Leicester City-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Vital Football

Leicester City-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

Colin Is The King

Alert Team
Leicester City 0 Manchester City 1
FT Stats
Possession
Leicester 32.1% City 67.9%
Corners
Leicester 3 City 7
Offsides
Leicester 1 City 1
Fouls
Leicester 14 City 10
Cards
Leicester 0 City 0
On Target
Leicester 3 City 7
Woodwork
Leicester 1 City 0
Off Target
Leicester 7 City 11 (PL site has 10 Leicester shots, City 18 - City OS Leicester 4 off target, City 7)

Attendance 32,068

Compiled from Premier League and City Official Site match day threads.

Links

https://www.premierleague.com/match/46869

https://matchday.mancity.com/fixtures/first-team/2019/leicester-city-v-manchester-city

Gabriel Jesus reaction
"Sometimes I come on to help defend because we are winning but today I needed to try and help my team-mates to find a goal and thankfully, I managed to score."

19:25
'Leicester ran out of steam'
FT: Leicester 0-1 Manchester City

Michael Kightly
Former Wolves midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

It was a really good game. Leicester were doing fairly well at keeping City out but it was a great goal from Jesus. I just felt with all the possession they had, they wore Leicester out and they ran out of steam in the end. A good win for City.

MUEN
Player Ratings
Ederson - 6
Walker - 7
Fernandinho (c) - 7
Laporte* -8
Mendy - 7
Rodrigo - 7
Gundogan - 7
Mahrez - 7
De Bruyne - 8
Bernardo - 7
Aguero* - 5

Subs:*, Otamendi* 7 Jesus** 7, (Not Used) Bravo, D Silva, Cancelo, Stones, Foden

19:38
'It was a tough game'

Man of the match Riyad Mahrez: "It was a tough game. It's always difficult to come here, they played very deep, five at the back. We tried to break them down but it was difficult. After the second half it was more on the counter, so we had more space and that made the difference.

"At first I wanted to shoot and then I see the space, and at the last moment I see Gabi. I knew he wasn't going to be offside because he was watching the line, so I gave him the ball and it was a good finish.

"The most important thing is that we won today even if we miss the penalty. Today we showed a great reaction after the miss.

"It was a perfect game to prepare [for Real Madrid], a tough game, we are ready."

On the speculation surrounding Manchester City's European ban: "We just focus on our game. We let the club do the things, we are very confident of the situation and we will see."

19:39
'We have a contract, we want to stay'

Manchester City goalscorer Gabriel Jesus: "Always when I go on I try to help my team-mates and find space. [Riyad Mahrez] has a lot of quality and I thought 'go' because I know he has the quality to give me the ball, he gave a very good ball and I can score."

On Pep Guardiola confirming he will stay at Manchester City: "It is important for us, for the club. We have a contract, we want to stay, of course it's important."

Jesus came on and really stretched the tiring Leicester defence. He worked hard and got his reward. I hope Mahrez sees that his decision making at that moment effectively won the game. Jesus had work to do, did well to stay onside and finished superbly.

19:42

Brendan Rodgers say he is 'bitterly disappointed' and his players did what he asked of them. Says his team tired late on.

Full reaction to come.