Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC | Vital Football

Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC

D

Departed

Looks like Ben, Lo Celso and Lamela are ready for this one. With Jose you can't tell if Ben will start or not as he tries to implement his own tactics.

They could be. I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. I took that info from the injury report.

Also read that Gio offered to play in our last game and was advised not to. He surely has to be fit for this one.

Jose also previously mentioned Davies would be training with the first team for this fixture.

Let's hope Jose has access to all but the obvious 2 of his squad.

Davies alone will be a revelation, and I never thought I'd say that about him!
He was never the right type of player to fit into Poch's high press, pacey wing back style, but is a good defender, so let's see what Jose can get out of him!?

I’m probably going to miss the game so I hope the lads turn up for this one and show improved cohesion and win big.

According to this it’s only Kane and Sissoko that are definitely out

Player
Harry Kane
Reason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Jan 09: "The decision to undergo surgery is not expected to impact the timeframe, with the expectation that he will return to training in April."
Potential Return
25/04/2020
Condition
None
Status
Ruled OutTRACK

Player
Moussa Sissoko
Reason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Jan 17: "Travelled to France with medical team to undergo early stages of rehab."
Potential Return
25/04/2020
Condition
None
Status
Ruled OutTRACK

Player
Giovani Lo Celso
Reason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Thigh Injury
Potential Return
16/02/2020
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
50%TRACK

Player
Erik Lamela
Reason
Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury
Further Detail
Groin Injury
Potential Return
16/02/2020
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
50%TRACK

Player
Ben Davies
Reason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Feb 04: "He has been training with us since yesterday. After tomorrow the boys will have some time off, but not him. When we return for Villa he will be training fully for the week."
Potential Return
16/02/2020
Condition
None
Status
50%

Regardless of who is fit and (not) available, there is now no time for excuses. Time to move up a gear. Jose has had the TW to tweak. Whether it matched his wishes is of no consequence. I want to see Jose of old, screaming at under performers and being ruthless so that the season doesn't end with a whimper. Let's not be seeing this relegation fodder given a glimmer of hope because of our complacency and generosity.

I'd normally say we'll gift a customary goal, but feel it will be a clean sheet and a win.

Prepare to go to the Bridge breathing down their neck. COYS!

Obviously I want us to win to keep the little run going. But I would really like us to win, actually deserve to win and not left feeling how the feck did we manage that. We need to start controlling games, dictating play, being clinical and move onward and upward so we can all see good progress.....COYS

Obviously I want us to win to keep the little run going. But I would really like us to win, actually deserve to win and not left feeling how the feck did we manage that. We need to start controlling games, dictating play, being clinical and move onward and upward so we can all see good progress.....COYS

We need to be better at doing the basics, before we can start controlling games, being clinical etc. I do not see the improvement under Jose.

I doubt we'll see Davies, Lamela and Lo Celso. I hope we don't either with some big games coming up.

Lloris, Aurier, Toby, Sanchez, Tanganga, Winks, Dier, Dele, Bergwijn, Son, Lucas

Tight win but will be very tough

With the second worse away record in the league I’m a little less optimistic. I think we’ll have the chances to win comfortably but we’ll lack the clinical edge to put those away. 1-1 is a likely result imo.

With the second worse away record in the league I’m a little less optimistic. I think we’ll have the chances to win comfortably but we’ll lack the clinical edge to put those away. 1-1 is a likely result imo.

Since Jose took over it's probably in the top 6 of best away records so don't think that's valid.

I think you have a point. Still, though, that’s a pretty damning stat and I’ll need to see more progress to set that aside.

Currently we seem to have an overload of AM's but far too much is being expected of Winks in a deeper role. Sissoko is hugely missed, Dier clearly isn't living up to the expectations Mourinho had for him, and Ndombele, who knows. This is a fixture we should, and need to win, but it seems difficult for Mourinho, thru no fault of his own, to field a suitable balanced and settled formation currently.