Leicester City-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Leicester City-Manchester City Premier League Post Match Thread

19:48
'We'll score the next one'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to BBC Sport: "We have missed four penalties in a row, but maybe we will shoot a penalty when we need it to win something. The keepers are good too, but the next one we are going to score."

Ready for Real Madrid?

"The preparation after 12 days off was good, we have played two good games, and it’s good to prepare for Madrid with these good opponents. We are playing the kings of the competion, we will see, we will try to enjoy it and do our game."

19:50
'It's tough to take'
FT: Leicester 0-1 Manchester City

Leicester's Dennis Praet, who conceded a penalty: "It's tough to take today. Of course you are playing against one of the best teams in Europe but we had our chances to score and if you get a goal against you at the end of the game, it's tough to take.
"I think the rhythm was high, we ran a lot because you know Manchester City is a team that passes the ball very well, but we had a very good organisation, our plan worked well and we had some very good chances, so it's too bad we don't get the points."
On the penalty decision: "I don't agree because I think it's natural if you protect your face, so from my point of view it was absolutely no penalty."

19:54
'We're disappointed we didn't get a penalty - it's so clear'

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers talking to Sky Sports: "We were obviously bitterly disappointed, we gave so much to the game. It was a terrific game. Everything I asked the players to do in terms of aggression and pressing we did, and caused them problems.

"We obviously tired towards the end. [The goal] was too easy really. One or two of our players were struggling in terms of the legs at that point.

"We were always a threat in the game. Of course they have big quality, but I was so pleased with how we defended.

"There's no magic formula, you've just got to work hard. The players gave everything tonight. We're in a great, great position in the league so its just staying positive."

On whether Dennis Praet had handballed for the penalty: "Yes, that's the rule. He's gone to block it and it's a penalty and we accept that. But you hope you get them for you as well.

"We're disappointed we didn't get a penalty - it's so clear. I felt it was the reason VAR was brought in. It was going towards the goal, the corner, and Kevin de Bruyne stops it. He's lifted his arms up. If you look at the reaction of the other players in the wall, their hands were down. It's handball."

19:50
'It's tough to take'

Leicester's Dennis Praet, who conceded a penalty: "It's tough to take today. Of course you are playing against one of the best teams in Europe but we had our chances to score and if you get a goal against you at the end of the game, it's tough to take.
"I think the rhythm was high, we ran a lot because you know Manchester City is a team that passes the ball very well, but we had a very good organisation, our plan worked well and we had some very good chances, so it's too bad we don't get the points."
On the penalty decision: "I don't agree because I think it's natural if you protect your face, so from my point of view it was absolutely no penalty."
He is wrong, it was a penalty but I think we can consider ourselves lucky one wasn't awarded against Kev when he raised his arms in the wall.