Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 385 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

Big difference between "Big" and "Rich" in my humble opinion. Man Utd are big and rich, as are Real Madrid, Barcelona and maybe even Liverpool and Arsenal. However, Chelsea, Man City, PSG etc are, first and foremost, Rich.
When we signed Chelsea's best player at the time, Andy Townsend, there was no surprise because he was moving to a bigger club.

Agreed, but they've had millions pumped into them for something like 16 years now. Continually winning trophies and playing champions league has seen their fan base grow massively. You'd have struggled to find a Chelsea shirt outside of London back in the 90's. They are bloody everywhere now

Is Peaky Blinders not real then? I thought it was a docudrama. :slap:
They were real and did originate from the salubrious suburbs of Small Heath. They were small time (sounds familiar) crooks and never rose to the levels of grandeur as indicated in the TV shows.
My dad was around in the 30s and he was from Hockley and he used to tell us of a rival gang led by a guy called Sid 'Monkey' Smith. Dad always referred to the Peaky Blinders as 'diddycoys' due to the fact that they were supposedly from Romany backgrounds.

They were real and did originate from the salubrious suburbs of Small Heath. They were small time (sounds familiar) crooks and never rose to the levels of grandeur as indicated in the TV shows.
My dad was around in the 30s and he was from Hockley and he used to tell us of a rival gang led by a guy called Sid 'Monkey' Smith. Dad always referred to the Peaky Blinders as 'diddycoys' due to the fact that they were supposedly from Romany backgrounds.
Yeah, actually read up on it and the series is out of the timeline and in a different location, but all good fun even if a little unrealistic.

It didn't take long for Gary Gardener to 'come out' did it. According to the Scum's website, he is 'True Blue' and a 'Solihull-born Blues fan'.

Just a couple of sentences for him really - 'f**k off' and 'enjoy your life in the shadow of a real club' and 'watch out for the drop to League 1'

and just for good measure 'f**k off'

:finger::utv:

Lee Bowyer also in for it according to Talks shite.

Bilic or Bowyer?.

Like I said , what is their plan. Their squad is a mess. Oooppps!

It didn't take long for Gary Gardener to 'come out' did it. According to the Scum's website, he is 'True Blue' and a 'Solihull-born Blues fan'.

Just a couple of sentences for him really - 'f**k off' and 'enjoy your life in the shadow of a real club' and 'watch out for the drop to League 1'

and just for good measure 'f**k off'

:finger::utv:

Yes he's such a bluenose that he went mental when he scored against them, ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with the Villa fans and then used the picture of him celebrating as the profile pic for all his social media. They are that desperate for a local hero they'll just start making stuff up.

We have Jack, they have the Gardner brothers. A clear summing up of the difference between us.

Last edited:
‘To score here is something I'll never forget,’ he said. ‘It's something that as a kid you dream about. There is no better feeling.’

Gary after scoring for Villa at St. Andrews and running the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the travelling fans. What an odd fellow but at least he’s finally found his level.