WBA after DC | Page 39 | Vital Football

WBA after DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus you can't really argue the Cowleys aren't ambitious. I wasn't even talking about the money they'd get, but what they'd have to spend and continue their caterer development...

But as they have said many times while they think there is headroom here they ar happy to stay. Once the club reaches the limit and there ambitions go beyond that then absolutely they will move on and rightly so.

On another note I think they will stick with Football rather than changing tack again after leaving teaching :grinning:

I imagine:

1. WBA met Danny informally to gauge interest on both sides (they may have had permission for informal discussions)

2. One of the parties decided there was no interest (my money is on Danny - WBA interested in further talks and possibly Danny declined)

3. The club look to quash speculation with its press release on the basis no formal approach is anticipated.

All journalists are correct in what they’ve said - ones source being WBA linked and the others being LCFC linked.

There’s no conspiracy.

But as they have said many times while they think there is headroom here they ar happy to stay. Once the club reaches the limit and there ambitions go beyond that then absolutely they will move on and rightly so.

On another note I think they will stick with Football rather than changing tack again after leaving teaching :grinning:

Excellent typo spot!

While they've said that, Danny also said it would take a very, very good offer for them to leave. My suggestion was of something that might be construed as a very good offer. I don't think it'd be that mad. Being happy to stay is different to being interested in a really good alternative opportunity, but happy if they don't get it.

I imagine:

1. WBA met Danny informally to gauge interest on both sides (they may have had permission for informal discussions)

2. One of the parties decided there was no interest (my money is on Danny - WBA interested in further talks and possibly Danny declined)

3. The club look to quash speculation with its press release on the basis no formal approach is anticipated.

All journalists are correct in what they’ve said - ones source being WBA linked and the others being LCFC linked.

There’s no conspiracy.

I think this is right, the only thing it doesn't explain is the 'second round' of talks in the press yesterday and reported in the morning on Radio Lincs (probably all from the PA report). So either that's nonsense, or that's still happening.

And a bit of a weirdo according to my wife.
He's very odd, I work with him!
Reckons they're off to Stoke now!
A Lincoln fan who isn't happy the team are doing well, total weirdo!
Think he's desperate for the NL days to return, crowds of sub 2000 and the days when he get in and spend half the game up and down to the catering!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think this is right, the only thing it doesn't explain is the 'second round' of talks in the press yesterday and reported in the morning on Radio Lincs (probably all from the PA report). So either that's nonsense, or that's still happening.

My explanation there is it came from the guy with WBA links. He may have been told that’s what was planned with nobody appreciating that Danny might decline. Of course that is me reading between the lines and making my own assumptions.

I agree with this and I'm not saying that they won't decide not to leave, and they clearly have a good thing going here.

My point is there is absolutely no way every club conducts an official approach for a manager every time they think they might have a passing interest in them. Every managerial search would take a year, messing around formally approaching the club and getting them to interview only to find they wouldn't accept the budget or want more a week. There's definitely some sort of sounding out process.

Plus you can't really argue the Cowleys aren't ambitious. I wasn't even talking about the money they'd get, but what they'd have to spend and continue their career development...

Absolutely.
And club's at West Brom's level would only be dealing with agents and contacts of agents etc etc.
They'll contact agents, agents will contact them...Press will contact agents, agents will contact the Press and so in inexorably rolls on and on.
Danny or Lincoln do not have to had any contact or knowledge of any contact yet there may still be truth in the various reports because of the whole culture of agents and leeches.

My explanation there is it came from the guy with WBA links. He may have been told that’s what was planned with nobody appreciating that Danny might decline. Of course that is me reading between the lines and making my own assumptions.

Makes sense.

I imagine:

There’s no conspiracy.
one detail there in [3.]

the club press release doesn't say no formal approach is anticipated - that would be assessing possible future events. it says 'we have had no official approach from any club' - which is a statement based on events to date.

Although WBA could still step forward with something official at a later date, DC's words in the Echo should probably settle a few nerves further than if just the statement came out.

Are you that naïve? Its a local hack try to worm his insidious way up the greasy pole of pulp fiction!

Oh dear. There are very few journalists who have been sacked for making things up. One of those was Boris Johnson. The rest of us aren't as twattish. We do however have to put up with idiotic statements like yours on a daily basis.

one detail there in [3.]

the club press release doesn't say no formal approach is anticipated - that would be assessing possible future events. it says 'we have had no official approach from any club' - which is a statement based on events to date.

Yes agreed I’m making an assumption. I don’t think the club would have issued the statement today if they thought something was likely based on the situation as they understand it.

Although WBA could still step forward with something official at a later date, DC's words in the Echo should probably settle a few nerves further than if just the statement came out.

Though I am sure there are one or two on here that for some strange reason just don’t want to believe it.

Though I am sure there are one or two on here that for some strange reason just don’t want to believe it.

Pessimism is just ingrained in some people! Maybe they are secret masochists!

Mind you it took me a while to get rid of the pessimism ingrained in me after years and year watching LCFC toil :lol:

I still think they'll probably stay/West Brom will end up with a tried and tested choice like Hughton.

I'm just less of a fan of writing everything off (including any sort of contact being had) on the basis of that statement...

He's very odd, I work with him!
Reckons they're off to Stoke now!
A Lincoln fan who isn't happy the team are doing well, total weirdo!
Think he's desperate for the NL days to return, crowds of sub 2000 and the days when he get in and spend half the game up and down to the catering!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
There's a few like that

Status
Not open for further replies.