Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o. | Page 32 | Vital Football

Tottingham Hotspurs v Aston Villa PREMIER LEAGUE Saturday 10th August 17.30 k.o.

Overall, plenty of positives but Spurs showed their undoubted class second half and we lost possession far too easily. Engels and Mings could form a really decent partnership. Ultimately games against the top 5/6 wont define our season but fixtures like we've got over the nxt few weeks certainly will. Seen enough today to think we'll be fine. Just having a look at comments on social media whilst returning on train...wolves fans really are quite obsessed by the mighty Villa!

All I asked is that we gave an account of ourselves.

We did . Just. I think.

Pundits and independents seem to think so ( and I don't think they are patting us on the head either).

The second goal when SJ lost the ball looks worse everytime I see it .

I can forgive that today from him. But I won't be forgiving if he does it again. He has had the warning and lesson ....

Same as plenty on here this won't define our season. Spurs are a top top side make no mistake. Fast strong and skilful and to be fair we have them a game in the first half and really should have been 2 up with the chance trezeguet missed. Second half they were a different level we couldn't keep the ball and people say we looked tired well you will be if you are chasing the ball all the time. Them scoring seemed inevitable really but the second was easily avoidable. Still plenty of positives. Heaton mings engles were terrific and Taylor probably had his best game for is. Hourihane is too lightweight . I wouldn't write off Wesley just yet. You see glimpses of things and think there is a player there. Probably came as a shock to him today with the physicality but I am sure he will be coached to cope with that.

In all I saw enough today to think we will be ok this season

Football is all about communication. When Jack lost the ball for their second the fault lay with his team mates non of whom gave him the warning of" man on "to enable him to clear.

Well, supping a cup of tea and time to reflect. I enjoyed the game, so much so losing doesn't matter too much; with 20 minutes to go we looked as though we might sneak a win. We played as a team, remarkable considering the changes. Our defence, the cornerstone of a good PL season, looked terrific. In McGinn, and maybe Trezeguet, we have a game changer. Wesley and El Ghazi will improve. Hourihane was fine.

Bit worried about Jack, definitely no quite there. The subs didn't add up to much but maybe that was to be expected.

Looking ahead, feel sure we'll be OK, partly because DS will be driving them on to win. Bournemouth will be a different sort of test. But at this stage of the season, even if we lose I don't think it matters too much, just so long as we iron out the bugs. I'm sure we have a good enough squad.

Wesley will get a lot more people around him against lesser teams. He was a bit isolated today no surprise really. Hourihane makes the most of what he has. However for me he is not mobile enough at this level but time will tell. I have high hopes of Marvellous.

Football is all about communication. When Jack lost the ball for their second the fault lay with his team mates non of whom gave him the warning of" man on "to enable him to clear.
How do you know they didn't? This is a poor defence of a player who should be better in that position.

Look, we were in the game for 80+ minutes. No disgrace to lose away to a top 4 team.

Fitness allows you to perform at peak levels for longer. Our fitness was found wanting today and that will improve game by game. Surprised by the team selection today, but that's up to DS so I won't pick holes.

That was a good performance against a top side. There is no disgrace to make a couple of errors late on that got punished. We will learn quickly and keep progressing. Many more players to be brought into the team which I think will improve them. Just need to wise up a bit. 10/10 for effort, 6/10 for execution. Players will improve as there fitness levels increase and we won't come up a team that good every week.

The defence and keeper won't have many harder games than that today . I thought they were all superb .
Spurs got a very lucky rebound on goal 2 .
We can take nothing but positives really from the game. Game plan was ok, think we just tired as we were chasing the ball a lot .

I think Jack's problem is he tries to do everything he's not a defender and today he was far too deep. He did more defending that the bloke who was supposed to be doing it.
Having Marvelous or Luiz behind him might give him the confidence he can stay up the field.
If those two are not better than Howrahan at defending we are up shit creek without a paddle as we've just bought squad players for £26m.
Same goes for Targett and Freddy.

I was joking about it yesterday today it became a possibility, sure Dean and the recruitment team are better judges than that.

I think that was a day of learning for Jack. He'll come good. Of that I have no doubt.

Agree Beovilla
Also Tarqett won't get a game if Neil Taylor keeps that up
Mings and Engels look like they've been playing together for years . Elmo cool and composed (apart from 30 seconds in!).
Heaton - class signing.