suarez, Hazard, Mouthinio, Mahrez, Barkley, Grealish, Willian, and recently Dybala, Fernandez Bruno ,not the one we got , and the list goes on and on. Interested in and for some reason / or some fabricated excuse we always miss out ! And without Champions League we won’t get any star names !!!

Ever since ENIC came in, when do they ever get that one big name?

It started with Rivaldo, Guardiola, Morientes.

Who else remembers the Jan transfer window when we bid for Aguero, Lllorente, Negredo? With hours remaining in the window?

More recently Dybala, Fernandes.

Anyone with a brain knows it's all horse shit. A 20 year scam to get people to buy season tickets.

ENIC are a joke. Parasites holding the club hostage for their own personal gain.

Ever since ENIC came in, when do they ever get that one big name?

It started with Rivaldo, Guardiola, Morientes.

Who else remembers the Jan transfer window when we bid for Aguero, Lllorente, Negredo? With hours remaining in the window?

More recently Dybala, Fernandes.

Anyone with a brain knows it's all horse shit. A 20 year scam to get people to buy season tickets.

ENIC are a joke. Parasites holding the club hostage for their own personal gain.

If I had a pound for every time I've heard "we had money to spend, but couldn't get the deals over the line" from the apologists. Then we see it conveniently roll to the next window and then we hear "we had money to spend, but.......". Doesn't sit well with the fans especially when you post over £100m of profits after tax.

At least in the last couple of windows we've finally seen some significant money spent. The cashflow does appear to be improving. There is a latent effect on the pitch of the money not spent in the past hitting us now, and there will also be a latent effect of the money we're spending now impacting us positively on the pitch in the future. I truly believe that when I look beyond the current fiasco.

As for the next period, I'd be happier if we got into our head that this summer is about completely balancing the squad and next summer is about big signings. If I didn't see a list containing the equivalent names to players like Dybala, Fernandes etc I'd be ecstatically happy. Some would still have a moan though about our lack of ambition.

If I saw genuine attempts to get players like Ramsdale, Aarons, Godfrey, Ake, Hojberg etc then I'll be more confident we're building something solid for the future. I'd certainly back Jose to get us top 4 with the current core and these types of additions. I can imagine where Davies, Aurier and Winks games would be if suddenly Hojberg, Ake and Aarons turned up to training in pre-season. Just like what we should see when all our attacking players are fit with perhaps another striker on the books.

If I had a pound for every time I've heard "we had money to spend, but couldn't get the deals over the line" from the apologists. Then we see it conveniently roll to the next window and then we hear "we had money to spend, but.......". Doesn't sit well with the fans especially when you post over £100m of profits after tax.

At least in the last couple of windows we've finally seen some significant money spent. The cashflow does appear to be improving. There is a latent effect on the pitch of the money not spent in the past hitting us now, and there will also be a latent effect of the money we're spending now impacting us positively on the pitch in the future. I truly believe that when I look beyond the current fiasco.

As for the next period, I'd be happier if we got into our head that this summer is about completely balancing the squad and next summer is about big signings. If I didn't see a list containing the equivalent names to players like Dybala, Fernandes etc I'd be ecstatically happy. Some would still have a moan though about our lack of ambition.

If I saw genuine attempts to get players like Ramsdale, Aarons, Godfrey, Ake, Hojberg etc then I'll be more confident we're building something solid for the future. I'd certainly back Jose to get us top 4 with the current core and these types of additions. I can imagine where Davies, Aurier and Winks games would be if suddenly Hojberg, Ake and Aarons turned up to training in pre-season. Just like what we should see when all our attacking players are fit with perhaps another striker on the books.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.....we play Bruno Fernandez on Sunday. :censor:

I shouldn't get your hopes up for the summer; the agents networks are beginning to close down and they're all preparing for no deals, or very few; obvious reasons stated, but the bigger one is the liquidity in the market is almost non existent as the big oil rich clubs also can't expect more funding...

Depressing times.

It may well be the shock that stops or slows the insane inflation in the marketplace - the clubs liquidity was under pressure before, now it's likely to be killing some clubs and risking their survival in some clubs where the debt (for example) in Italian/Spanish clubs is incredible.

It really is depressing to look at how our squad has fallen apart, so many players who need moved on and others who have just declined. So many areas needing addressed. You just know we won't be able to do it this summer and so will have another season of "transition" as they seem fond of saying these days.

2 goalkeepers prone to mistakes.
A RB who is so unpredictable he's predictable.
A bunch of very polite CBs who seem keen on letting each other have a run in the team.
Foyth looks far too rash to be a reliable CB, try him in midfield if not, then got to go.
Sessegnon looks like a deer in headlights. Really don't understand how a pro can seem so scared to play football.
Winks and NDombele are too lightweight to ever play together in any meaningful match.
Need a midfielder capable of actually taking a game by the scruff the neck defensively.
Sissoko is never going to be better than he was last year, where he was above average in a sliding team. We need better. Hopefully Fernandes can be that, provided he stays away from penalties.
Lamela as much as I like the fight he brings, he is injured far too much to be relied upon.
Ali looks like he's not interested half the time.
Lucas enjoys running into 6 defenders, but feck it, at least he tries something.
A striker to play when Kane gets injured for 3 months (at least) next season

It really is depressing to look at how our squad has fallen apart, so many players who need moved on and others who have just declined. So many areas needing addressed. You just know we won't be able to do it this summer and so will have another season of "transition" as they seem fond of saying these days.

2 goalkeepers prone to mistakes.
A RB who is so unpredictable he's predictable.
A bunch of very polite CBs who seem keen on letting each other have a run in the team.
Foyth looks far too rash to be a reliable CB, try him in midfield if not, then got to go.
Sessegnon looks like a deer in headlights. Really don't understand how a pro can seem so scared to play football.
Winks and NDombele are too lightweight to ever play together in any meaningful match.
Need a midfielder capable of actually taking a game by the scruff the neck defensively.
Sissoko is never going to be better than he was last year, where he was above average in a sliding team. We need better. Hopefully Fernandes can be that, provided he stays away from penalties.
Lamela as much as I like the fight he brings, he is injured far too much to be relied upon.
Ali looks like he's not interested half the time.
Lucas enjoys running into 6 defenders, but feck it, at least he tries something.
A striker to play when Kane gets injured for 3 months (at least) next season

Someone else made the point that Alli can talk the talk but is not good enough to walk the walk. His words show that he cares and is interested, but he isn't good enough on the pitch to raise his game when the chips are down and sustain it. I have made a similar point about Lamela over the years, proper energy levels but low on quality. I hope we finally wake up in this next window, to find some upgrades to give us a chance.

Last edited: