Time to gel | Vital Football

Time to gel

tarzan

Vital Football Hero
I realize we had to get some new players, but this is a shock to the system. How long do you think it will take us to get up and running?

It took Kloppo a while at the dippers. We of course are starting ftom 5th in Championship.

Long time reader first time poster. Hi all!

I think that's the big question. Didn't take Dean long to get the most out of the new boys from Jan, and once they were fully settled we went on a record breaking run. As long as the newbies have got the right character, which I think has been a big part of our transfer policy this window, we could be looking at a good season.

That being said, Dean and JT's coaching is being massively relied upon. We're bound to be the youngest side in the league, which will probably mean things just won't come together some days.

I think we will see a completely different pre-season to Bruce`s.

These fuckers will be drilled to within an inch of their lives ( not in that way either ).

Used to watch Bruce`s teams and i am sure they were just thrown together.

Smith is an up and coming, progressive manager/coach who has finally taken the shackles off the Villa players that Bruce had so inconsiderately placed on them and now it's up to him and his assistants to gel the team together;)

:ban:me if you like:rotfl:

Last edited:
All jokes apart, It's good work by all the Villa management to get all these players in before we play any pre-season games so they can get used to just how Dean wants and likes his team to play.

Under DS we have a system, and also a core of players who already know that system. That makes it easier to get new players to understand that system and slot in.

Don't be surprised if some of the existing players who some have been writing off appear in the opening games. DS may slot in the new arrivals over time.

Elmo and Kodjia will be given time off, so I'd expect Guilbert and Wesley to start the first game.

Smith is an up and coming, progressive manager/coach who has finally taken the shackles off the Villa players that Bruce had so inconsiderately placed on the players and now it's up to him and his assistants to gel the team together;)

:ban:me if you like:rotfl:

'Up and coming'

'progressive'

'shackles'

'gel'

HOUSE!!! We have a winner in annoying football buzzword bingo!

Long time reader first time poster. Hi all!

I think that's the big question. Didn't take Dean long to get the most out of the new boys from Jan, and once they were fully settled we went on a record breaking run. As long as the newbies have got the right character, which I think has been a big part of our transfer policy this window, we could be looking at a good season.

That being said, Dean and JT's coaching is being massively relied upon. We're bound to be the youngest side in the league, which will probably mean things just won't come together some days.

Welcome to the forum "overlookedvillan":thumbup: