The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa vs Brighton And Hove Albion Thread

No problem.

As the others have said no details yet.
Thank you sirdennis. I am coming up for the Liverpool game on the Saturday or whenever Sky say it will be, and thought an extended visit to include the Wolves game would be good.

I hate the International breaks.... why do they always come after a Villa win...
Wankers

Dean wanted Maupay but not at that price, he said he didn't think he was worth that much yet.
I like the fact he is thinking of the finances, unlike certain managers who collect players for the sake of it.

Another reason to feel confident we're in good hands - its a massive compliment that the owners, Purslow and Suso think so highly of Deano he has a spot at the table discussing transfers and not just a spot a large say in things or so it seems.

The management team are no mugs - CEO's who run franchises, Liverpools/Chelseas ex exec and a former director of Athletico M.

I am very excited about our team, Suso was part of Athleticos transformation years and sporting director when Valencia were a force.

Another reason to feel confident we're in good hands - its a massive compliment that the owners, Purslow and Suso think so highly of Deano he has a spot at the table discussing transfers and not just a spot a large say in things or so it seems.

The management team are no mugs - CEO's who run franchises, Liverpools/Chelseas ex exec and a former director of Athletico M.

I am very excited about our team, Suso was part of Athleticos transformation years aYnd sporting director when Valencia were a force.
Yes Cox Eire,LM excited too but less about the current squad but more about Aston Villa as a club. We Villans have always understood the potential of our club. Even if we are relegated,the future is bright as we are,at last,run by people who are well grounded and are clearly on board with Villa fans and see the prospect of a future where we join the big boys on a permanent basis.Sell outs against Burnley and Brighton suggests that the doubtiy Thomases who doubt the size of our fan base are wrong. The North Stand redevelopment wlii take us above 50000 and hopefully we can sort the Doug Ellis (l know)and get to the 60000 level. On holiday just now and was able to help a true Villan for the Brighton game. Sad that many genuine fans are missing out but, hopefully, staying up this season will mean the North Stand is history. Thinking of all you old codgers here on the Algarve,must get some more sun cream and time for my first pint. Cheers.

Yes Cox Eire,LM excited too but less about the current squad but more about Aston Villa as a club. We Villans have always understood the potential of our club. Even if we are relegated,the future is bright as we are,at last,run by people who are well grounded and are clearly on board with Villa fans and see the prospect of a future where we join the big boys on a permanent basis.Sell outs against Burnley and Brighton suggests that the doubtiy Thomases who doubt the size of our fan base are wrong. The North Stand redevelopment wlii take us above 50000 and hopefully we can sort the Doug Ellis (l know)and get to the 60000 level. On holiday just now and was able to help a true Villan for the Brighton game. Sad that many genuine fans are missing out but, hopefully, staying up this season will mean the North Stand is history. Thinking of all you old codgers here on the Algarve,must get some more sun cream and time for my first pint. Cheers.
I hope it makes you feel better JP to know that while you enjoy your pint I m painting the bedrooms in sunny Cornwall where it hasnt stopped raining for three days, with more forcast. UTV.

Well I was really looking forward to this one after Norwich, however my wife has just informed me that they will be inducing her into labour on the 19th and then had the audacity to get arsey with me when I pointed out "but we're at home that day!" - women eh?!

As it's our first son (already have two daughters) I think it's only fair that she allows me to name him after the first goalscorer? Fingers crossed for Nakamba to break his duck I reckon!

Well I was really looking forward to this one after Norwich, however my wife has just informed me that they will be inducing her into labour on the 19th and then had the audacity to get arsey with me when I pointed out "but we're at home that day!" - women eh?!

As it's our first son (already have two daughters) I think it's only fair that she allows me to name him after the first goalscorer? Fingers crossed for Nakamba to break his duck I reckon!

Get a hooky stream set up on your phone during the birth, if they drug her up she will be non the wiser and if you get caught say you were filming the birth for prosperity purposes. Congratulations by the way

Here's a few options (you'd have to use the full name if you're going to be completely respectful of the goalscorer :grinning:):

Ahmed Eissa Abdel Fattah Elmohamady (Elmo)
Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva
Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan (Trez)
Douglas Luiz Soares de Paulo
José Ignacio Peleteiro Ramallo (Jota)

Utterly selfish behaviour from Mrs Mc4P.

And bizarrely while reading this I had the thought.
Which is worse ?
Going through labour or watching Neil Taylor defending....

I'm going labour .

My wife announced back in 1978 that she had booked our wedding at Aston Church on the Saturday we were at home to Man Utd, with us coming out of church at 4.45, and having to travel the length of Witton Lane just as Villa were turning out. Not an option because I would have to miss the game and the obvious issues with the Villa faithful turning out. It got cancelled.
I realise cancellation is not an option for you and your wife McGrath so grit your teeth and get on with it. Best of luck to all three of you.

Here's a few options (you'd have to use the full name if you're going to be completely respectful of the goalscorer :grinning:):

Ahmed Eissa Abdel Fattah Elmohamady (Elmo)
Wesley Moraes Ferreira da Silva
Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim Hassan (Trez)
Douglas Luiz Soares de Paulo
José Ignacio Peleteiro Ramallo (Jota)
Or just Jack or John??

My wife announced back in 1978 that she had booked our wedding at Aston Church on the Saturday we were at home to Man Utd, with us coming out of church at 4.45, and having to travel the length of Witton Lane just as Villa were turning out. Not an option because I would have to miss the game and the obvious issues with the Villa faithful turning out. It got cancelled.
I realise cancellation is not an option for you and your wife McGrath so grit your teeth and get on with it. Best of luck to all three of you.
Clearly you won wittonite,how did the Villa go? Was it the 3-2 when Andy Gray powered in a far post header and took the centre half with him?