The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Things which don't surprise me: Alan Brazil is still being a complete twat.

Things which surprise me: people still listen to Talksport.
Have you tried listening to those pair of clowns on WM breakfast, The split arse and the dog head. At least talk sport occasionally talks about sport

Manure are no longer a big club on the pitch and as soon as the glory hunters realise that, they will no longer be big off it.

The magic of appearing at the theatre of clowns has worn off and nobody fears playing them there.

I have no problem with anyone paying silly money to get our players if they wanted to move.

But these days all clubs have an abundance of silly money so selling our best players for a “big” fee (eg 50-60m) provides the club with little benefit compared to keeping hold of a key player
Ajax are managing OK selling o.n talent, we have lost a fortune in the transfer market over quite a few years. As I said, silly money and if the player wanted to move I have no problem with.

I listen to Talksport a lot. I don't really have anything against Alan Brazil. Wouldn't say I was a 'fan' and wouldn't shed a tear if he were replaced but I don't mind him and am happy to listen on my drive to work.

Deano, Please just give us "Villa Lottery"some good news soon mate! Apart from that Brazil should visit a rehab place before he dies...............And he will sooner than later.

Alcoholics get good ratings because they will say reckless things on air to stir up controversy.

It was a popular trick to show up at Clough's house with a bottle of whiskey on a slow news day.

There is a particular motoring journalist/personality who fits this bill too.

Ajax are managing OK selling o.n talent, we have lost a fortune in the transfer market over quite a few years. As I said, silly money and if the player wanted to move I have no problem with.
But Ajax aren’t in the premier league. There is hardly enough money in the Dutch league - the record transfer is apparently £14m and if you exclude Ajax only 1 other team has ever paid a transfer fee of over £10m so if they’re receiving £50m for their players then that’s a huge deal for them, whereas for us if £50m wouldn’t even cover half our transfer budget so what’s the incentive for us in cashing in? Also much easier to replace players in a much lower quality league.

The only incentive is if the player becomes disruptive if not allowed to leave, or if the transfer fee is absolutely insane. I think the Maguire who is only an above average centre back transfer to Man U for £80m illustrates this point - the only way to convince a PL team to sell is to offer a crazy fee

We don't need to sell , and we will only if either the player really wants to leave or we decide to sell him , and if we do then we aren't losing money like the bucketloads we have in the past.

The days of Man Untied even thinking they could buy our best players have long gone. We actually have a pair of owners who financially don't need the money, unlike Ellis who would have taken the money and run away.

Let's not get carried away - Sure Mings, Grealish & McGinn are fabulous players but they play for the Claret & Blue and by all accounts, they are happy to continue playing for the very club that put them in the spotlight.

We are Aston Villa............Not some cheap selling club.

Alan Brazil? Nothing more than a drunk and it's something he will take to his grave