Match Thread: Lincoln City v Portsmouth | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Portsmouth

This is dire from both teams. Not convinced by Melbourne - another stupid free kick given away not long before the goal. To be fair to Appleton, he's spoken about that so much leading up to the game.

And yet the free kick for the goal, in a far more dangerous position and completely unnecessary, was given away by Morrell

I don't get this criticism of Melbourne, he's done ok, certainly no worse than any of the others.

Anderson, for example has been like a man with both ankles tied together, Guantanamo style.

melbourne struggling to defend. nothing from anderson.
coventry has given the ball away a lot.
passing is average at best, especially the passing in a forward direction. so if you are trying to play from the back, five passes at most and then we give it away, having got nowhere near their goal. or we play a lobby channel ball which is so easy for raggett and burgess.

we also gave away loads of freekicks which has eventually cost us.

good news, vickers came and caught three crosses. well done josh.
both eardley and shackell were in a position to get in the way of the free kick. the sort of situation bostwick would have blocked.

i guess this is the inconsistency you get with a new team, and lots of young players. with that in mind, maybe they will be brilliant for the second 45. uti.

Looking on the bright side.....their goal should give us a kick up the arse meaning we will come out second half with more energy and purpose. If it was still 0-0 the chess match would continue

Well that's my theory anyway....

need to better mk dons score so we arent looking over the shoulder . edun and walker on 2nd half ???

I don't get this criticism of Melbourne, he's done ok, certainly no worse than any of the others.

Absolutely, best post of the evening. I thought Max has had a decent game, decent interchange of passing and defending as Brendan says “no worse than any of the others” perhaps an easy target as the new kid on the block !