The Aston Villa FA Cup Thread 2019/20 Season | Page 25 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa FA Cup Thread 2019/20 Season

Oh and El Ghazi hang your head in shame.

Missed an absolute sitter right on half time and if he had scored then it is a different game.

Shocking miss.
He really is underwhelming isn't he. His potential is off the charts.

I have no knowledge of the youth now, but with the way Xia was happy to shut it down, it is fair to say it could be a number of years before anyone comes through. But again, as said, I have no clue if there is anyone there who could be.
I must have missed or forgot about that, what did Xia do you the youth set up? Is it back on track now? We normally have one or two names who might be close to the first team, I’ve never known a time when there is pretty much nothing going apart from Davies, who’s forever injured.

I wonder what Jack thinks about us meekly surrendering an FA Cup run. I’m sure he understands but if he has ambition in these competitions, at the moment he’s with the wrong club.
I think he’ll leave in the summer regardless of what division we are in. If we do stay up, even with our owners cash, it will take way to long to get to the level he deserves to be at, if we ever can.

I must have missed or forgot about that, what did Xia do you the youth set up? Is it back on track now? We normally have one or two names who might be close to the first team, I’ve never known a time when there is pretty much nothing going apart from Davies, who’s forever injured.

I know nothing about what Xia might have been doing but i do know that a lot of the lads who had been in the under 23s in the last few years have either left or gone out on loan. RHM, JDH and O'Hare are on loan so presumably we've decided they are the more promising and we're giving them a chance to try and impress. Others like Blackett-Taylor and few others were let go.

Now the under 23s seems to be mainly made of 17/18 year olds who have made a jump up an age level or 2. I'm just hoping we don't make the mistake we made with the last generation and get them loans earlier. Get them playing proper football. O'Hare is older than Douglas Luiz yet had never played even semi regular first team football till last January whereas Luiz had played nearly 50 games in the Brazilian league and 38 in la liga.

I know the priorities but it always pisses me off when we're out of the F.A Cup before the end of the first week in January.
Modern football has no respect for its history and that pisses me off as well. Money is the be all and end all. To borrow a phrase , "The people in charge of football know the cost of everything and the value of nothing."

Agree that Luiz is without doubt the more complete player (some poor decision making going on still though IMO) and whilst he's being played as a DM now, he's got enough in the locker to be a forward-looking CM IMO.

Nakamba obviously a different kind of player, a Kante in the making IF he progresses but I'm pretty happy with his first six months so far considering the circus going on around him.
I was a watching him on the motd lowlights tonight. ..the only thing he and Kante have in common is they both have a K in their name. He looked bloody useless. As did the rest of that midfield.

Plus that is our first team striker and Goalkeeper now God help us at Leicester in the other cup , Villa park will be empty for the second leg if they play like today
On MOTD did you see the way our midfield were virtually at walking pace in 'trying' to get back towards goal having lost the ball in the first place? 4-0 Leicester.
BTW no fan of kojjia but El ghazi almost stole that goal from him on the line.

On MOTD did you see the way our midfield were virtually at walking pace in 'trying' to get back towards goal having lost the ball in the first place? 4-0 Leicester.
BTW no fan of kojjia but El ghazi almost stole that goal from him on the line.

I turned over just in the build up to the Arter goal to be confronted by the shambolic player that is Angela Lansbury jogging around while Fulham attack.

The problem is I doubt we could have spent a vast amount more than we did and we needed 10 players. More than that really.
Whatever money we spent was on players with no or little PL experience. We have been down this route before and it failed then. I see little difference so far so apart from the gross amount being larger this time . Apart from Gueye and ayew...sort of..how many of those previous players have really 'made it'.

I would love to know who he thought did ok.
The two young lads....who had 5 minutes each and didn't touch the ball. At least Nyland made a save at the end while the other ten were walking back from the halfway line though.

Not long back.

Poor performance not much to add that has been said already really.

What I will say is that I am convinced we will play 3-4-3 or 5-3-2 or whatever Wednesday and that is why he played 4-3-3 today because noway was he going to risk Mings , Konsa and Hause.

Some real no shows today especially from Anwar , Lansbury , Hourihane , Jota and Engels looks like a pub player at the moment. No idea what has happened to him.

At the end of the day we were beaten by two top goals from them and I am still to see us win there. It's a real bogey ground.
Every ground in London seems to be. Apart from the emirates under MON.

I wonder what Jack thinks about us meekly surrendering an FA Cup run. I’m sure he understands but if he has ambition in these competitions, at the moment he’s with the wrong club.

That statement is no more relevant now than it would have been in the summer. I don’t get the sense in breaking it out now after we’ve been dumped out by Fulham.

A team was sent out to win and it was good enough time win. We lost, thats football and we’re all disappointed to be out. It’s not the end of the world. Deans comments put a twist on it that rubs a lot of people wrong but ultimately he’s just protecting the team.

Whatever money we spent was on players with no or little PL experience. We have been down this route before and it failed then. I see little difference so far so apart from the gross amount being larger this time . Apart from Gueye and ayew...sort of..how many of those previous players have really 'made it'.

Well Enda Stevens isn't doing badly is he, then there's Westwood doing reasonably well at Burnley and Lowton was doing well but seems to have gone off the boil lately. Delph has become an international. Vertoute is doing well.

Kind of glad we are out of the FA CUP this season, injuries considered.

Veretout, Adama and Gana are all playing at a higher level now. Ayew is about where he should be, a mid table Premier league side. All of them would have been fine if they hasn't been surrounded by shite. It was our supposed experienced Premier league players who let us down that year. Lescott, Richards, Clark, Westwood, Gabby, Guzan, Bacuna.

What we've got now is a different situation. A unique one where we've been promoted but the day after the play off final we were left with a decimated squad. We had to buy as many players as we did but due to ffp se probably couldn't have spent more than we did and being a premier league player adds about 15m onto your price. If we'd signed only Premier league players we'd have only got in about 5 and the squad would look even thinner. Plus knowing our luck they'd have all got injured probably.

I totally agree with this. And it’s so disappointing. All these new names arrive and we live in hope and give them 15 games or so until the harsh reality settles in that they’re no better than average. I don’t doubt some of them them have potential but potential is what takes you down to the Championship. We should have added proven quality around Jack, SJM and TM instead for the second time going for unknowns.