Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 46 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

All this talk about boozed up villans I need to report that SD and myself were a disgrace .
SD necked his cup of tea very quickly and I spilt a drop of water from my bottle onto the concourse floor. :cheers:

(We left the drinking to the SD juniors and at 6 quid a pint they were welcome to it !!!)
Yep, can relate to that, Langoe junior and his mate necked a couple of pints whilst I savoured a less than tasty Watery, Wembley hot chocolate.....

Regardless of everything going on around I was proud of that performance yesterday, all I asked was make us proud and despite defeat they did.
COYVB's let the battle commence.

Take the performance and result and build on it.

Not disgraced, I think we all secretly know had City been playing Chelsea or Arsenal then Kevin DB and Jesus would have started and I always felt City could have gone up another gear but we are what we are....

Now we need to battle for our lives.

All this talk about boozed up villans I need to report that SD and myself were a disgrace .
SD necked his cup of tea very quickly and I spilt a drop of water from my bottle onto the concourse floor. :cheers:

(We left the drinking to the SD juniors and at 6 quid a pint they were welcome to it !!!)

Mind you they tried to charge me £18.10 for the water and tea !!!!

We went to a great boozer in High Wycombe, 3 pints and a glass of Sav Blanc 11.30p. Cheaper than Wiv a Spoons :cheers:

I took 4 cans from my garage leftover from Christmas (I hadn’t a drink in 5 weeks before Sunday, not a big drinker generally) and bought 4 more from the Tesco by the stadium for £4.40, I don’t think many had a cheaper day than me!

Ok, so left it a few days, as I was wound up after the match, as I think fans have the right to be, if we didn't have the passion, it wouldn't matter and we'd not turn up.

I said in an interview last week, the only way we could win is with fury and spite. By that, I mean don't give Man City's undoubted world class players a second on the ball. Much like Blues did v Arsenal (they didn't have a hope) and Wigan when they won.

What did we do?

I'm still not sure to be honest. A mix of this, a mix of that, a bit of nothing and there lies the result, a loss.

I understand the talk that we weren't embarrassed, but I am not sure how many other fans would talk like that.

This was a cup game, one in which anything can happen, unless it is us playing it seems. I'm not gutted, I'm fairly relaxed, but come on, not being embarrassed is our measure now is it?

Where was the blood and thunder? Why not have a bit of bollox? Didn't see much of any of the players throwing themselves around. Few nice touches, but nice touches v world class touches?

Nah.

Ok, wasn't a corner, that happens in football, especially big club v not so big (refuse to call us small) and you still have to mark the corner.

And taking a striker off with 10 mins to go when losing? Why not have 2 strikers on? Throw everything at it, go down 3-1 risking trying to get 2-2.

Hey ho, now we concentrate on what I see as near guaranteed relegation, hope as always, to be wrong about that.

The Cup? I'd rather not have got there to be honest, still, we weren't embarrassed o_O

Ok, so left it a few days, as I was wound up after the match, as I think fans have the right to be, if we didn't have the passion, it wouldn't matter and we'd not turn up.

I said in an interview last week, the only way we could win is with fury and spite. By that, I mean don't give Man City's undoubted world class players a second on the ball. Much like Blues did v Arsenal (they didn't have a hope) and Wigan when they won.

What did we do?

I'm still not sure to be honest. A mix of this, a mix of that, a bit of nothing and there lies the result, a loss.

I understand the talk that we weren't embarrassed, but I am not sure how many other fans would talk like that.

This was a cup game, one in which anything can happen, unless it is us playing it seems. I'm not gutted, I'm fairly relaxed, but come on, not being embarrassed is our measure now is it?

Where was the blood and thunder? Why not have a bit of bollox? Didn't see much of any of the players throwing themselves around. Few nice touches, but nice touches v world class touches?

Nah.

Ok, wasn't a corner, that happens in football, especially big club v not so big (refuse to call us small) and you still have to mark the corner.

And taking a striker off with 10 mins to go when losing? Why not have 2 strikers on? Throw everything at it, go down 3-1 risking trying to get 2-2.

Hey ho, now we concentrate on what I see as near guaranteed relegation, hope as always, to be wrong about that.

The Cup? I'd rather not have got there to be honest, still, we weren't embarrassed o_O

Totally get what you are saying .

Only thing I would add is that what you are saying is alot about the shambles that is top flight football nowadays transposed into that game .

Those examples of Wigan and Blues happened 6 and 9 years ago respectively. The likes of Citeh have moved even further away in that time. I doubt very much that those blues and wigan sides would have faired any better than us on Sunday. Racking my brains but that wigan win is the only 'shock' since the crazy gang.

Totally get what you are saying .

Only thing I would add is that what you are saying is alot about the shambles that is top flight football nowadays transposed into that game .

Those examples of Wigan and Blues happened 6 and 9 years ago respectively. The likes of Citeh have moved even further away in that time. I doubt very much that those blues and wigan sides would have faired any better than us on Sunday. Racking my brains but that wigan win is the only 'shock' since the crazy gang.

I take your point sir, I raise you:

Liverpool thrashed by Watford.

Norwich City 3-2 Man City

Bournemouth 1-0 Man Utd

Other clubs pull off surprises, we don't.

How did Watford do it? By doing what I said we should do.