The Aston Villa FA Cup Thread 2019/20 Season | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa FA Cup Thread 2019/20 Season

That statement is no more relevant now than it would have been in the summer. I don’t get the sense in breaking it out now after we’ve been dumped out by Fulham.

A team was sent out to win and it was good enough time win. We lost, thats football and we’re all disappointed to be out. It’s not the end of the world. Deans comments put a twist on it that rubs a lot of people wrong but ultimately he’s just protecting the team.

It would be nice for him to think we could actually win a match without him playing in it. Disappointing for us and disappointing for him as there aren’t that many opportunities in a career to win it. Just another reason for him to think about heading off into the sunset like so many before him.

With hindsight yes we should of signed Danny Ings etc. But imagine this site would of gone into terminal meltdown if we'd done that

Southampton already had an agreement in place with Liverpool from the moment they signed him on loan last sumner. We had no chance even if we'd wanted him.

I must have missed or forgot about that, what did Xia do you the youth set up? Is it back on track now? We normally have one or two names who might be close to the first team, I’ve never known a time when there is pretty much nothing going apart from Davies, who’s forever injured.

Yeah, he wasn't interested in investing in it, so it was about to lose its top academy status, it appears from what I was told, he wasn't bothered if it closed.

The first day that Wes and Nasseff went to Bodymoor Heath (the day they wanted to, so did, meet a few of us fans..... can you imagine how exciting it was for them?!?!) they found out and got their chequebook out there and then to halt that slide. If not we'd have had a downgraded academy and I assume it would have taken more time and investment to get it back to the full status and in the meantime, we'd not have been able to attract any top, young talent.

Yet another season of getting knocked out of a cup competition while playing like we could not care less and fans end up wasting their hard-earned money. What a fantastic way to hope for support from the fans when we contine our terrible performance in the prem, right?

I was hoping like I always do that we do well in these cups but as is almost always the case we put in a sub-par performance and fans are okay with a loss because we always have bigger fish to fry, isn't it.

I agree with those that are upset with losing when the team gives it their all but this utter lack of desire, effort and ability is deplorable.

Lastly, as someone posted how on earth fucking Fulham can find a proper winger like Knockaert and we find rubbish like El ghastly and Trez?

Yet another season of getting knocked out of a cup competition while playing like we could not care less and fans end up wasting their hard-earned money. What a fantastic way to hope for support from the fans when we contine our terrible performance in the prem, right?

I was hoping like I always do that we do well in these cups but as is almost always the case we put in a sub-par performance and fans are okay with a loss because we always have bigger fish to fry, isn't it.

I agree with those that are upset with losing when the team gives it their all but this utter lack of desire, effort and ability is deplorable.

Lastly, as someone posted how on earth fucking Fulham can find a proper winger like Knockaert and we find rubbish like El ghastly and Trez?

Give over, nobody would have wanted knockaert here. He didn’t do any more than El Ghazi has last season with Brighton. Leicester got rid as soon as they got promoted as well

Kind of glad we are out of the FA CUP this season, injuries considered.

Disappointingly I would agree. We’ve played so many games recently and have another packed month in January. Last game out we picked up 2 season ending injuries to key players so couldn’t risk that happening again in an early cup round.

Also we’re in the league cup semi final next week!!! 1 round away from a final or 5 rounds away from a final, I know which one is rather prioritise

Yeah, he wasn't interested in investing in it, so it was about to lose its top academy status, it appears from what I was told, he wasn't bothered if it closed.

The first day that Wes and Nasseff went to Bodymoor Heath (the day they wanted to, so did, meet a few of us fans..... can you imagine how exciting it was for them?!?!) they found out and got their chequebook out there and then to halt that slide. If not we'd have had a downgraded academy and I assume it would have taken more time and investment to get it back to the full status and in the meantime, we'd not have been able to attract any top, young talent.

I assume they only got said chequebook out to impress your good self.

