January 2020 Transfers | Page 2 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfers

Rhodes cant even get a start tonight in carabao cup, says it all
I don't think he is what we need. The thing is why aren't Wednesday playing him? Does he have a clause in his contract that if he plays a certain amount of games he gets an extra year of increase? For me he is past his best so maybe that's the answer to my question

I don't think he is what we need. The thing is why aren't Wednesday playing him? Does he have a clause in his contract that if he plays a certain amount of games he gets an extra year of increase? For me he is past his best so maybe that's the answer to my question
I agree, think hes only 28yo though but been around for ever?! But id rather us sign someone bit more dynamic, maybe even a proper target man as we have no real plan B up top currently that i can see

Sign some more youngsters in the January 2020 window and have another go at signing Turnbull (central attacking midfielder) next summer.

We need a new forward to help Pukki. I look at the bench and the options for attacking threat and it isn't great. The same can be said for central midfielders. In the summer I was very confident in our central midfield but seeing Leitner dissapear from games and seemingly unable to play with a non defensive minded player isn't great...McLean is like Leitner in that sense too...Trybull I am not yet sure if this league might be a step too far plus he has injury issues....Tettey is past it...Vrancic injuries seem to be an issue and I've not seen him in this league yet....Amadou hasn't played in his natural position yet...Thompson could come back and offer something else

I think Thompson went to Shrewsbury on a season long loan so may not be able to come back to us in January 2020.

Anyway we are on a long march and we just need to keep filling up the "pipeline" of young talent and getting a good number of them out on loan. Then it needs patience.

I think Thompson went to Shrewsbury on a season long loan so may not be able to come back to us in January 2020.

Anyway we are on a long march and we just need to keep filling up the "pipeline" of young talent and getting a good number of them out on loan. Then it needs patience.
I thought this but I was informed on here that he was on a 6 month loan

I just read a piece about SV Zulte Waregem defender Marco Burki who had impressed our scouts and we wanted him but couldn't afford the asking price of 720k.....yes apparently we couldn't afford 720 thousand...this is 2019/20 season and as a premiership club we couldn't afford that. Burki is still impressing this season and I wonder if we will go back in January.

Also I read Dfs comments on Roberts about how when we signed him he had been suffering with a few injuries and DF and coaches put a heavy load on him in training which didn't help as it made him tired so DF refused to play him and only recently Roberts has improved and isn't tired so is getting game time. My question is why put a heavy load on a player you know is just getting over injuries?.....Does that explain our current issue....DF and coaches put too much of a heavy training schedule on players who have I'm going issues or are recovering?

I just read a piece about SV Zulte Waregem defender Marco Burki who had impressed our scouts and we wanted him but couldn't afford the asking price of 720k.....yes apparently we couldn't afford 720 thousand...this is 2019/20 season and as a premiership club we couldn't afford that. Burki is still impressing this season and I wonder if we will go back in January.
Marco Burki - left sided CB ....makes sense (he can also play left back and right centre back)
DOB 10/7/93 --> 26 and a bit
1m 85 --> 6' ??

720K euros presumably as SV Zulte Waregem play in the Jupiler Pro League (Belgiums top tier)

A number of left sided CB's were being linked with us during the summer.

They coped with the heavy pre season last year ok
True but after a hard championship season where thet exerted themselves and played put of their skin maybe a reduced schedule was needed during the first few weeks of preseason....or maybe the players didn't look after themselves during their holidays?

I see we are being linked again with Kwasi Okyere Wriedt, the striker at Bayern Munich who is out of contract next summer (if reports are true).

DOB 10/7/94 ---> 25 years old
1m 88 tall
Ghana - 2 caps
mainly left footed

I see we are being linked with another left winger:
Georgios Masouras
DOB 1/1/94 --> 25 years old
1m 84 tall
8 Greek caps 1goal
mainly right foot
Plays for Olympiakos
Out of contract 2022.

I see we are being linked with another left winger:
Georgios Masouras
DOB 1/1/94 --> 25 years old
1m 84 tall
8 Greek caps 1goal
mainly right foot
Plays for Olympiakos
Out of contract 2022.
I'm all for getting another winger in as we need them but hopefully a central defender is on the top of the list. Also, with brexit going to affect the work permit situ maybe we need to look at home grown players

I see we are being linked with 15 year old Charlie Allen (attacking midfield player) who has made his debut for Linfield. Other Premier League Clubs are interested.