Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm

Why are there one or two premier league games on thIs weekend? Watford and west ham are both playing. ..

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get stick for picking Houihane, but who else is there? Nakamba needs dropping as he is the worst midfielder I've seen at Villa Park since Reo Coker.
Hourihane has made 9 tackles all season. Let that sink in. He's a flat track bully that goes missing the first sign of a tough game

More interesting out of 104 PL central mids min 4 appearances

Nakamba is 5th best for most tackles per 90 with 47 total

Hourihane is 99th for tackles per 90

Hourihane is pony

Last edited:
Hourihane has made 9 tackles all season. Let that sink in. He's a flat track bully that goes missing the first sign of a tough game

Hourihane is pony

So midfielders are judged purely on tackles now?

How many goals and assists has Nakamba got?

Hourihane is pony
Good free kicks though

Exactly why I compared him to NRC. He was the master of winning the ball and then giving it straight away again.... I say 'was' the master as we have a new champion!
Another one who plays for west ham now......sanchez! he is just as bad for them as he was for us. We must collect useless midfielders on purpose.

Hourihane is one of a long line of Villa players that the longer they are out the better they become in some people's eyes

I still haven’t recovered from the shock of the team selection against Man City with Hourihane starting then Dean frozen in indecision until we were 4-0 down.

and the two 'assists' were also against Norwich & Newcastle.
so nothing in terms of goals or assists against any other team we've played.

not missing much if he's not on are we.