Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC | Page 25 | Vital Football

Aston Villa FC vs Tottenham Hotspur FC

I got back in time for the game! Didn't post after as I was a tad worse for wear...

Pleased to see Jose finally use Son as a no.9.

Dier is getting back to his best.

Toby can't jump anymore (going to keep saying this until everyone agrees why we shouldn't have resigned him lol!)

Grealish ran the game in the first half and will prove me right - he'll get that England call up this year and will shine. I can only pray we get him when Villa go down, although the agents talk is Manure are now in the box seat to get him now.

Lloris has to be replaced in the summer.

Winks is on the improvement curve again, but I'm disturbed that N'Dombele is still considered not to be fit enough to start, as that is the partnership along side LoCo I want to see as our midfield.

Great to see Davies back, even if he limited himself to almost purely defensive duties - he'll be better for getting that game under his belt.

Son, is still woeful in his final ball decision making - but I'm grateful he had a hateful of chances as the law of averages said he had to get one or two of them!

Moura still doesn#t know to cover back, but gave them a hell of a problem going forward.

Aurier....eeeekkk!
Sanchez needs a proper partner.

Bergwin - Solid, not spectacular, but will improve.

Alli, put in a good shift and made some great runs, but when he takes the ball in tight area's, he's struggling.
I’m worried now...that’s exactly how I saw the game 🤗🤗

Toby had a bad game but he has been playing well. With Sanchez covering him we can and need to accommodate his pace deficit, because he passes the ball as well as any centre back and he has that sublime long ball in his locker.

I thought Moura was brilliant at his fast attacking runs down the middle . He must frighten the life out of the opposition . We need to nurture that . We have the speed now with Lo Celso , Bergwijn , Fernandez , Son , Sess , to follow him and if we can get them to actually work together , and even bring off some fast “wall” passes , it could terrify most defences . With Kane back as well next season we will have a formidable attacking force .

I have re watched and confirmed what I already saw. Toby was impeded by the weight of Engles pushing down on his left shoulder for their second goal. Davies and Hugo both share blame along with Toby for their first.
Alli had two difficult chances the flying header and the narrow angle outside of his right foot attempt, a couple of snap shots through a crowded box and one attempt at lifting the ball over a rapidly closing Riena. Sons missed chances were probably more scoreable. Reina despite letting in 3, had a good game, using all his experience.

I have re watched and confirmed what I already saw. Toby was impeded by the weight of Engles pushing down on his left shoulder for their second goal. Davies and Hugo both share blame along with Toby for their first.
Alli had two difficult chances the flying header and the narrow angle outside of his right foot attempt, a couple of snap shots through a crowded box and one attempt at lifting the ball over a rapidly closing Riena. Sons missed chances were probably more scoreable. Reina despite letting in 3, had a good game, using all his experience.

I was half expecting VAR to rule out that Engles goal.

I was half expecting VAR to rule out that Engles goal.

It begs the question how much leaning is allowed in the box ? If a player climbed over Hugo in that way the ref would have blown up surely ? There is I know a certain amount of physical jostling going on at set pieces but Toby was impeded in trying to defend the ball. It's not that he cant jump, he had 14 odd stone of CB bearing down on his shoulder. !!

11 minutes pitch level highlights on Spurs website. An insight into a the work of a keeper behind Reina's goal. Aggression, confidence, alert. I think he may have been off his line for Sons pen before the ball was struck but Son was lucky to get a second chance. Nice shots of the Spurs fans celebrating at the end. Villa ball boys or stewards looking gutted.