Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Tottenham Match Thread - Sunday 16th Feb, 2pm

Another one who plays for west ham now......sanchez! he is just as bad for them as he was for us. We must collect useless midfielders on purpose.

I went round to my Dad's last week. He was watching MOTD on catch up and rewound it to the West Ham match to show me how useless Sanchez was. lol

Hourihane is one of a long line of Villa players that the longer they are out the better they become in some people's eyes

Well certainly not in my eyes. I love him when he's in the team not out of it.

Behind Jack he's our most threatening player in the attacking 3rd both in terms of goals and assists. Take him out and we're just a 1 man team. Jack has already said he prefers playing in a team with Hourihane in it.

and the two 'assists' were also against Norwich & Newcastle.
so nothing in terms of goals or assists against any other team we've played.

not missing much if he's not on are we.

So is hourihane the only one to go missing against the good teams? No. There's at least 10 other players that could be aimed at.

Someone above called him a Pony.... he's not a Pony, he's a scapegoat.

And nobody judges Christian Eriksen on tackles.

So I really don't get your point.
Talking about Christian,anyone seen Christian Bale in Le Man's 66? He plays Ken Miles,a Brummie racing driver. To cut a long story short,he goes from hero to zero,winning big races in the states and winning le Man's but losing on a technicality. Best part of the movie? We see his son, watching back in States with le Mans live on the box and the boy is wearing a proper villa shirt with a proper lion.l expect a bollicking from Lord Fear but it received a big cheer and lightened my day.

So is hourihane the only one to go missing against the good teams? No. There's at least 10 other players that could be aimed at.

Someone above called him a Pony.... he's not a Pony, he's a scapegoat.

He is, he's not good enough to start in this team though because other areas are so weak.

He might do better at Sheffield or Burnley because they're already solid but we're so porous adding him to the mix is a guaranteed defensive disaster.

It's like the difference between a sieve and a colander, they both let liquid pass through but one of them lets far more through than the other.

Hourihane is most effective and involved in the final third, he links up with Jack better than El Ghazi does. We tend to concede possession against better teams so he's less likely to feature with us sat back defending. Good option off the bench and against sides that give away fouls for free kicks in the danger areas. Samatta's runs open up space - had CH been on against B'mouth when Nakamba had two attempts to shoot we might well have took the points.

Hourihane is most effective and involved in the final third, he links up with Jack better than El Ghazi does. We tend to concede possession against better teams so he's less likely to feature with us sat back defending. Good option off the bench and against sides that give away fouls for free kicks in the danger areas. Samatta's runs open up space - had CH been on against B'mouth when Nakamba had two attempts to shoot we might well have took the points.

He's shite sorry mate but Targett links up far better with Jack than Hourihane and Targett is far better with the ball in open play and that to me says everything when our left-back has more skills on the ball than a midfielder
Hourhane is frightened of the ball, which is shocking for a midfielder. The only time he comes alive is when the ball is dead because that is the only time he can catch up with the fecking thing

Seems to have turned into a Hourihane thread.

Spoiler alert: We win this game. the B'mouth game was lost during our mid week victory against Leicester City. We have a decent squad but thin on quality. The squad simply can not turn in max effort games for 90+ minutes then do it all over again in 4 days. It was unfortunate that another max effort game followed immediately. B'mouth had 1 extra day's rest and Arsenal is nowhere near as physical as Leicester. So we will see a spirited, 100% committed squad fighting like a cornered Lion protecting cubs.

And another bonus, for the rest of the season we have no less then 5 days between games (good to opt out of the FA Cup haha). So we are in a relegation fight. What I love to see is these boys leave it out there for the badge and love him or not but they play for Deano. Counting the Cup final there are 13 games left. It is counter intuitive but it is a blessing not to have a boat load of relegation 6 pointers because they take it out of you. Let them beat each other up and trade off getting results. There is only one league game remaining that we have a snowballs chance in hell to get a result and that's at Liverpool (unless they lose one before hand then it is a snowballs chance in Dubai).

If you thought this season was going to go any different, you were delusional... But this team has more heart and grit then the team that was relegated and the first two years in the Championship combined. We got'em right where we want em....

He's shite sorry mate but Targett links up far better with Jack than Hourihane and Targett is far better with the ball in open play and that to me says everything when our left-back has more skills on the ball than a midfielder
Hourhane is frightened of the ball, which is shocking for a midfielder. The only time he comes alive is when the ball is dead because that is the only time he can catch up with the fecking thing

Totally agree Targett links up better but that forces Jack to play on the left and gives us f'all down the right with El Ghazi. A few times we have seen CH exchange passes with Jack to create shooting chances for either of them which is why I think he should feature more in games - maybe off the bench like Luiz has done. The bigger problem there though is that we're often losing by then.

Totally agree Targett links up better but that forces Jack to play on the left and gives us f'all down the right with El Ghazi. A few times we have seen CH exchange passes with Jack to create shooting chances for either of them which is why I think he should feature more in games - maybe off the bench like Luiz has done. The bigger problem there though is that we're often losing by then.
totally negated by Hourihanes weak game mate did you not see the pathetic marking on Maupay against Brighton and him being so slow he had to haul another player by his neck. His weaknesses far outweigh any strengths It's like wanting Chester in the side because he's more of a goal threat. His overall game is poor. ElGahzi is not my Favourite player but he's twice the player that hourihane is .

As a few on here have already mentioned I'd drop the 3 up top. Keep the 3 at the back and wing backs but have 2 out and out strikers with 3 in midfield.

We keep getting completely overrun in midfield whenever we've played 2 in there. If we had 2 Mcginns we'd be ok but we only have 1 and he's injured. Let Nakamba be a purely defensive player making tackles and interceptions without having to worry about doing anything offensive minded. Jack needs to be in the middle to drive us forward. Too often there's no link between the midfield and the attack so we end up dicking around playing passes between the centre halves till we launch it up or lose the ball under pressure.

The 2 up top might be a problem if Davis is out for another few months but why not let Baston and Samatta try to form a partnership? At least with 2 up there we wouldn't have one man trying to hold the ball on his own waiting for support surrounded by defenders.