Its just like watching Wigan | Page 2 | Vital Football

Its just like watching Wigan

Do you think it should just be swept under the carpet Norm ?

No it shouldn't, I think we all got the gist of what was going on in the first half, absolutely no way it should have been highlighted every two minutes for the next hour, they are still going at it right now, bugger all about the match.

All entitled to opinions but the game became insignificant once the vile racist chanting started.
Well done ITV and England for NOT turning a blind eye to it.

Too right we shouldnt turn a blind eye, but i switched on to watch a football match tonight, but all i got was protocol this and that, tonight the racists have won unfortunately!

The players didn't think the game was insignificant, fair play to them they wanted to get back out second half and finish the job, thats how you stick two fingers up to the racists, well done lads. :clap:

Last edited:
The midfield looked so much better tonight with Barkley and Winks because they can both move with the ball and keep possession. I still struggle to see how Jordan Henderson gets picked every game and is captain at Liverpool! He gives the ball away so much and offers nothing going forward. I really enjoy watching Sterling play, he looks like making something happen every time he gets the ball.

You couldn't make it up....England win 6-0 and all the commentator and studio guests have banged on about is the racist chants and the UEFA protocol.
Thats just the publicity the racists crave, ITV need to get a grip ffs!
The thing is at 6-0 up Henderson is still passing sideways and backwards !

Just as i thought, no reply, not got a bloody clue have you?

Who I would choose is irrelevant as I am not the Manager. It was however interesting to see that 2 out of the 3 players I singled out where dropped by the actual Manager, but he hasn't a bloody clue either I suppose.

As for coverage of the racism by ITV I do agree that it was over the top. I was unsure at first if the noise was booing or monkey chants and particularly directed at Sterling as Rashford did not seem to get the same reaction, especially after he scored. If anything the reaction to the suspension of the game seemed to increase the animosity rather than defuse the situation.

Don't get me wrong I think racism is abhorent, but I am not sure that "protocols" are the way to deal with it. All it seems to do is make the game about what is going on off the pitch and highlight a minority within the crowd.

Keane, Sancho, Rice, Henderson and Rose should be nowhere near an England starting eleven.

Four out of the five I mentioned were dropped, and the fifth one did nothing to justifty his inclusion.
Winks was my MotM tonight followed by Rashford.
Pleasantly suprised by the performance of Mings, never really rated him before.
The opposition were 2nd rate, so I suppose we can't look into it to deeply.
10-0 would have been a fairer reflection.

Thot I'd read somewhere that if there was any hint of racism during England's game Kane was going to lead the players off the pitch!!!!

Thot I'd read somewhere that if there was any hint of racism during England's game Kane was going to lead the players off the pitch!!!!
The interview with Kane was interesting - he said the players heard the racist chants now I am no linguist but who in the England squad speaks Bulgarian ? Kane struggles with English so sure it wasn't him ....!
The crew in black who departed around half time were clearly the main perps and clearly it's wrong and offensive but given the hype around this and the protocol process announced by UEFA i wonder if in fact it made things worse.

The interview with Kane was interesting - he said the players heard the racist chants now I am no linguist but who in the England squad speaks Bulgarian ? Kane struggles with English so sure it wasn't him ....!
The crew in black who departed around half time were clearly the main perps and clearly it's wrong and offensive but given the hype around this and the protocol process announced by UEFA i wonder if in fact it made things worse.
I don't think you need to speak Bulgarian to understand Monkey noises and Nazi salutes! If you think they over reacted maybe you need to check your moral compass!
How the hell can they "Hype" racism??

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you need to speak Bulgarian to understand Monkey noises and Nazi salutes! If you think they over reacted maybe you need to check your moral compass!

Harry Kane , the ITV production team , commentators and pundits etc were all at the actual game but not for the first time posters on Latics Speyk NOT at a match all know best and are saying it was an over reaction.

Don't think I said anywhere anyone over reacted or that racism was being hyped, maybe you should more closely read the context ahead of the dramatic kneejerk reaction and again if you care to reread my initial post you will see my moral compass is just fine but thanks for your concern.
Point i was making was given the crew in black departed the ground they may have attended solely with the intention of challenging how strictly enforced the hyped UEFA protocol would be.

Don't think I said anywhere anyone over reacted or that racism was being hyped, maybe you should more closely read the context ahead of the dramatic kneejerk reaction and again if you care to reread my initial post you will see my moral compass is just fine but thanks for your concern.
Point i was making was given the crew in black departed the ground they may have attended solely with the intention of challenging how strictly enforced the hyped UEFA protocol would be.
I have re read it.and get the compass fixed

Harry Kane , the ITV production team , commentators and pundits etc were all at the actual game but not for the first time posters on Latics Speyk NOT at a match all know best and are saying it was an over reaction.

Hang on Sid, no one on here has said anything about "over reaction" what i am saying is... that it was publicised far too much, the commentator rattled on about it every 2 minutes then it carried on in the studio then during the post match interviews, that is exactly what the racists wanted and got it.

As I asked earlier, I thot Kane said he would lead the players off if any racist chants. How come he didn't or was he persuaded to play on by officials??
Surely the FA/ Bulgarian FA will do something about this??

When we have a loon running on the pitch at televised games the cameras don't show the attention seeking idiot, they mention that someone has encroached the pitch and leave it at that.

All he gets for his trouble is kicked out of the stadium.

As I asked earlier, I thot Kane said he would lead the players off if any racist chants. How come he didn't or was he persuaded to play on by officials??

Just heard on the radio someone from the Bulgarian FA has quit his post.

No way would Kane drag the players off the pitch at 3 or 4-0 up, we had the points in the bag at that point, abandoning the game at that point would have meant we would have to play the game again.

There was talk about leaving the pitch in the build up last week, however there were discussions with EUFA officials that advised against this. EUFA have a three step protocol for dealing with this, which was what happened last night. The players themselves made the decision to play on at half time and completed the game. The England team and management made the correct decisions and applied the rules that EUFA have so as not to allow anyone to criticise their actions and to avoid any complications with EUFA, such as having points deducted or made to replay the fixture. That in a nutshell is why Kane didn't lead a walk off. Hope that helps Jock.

The Bulgarian FA and their manager need to be punished for this. The FA for their part in allowing racism to continue, despite previous warnings and whilst serving a punishment for the racist chanting at their last home fixture.

The manager needs to be punished for his denials. He said he was not aware of any problems and says he did not hear any chanting, despite having it pointed out to him by England players during the stoppage. He's a joke.

There was talk about leaving the pitch in the build up last week, however there were discussions with EUFA officials that advised against this. EUFA have a three step protocol for dealing with this, which was what happened last night. The players themselves made the decision to play on at half time and completed the game. The England team and management made the correct decisions and applied the rules that EUFA have so as not to allow anyone to criticise their actions and to avoid any complications with EUFA, such as having points deducted or made to replay the fixture. That in a nutshell is why Kane didn't lead a walk off. Hope that helps Jock.

Garbage....In a nutshell Kane bottled it, and its UEFA bro, hope that helps anorl!

Away on hols n only seen snippets of info on game & the racist chants. Think had they walked off ( as I'm sure I read they'd do that) then UEFA wud have had to do something instead of their usual soundbites imo.

Away on hols n only seen snippets of info on game & the racist chants. Think had they walked off ( as I'm sure I read they'd do that) then UEFA wud have had to do something instead of their usual soundbites imo.

The problem was Jock that had they done that they themselves would have been sanctioned for not following UEFA's protocols. As I said to Norm, they followed the rules. I think enough attention for things to be done was created.