Wolves v Aston Villa - Sun 10th Nov, 2pm - Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wolves v Aston Villa - Sun 10th Nov, 2pm - Match Thread

Wolves are a very difficult side to beat unlike us who have lost 6 out of 11, I think a reality check is needed here.

This is the problem with playing well and losing it becomes a habit, we need to start playing well and winning but this is a tough game.

Despite all the hype with Wolves they defend first and attack second, very defensive side with 5 at the back and a line of 4 in front just as they were in the cup but with better players in all 11 positions come Sunday.

We should not underestimate them and I'm sure they won't underestimate Jack and the boys either.

Well I was counting our cup match as well, even if it was their youth team. Still surprised they are that high on the form table after 3 draws on the bounce

Yeah me too, just shows that this division is actually more mixed up than you would think, taking the top four out of the equation.

Yeah me too, just shows that this division is actually more mixed up than you would think, taking the top four out of the equation.

There's not a great deal between half the teams in the league. On Saturday when 1-0 up we were 9th in the table just a couple of points off the European places, 5 terrible minutes later and we've fallen to 16th, 3 points above the relegation spots

This should be a tough game, but may not be a bad time to play the Dingles. They've not won in 5 games since their shock won at the Etihad and hopefully they'll be knackered from their Thursday night Europa Cup match. We need to get our wide men working harder tracking back though, otherwise I can see Traore ripping Targett apart.
Any traore attack will inevitably lead to a Heaton goal kick.

I think we will beat them. Its a derby game for us, it's just another weekend for the Portuguese.

Any traore attack will inevitably lead to a Heaton goal kick.
He’s actually improved massively since leaving us. Whether it’s down to the coaching at wolves or if he’s just naturally matured he’s definitely a player who can cause real problems now

Be a fascinating match, these are the sorts of teams we can gauge ourselves and see where we are at, in my humble.

Clearly a Villa win :utv:

He’s actually improved massively since leaving us. Whether it’s down to the coaching at wolves or if he’s just naturally matured he’s definitely a player who can cause real problems now
I can assure you he hasn't. He hasn't scored 10 goals for wolves yet.

What about playing without a striker?

Let Jack, John, Anwar and Trez raid from midfield and confuse the hell out of their defence.

It would allow us to play Doug and Marv together too.

Have to say I'm quite nervous about Sunday, a game we can ill afford to lose. We have developed a bad habit of chucking points away , naivety ? Yes. Lack of concentration, yes . Poor refereeing, definitely.
Makes for uncomfortable viewing again no doubt