Summer 2019 Transfers | Page 38 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfers

I see that Thill has rejected us to go to Ligue 2 side Orleans on loan. He said he rejected us and Vitesse. He wanted to be playing first team football and not go and play in the reserves of a club. So I guess we were looking at him as a u21 player. I do hope we aren't putting u21 transfers ahead of 1st team.

I see that Thill has rejected us to go to Ligue 2 side Orleans on loan. He said he rejected us and Vitesse. He wanted to be playing first team football and not go and play in the reserves of a club. So I guess we were looking at him as a u21 player. I do hope we aren't putting u21 transfers ahead of 1st team.

Its a case of going for both. The £ transfers start in 7 minutes time!! :grinning:

Good signing for the u23 side. But let's get some more 1st teamers in.

The report says we want to raise the standard of the u23 side by getting players in who'll get good loan moves to other clubs.....so not going to help the u23 as they'll be going out on loan to help other sides?

Still I'm glad we got this talented youngster hopefully he'll play for us one day

Belgian youngster Rob Nizet joins the U23s. All well and good but it’s the now that’s gonna count from Aug 9th

First team squad - in my opinion we need a minimum of a QUALITY DM who can start and a squad RB (not easy when you have Aarons ahead of you).

If possible - a GK and LW cum striker

Late in the window - Possibly Rhodes if Farke wants him and Sheff Wed. lower the cost just to offload his wages and NIC.

I would be happy if we sign the first four above.

I should imagine its like fishing .....patience is needed to land the catch without putting too much bait out. :grinning:

Belgian youngster Rob Nizet joins the U23s. All well and good but it’s the now that’s gonna count from Aug 9th

Good things come to those who wait or beware the truck as you cross (i.e. things may not happen according to the plan)!

Seriously we were not going to sign anybody costing serious money by Norwich standards until now because as I have said before the new financial year starts today.

Prior to today (in the financial year just ended) we have sold Franke whose transfer has presumably financed Roberts loan fee and possibly Adsheads transfer fee.

Its a balancing act, the free transfer players want to sign contracts that start as close to the 1st July so they are not losing the opportunity to get paid. On the other hand clubs may not want to pay salaries/wages for much of the summer when players are not playing yet the coach wants them in as early as possible for pre season training / coaching. This particular point is relevant to clubs on limited resources especially non Premiership clubs.

Then you have selling clubs who want to leave it reasonably late in the window to sell to get the highest bid.

Alternatively clubs with players down to their last year of the contract may be getting squeezed by the buying club who will try to pay as little as possible as the selling club gets desperate to get something reasonable rather than wait to the January window where the amount offered will be less (I wonder if this is the case re Robinson and Rhodes??).

Last edited:
Now that Birmingham have sold Adams (or whatever his name is) to Southampton for £15m can we persuade Oliveira's agent to hustle Birmingham into buying this International goal scoring "machine" for £5m.?

Cheap at the price.