The Marvelous Nakamba Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Marvelous Nakamba Thread

"The youngsters of today....". Some things never change. For the record I think the youngsters of today are, on the whole, great. They're better educated, they're articulate, they do try to do the right thing. They show up older generations, like ours. The main hope I have in this country, in a mess that it is, lies with the millennials and younger.

I don't envy them, facing up to the pressures of today. In many ways my generation had it easier. But that's a different question.

And for the record, there's no excuse for a song about a particular person's private parts. Not the slightest excuse. Anybody who doesn't see that hasn't got it. It's not being PC; it's being right.

"The youngsters of today....". Some things never change. For the record I think the youngsters of today are, on the whole, great. They're better educated, they're articulate, they do try to do the right thing. They show up older generations, like ours. The main hope I have in this country, in a mess that it is, lies with the millennials and younger.

I don't envy them, facing up to the pressures of today. In many ways my generation had it easier. But that's a different question.

And for the record, there's no excuse for a song about a particular person's private parts. Not the slightest excuse. Anybody who doesn't see that hasn't got it. It's not being PC; it's being right.
I dont think anyone on here has said that PC is to blame for the singing of this stupid song. As for the youngsters of today, yes on the whole they are great, but we are not talking about the average kids, we are talking about a bunch of morons, who would have been morons in any genration.

In all fairness I think you’re looking at that with rose tinted spectacles. Three day week, 3 million people unemployed, miners strikes police corruption especially around our area, pub is shutting at 2:30 on a Sunday. YTS schemes , Mass civil unrest I could go on and on. The little cherubs don’t know they’re born

Not sure how pubs shutting at 2:30 on a Sunday were a great negative for the cherubs of the day. Or the other stuff.

I’m just stating that our generation did not have it easier in any way shape or form. Children of today generally are mollycoddled. Looking at my childhood and my children’s childhood their are massive differences. If I wanted a new football I had to save up for it but today’s culture want everything instantly and most of the time tend to get it. There were no benefits to support my mum and dad when they lost their jobs and we lived on the poverty line like millions of others did but we made it through. Because life was such a struggle your grew up
tending to appreciate things as they got a little easier. Remember on Bullseye when people used to keep 50 quid rather than gamble it to get something worth a couple of grand, that was the reality for many

I wonder how he'll compare with Ndidi or Kante when we play Leicester and Chelsea. That will give us a measure of his worth. I think he'll compare very favourably.

I wonder how he'll compare with Ndidi or Kante when we play Leicester and Chelsea. That will give us a measure of his worth. I think he'll compare very favourably.

It's all about consistency for me. He ran the show against Norwich. If he can do that week in and week out, how he compares to Kante or Ndidi is irrelevant.

And Marvelous is an excellent player. Breaks up the play as well as any DM in the league, and he has an eye for a pass too. Don't know if he can score worldies like Luiz and Conor, but maybe...?
We've hardly been spoiled over the years in this area - probably have to go back to the days of Richardson and Townsend to find an equivalent. Jedi and Whelan were good, tough players but Marvelous has taken it up quite a few notches....

I read an article from a local newspaper from a gentleman who was saddened by the behaviour and attitude of the younger generation, the article was from 1963.

And Marvelous is an excellent player. Breaks up the play as well as any DM in the league, and he has an eye for a pass too. Don't know if he can score worldies like Luiz and Conor, but maybe...?
We've hardly been spoiled over the years in this area - probably have to go back to the days of Richardson and Townsend to find an equivalent. Jedi and Whelan were good, tough players but Marvelous has taken it up quite a few notches....
Taylor and Boating?

I think it's just a matter of time before he is compared to those, I actually think he's better on the ball.
I expect we'll have to do one of the sky favourites to get him noticed, Some media smart arse will no doubt think he spotted how good he is and none of us has even noticed it.
As you know I'm not easily impressed shall we say, but this kid completes a midfield I'd be hard-pressed to want to swap for anything I've seen so far in this league

I think the game has evolved where tactics are now set up to make the DM the fulcrum of the team. Look at how Man City are struggling because they're having to play Fernandinho at Center Back. Coaches like Guardiola, Mourinho, Ranieri, Klopp all have a system of play that allows the DM a "free role" to act as a sweeper IN FRONT of the back-four and become an extra defender when the full-backs push on, allowing the team to press higher up the pitch. Deano wants to play the same way imho - you only have to look at his Brentford teams with that ginger lad who effectively ran the show against us a few times. Because they are in a free role, very often they'll get more time on the ball to allow the other midfielders and full-backs to push high. Then, their passing ability and vision become critical. That's also why, last season, he played Conor in that role, knowing that he could pick a pass and had composure on the ball.

I think with Marvelous and possibly Luiz, we have that player who is perfectly suited to the role, and now that Freddy and Targett are up to speed, the system and style should start to become more and more effective. When we have the ball and/or are pressing, it's essentially a back-three of Mings, Engel and Marvelous/Luiz.

Bob Marley was immense as were boney m, food, clothes, music, culture, when the skin heads were rocking to Jamaican music. To dislike anyone who is different to you says more about you than them but the establishment that sits above us dictates the stereotype, we don't, were brainwashed by them.

I think the game has evolved where tactics are now set up to make the DM the fulcrum of the team. Look at how Man City are struggling because they're having to play Fernandinho at Center Back. Coaches like Guardiola, Mourinho, Ranieri, Klopp all have a system of play that allows the DM a "free role" to act as a sweeper IN FRONT of the back-four and become an extra defender when the full-backs push on, allowing the team to press higher up the pitch. Deano wants to play the same way imho - you only have to look at his Brentford teams with that ginger lad who effectively ran the show against us a few times. Because they are in a free role, very often they'll get more time on the ball to allow the other midfielders and full-backs to push high. Then, their passing ability and vision become critical. That's also why, last season, he played Conor in that role, knowing that he could pick a pass and had composure on the ball.

I think with Marvelous and possibly Luiz, we have that player who is perfectly suited to the role, and now that Freddy and Targett are up to speed, the system and style should start to become more and more effective. When we have the ball and/or are pressing, it's essentially a back-three of Mings, Engel and Marvelous/Luiz.

:clap:

Great minds, you’ve posted my thoughts. It why I’ve been so anti-Taylor for a while, some people on here call it scapegoating but to me it was the missing link in making this style of play and the formation work, having no outlet willing to get forward and get the ball in on the left hand side.

Gone are the days where the full backs are generally the weaker players, the full back position has evolved as much as the goalkeeper position has over the past decade.

Interesting article. Seems to suggest a few things.

a) Nakamba is over worked
b) We need to defend from the front a little more
c) He's pretty poor once he's won the ball

Not sure I've seen any of that with my own eyes.... i think McGinn and Grealish surely help out defensively and Nakamba looks fairly tidy in possession.

Proof that stats don't mean a thing? Or a genuine worry?

https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/aston...a-a-thankless-job-and-hes-doing-it-admirably/