The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

It's the tv armchair football pundits friend. To fans who go to games it is the enemy.

Exactly. Listening to 606 earlier the pundits just couldn't seem to get that it's the fans at the games that this is affecting.
Just shows where we are in the pecking order.

Mate of mine, same sort of time served fan wise, messaged me during the game saying "seriously, what is the point of attending live games now.?"

Trust the pl to feck this (amongst other things) up. Fan hating money loving twerps.

Those points were so necessary today.

Have to say BHA impressed me, at times they looked a cut above. Not all the time. But certainly easy on the eye and a nice passing game. Well supported as well.

Yes their passing and movement was very good. Hard to know if we made them look good or they were just better. Bit like us against Norwich last time . Probably the truth lies somewhere in between.

VAR is a pain in the arse. I said to a few people today you get to the stage where you dont know if to celebrate a goal of not? Thats never right? I also thought it was only to be used for clear and obvious errors?I cant see how that is the case for CH,s goal? If its going to be used for every goal fine just explain the rules and stick to them FFS.

What is worth pointing out is we are now well on course for 40 points and safety.

11 points and should easily have had more.

So my first live game of the season. Wesley was shocking with a fair few others. Brighton fully deserved a draw but villa deserved the win after another VAR joke. Midfield needs sorting and Davis needs to start. Great game tho with a sell out and fantastic crowd.

Massive club, massive potential, but also all depends on staying up and building. Yes, we could be huge, the areas around from Birmingham up to towards Manchester. Down towards London, sideways etc is huge for a big club.

But I would point out that all rests on PL because there were plenty of fickle, more plastic types, who stayed away when the club needed the support in the Championship. We were well supported by the ever faithful, the rest need a bigger reason and just aiming to be top ten won't keep them, winning things though and goodness me, we could easily be as big as any club in the league, bigger than most.

I said at the Randy time that we could and should be one of, if not the, biggest club in the country given the catchment area, history and lack of local competition for support.

Quite why the guys who bought citeh chose them I don't know, other than Brummy peep's legendary tightness - in the eyes of others that is - and the likely buying price difference of course but if everything went right at VP for enough years we could/should be able to fill 75,000 no probs.

We seem to have got out of our going in front then not being able to secure a win run at least so fingers crossed we give a decent account of ourselves against citeh and the dippers and continue to pick up wins up to Xmas.

The VAR should not be able to overrule the ref on the pitch whether it’s right or wrong. If the ref calls for a review or goes to his screen then fair enough but if he doesn’t then let the game continue. That today was yet another farce.

Watched MOTD. Said some nice things about us. I think the way we play is winning people over. It wasn't our best game, but the threat was always there; we had 8 shots on goal. We won because we never gave up. They do say good teams are the ones which can win on a bad day; that was us today.

Thought VAR was right. Wesley caught the keeper with his arm. Not intentional, but it was enough to put the keeper off.

And the red was definitely a red. The first yellow the stupid git totally deserved for messing around. The second was a tackle on Jack was a yellow dead cert, and glad for once it was given. The ref could have bottled it but didn't.

Looking forwards to Man C. We've nothing to lose. Reckon the team will be up for it.