Whatever money we spent was on players with no or little PL experience. We have been down this route before and it failed then. I see little difference so far so apart from the gross amount being larger this time . Apart from Gueye and ayew...sort of..how many of those previous players have really 'made it'.
Veretout, Traore and Amavi. Any accountants who could estimate current value of that trio?

Knockaert is 28, loaned back to the championship by Brighton, having helped them get up.

Clearly he was up against a poor team yesterday and scored a good goal. He is however a championship player and not the answer to our prayers.

True and this makes our performance worse doesn’t it? 5 live were singing Knockaert’s praises because to be fair, based on his mentions in commentary, it sounded as if he ran the game. How can he run the game when we have Lansbury, Hourihane, Jota, El Ghazi and Nakamba on the pitch? It says more about them doesn’t it...

Yes islet( can't bring myself to call you divine). You sum up the feelings of we fans who will eventually suss that we are been taken for a ride time after time. When we play these run of the mill cup games,AVFC should have the good grace to change admission fees that reflect their obvious disdain for such unimportant matches. The recent Liverpool fiasco a recent glaring example. Get the paramount necessity of staying in the premier league but reserve games merit reserve prices.

Give over, nobody would have wanted knockaert here. He didn’t do any more than El Ghazi has last season with Brighton. Leicester got rid as soon as they got promoted as well

Whether he may or may not have been wanted, you don't know that. Based on what I saw him do I would not mind him or anyone who can run at defenders like he did and can actually go past them here.

Knockaert is 28, loaned back to the championship by Brighton, having helped them get up.

Clearly he was up against a poor team yesterday and scored a good goal. He is however a championship player and not the answer to our prayers.

How are the championship and maybe even League 1 players playing for Sheff Utd doing?

Disappointingly I would agree. We’ve played so many games recently and have another packed month in January. Last game out we picked up 2 season ending injuries to key players so couldn’t risk that happening again in an early cup round.

Also we’re in the league cup semi final next week!!! 1 round away from a final or 5 rounds away from a final, I know which one is rather prioritise

What are the chances of us going into the final based on our performances this season and especially after the ones against them and Fulham?

Yes islet( can't bring myself to call you divine). You sum up the feelings of we fans who will eventually suss that we are been taken for a ride time after time. When we play these run of the mill cup games,AVFC should have the good grace to change admission fees that reflect their obvious disdain for such unimportant matches. The recent Liverpool fiasco a recent glaring example. Get the paramount necessity of staying in the premier league but reserve games merit reserve prices.

Absolutely agree with you. Even though it is obvious the manager and players do not give a shit about these cup games we still have our fantastic away support going in large numbers only to see them not getting their money's worth !😔😔

Whether he may or may not have been wanted, you don't know that. Based on what I saw him do I would not mind him or anyone who can run at defenders like he did and can actually go past them here.

Bollox, almost everyone would have questioned what we were doing if we signed him. He’s a good championship player who doesn’t seem good enough to make the next step. I’m sure he wouldn’t have as much joy running at Robertson or Chilwell as he did against Taylor yesterday.
I worry El Ghazi is the same but due to his age and low fee was probably worth a punt. Priority is the PL so I don’t get all this whining about yesterday’s 2nd string not performing

Bollox, almost everyone would have questioned what we were doing if we signed him. He’s a good championship player who doesn’t seem good enough to make the next step. I’m sure he wouldn’t have as much joy running at Robertson or Chilwell as he did against Taylor yesterday.
I worry El Ghazi is the same but due to his age and low fee was probably worth a punt. Priority is the PL so I don’t get all this whining about yesterday’s 2nd string not performing
Because if the so called second string aren’t performing it doesn’t give us confidence that the first will either. We’re looking for strong ethos throughout the teams, some of these were first team regulars. It also makes you question the manager’s ability to pick a team, a system or motivate the team. Secondly, the away fans have made the effort so the least they can expect is that their team will make an effort as well. Armchair supporters are, on balance, less likely to be bothered.