Rotherham v Aston Villa .Wednesday 10th April 19.45 K.O | Page 15 | Vital Football

Rotherham v Aston Villa .Wednesday 10th April 19.45 K.O

Whelo should be fresh and Angela can give us half-an-hour (OK, seven minutes :grinning:).

To be honest I have a certain amount of faith in anyone to come in.

Deano seems to have everyone singing from the same song sheet.

Jedi and Kodjia looked good tonight. Knew their roles and fitted into the game plan/style.

I am hoping the first half was a combination of poor refereeing, bully boy/gamesmanship/niggly tactics from Rotherham and a bit of a random, whirlwind half of football that sometimes just happens.
We got to grips with things second half and looked decent despite being a man light .

Barca's a free lunch. We'll (probably) lose a match between now and the end of the season. If it's on Saturday then we just go again. Having said that, I think we can still win it. Losing Mings is a blow, but it seems to me that one reason why the defence is so good is the amount of work which has gone on on the training pitch, and I think that'll be there whoever DS puts out.

He has some decisions to make. Kodj provides something up front Tammy doesn't (and to be fair Tammy provides something Kodj doesn't). I'd like to see Kodj get a full match. Then there's players who might need resting.

Whatever, we go again :utv::utv::utv:

Just got back after waiting over an hour in roadworks on the M1. Wonderful game. I can't remember us ever coming back from 1 down with 10 men to win before.

Tactical masterclass from Deano putting 2 up front , fortune favours the bold and it certainly did for us. After them doing a job on us in the first half like Stoke did to teams when they first came up , we hit back and bossed the second half and really should and could have scored more.

I have to say I witnessed the worst display of refereeing and linesmanship in the history of the game FACT ,but I won't dwell on that as it would detract from also witnessing one of the finest midfield displays I have seen in a long long time. John McGinn is not human , he can't be , unbelievable display .

Massive credit to the players they could hardly raise a walk at the end , and the commitment and effort in the second half was incredible.

Last edited:
On a separate note, it's nice to hear song being belted out by our fans that is about our fans and club.... I couldn't care less about it's origins or whether the tune is original. Just so refreshing to hear that .....
. :utv::rocker::banana::band2::punk::utv:

Just got back after waiting over an hour in roadworks on the M1. Wonderful game. I can't remember us ever coming back from 1 down with 10 men to win before.

We came off the M1 and got back on 2 junctions later, didn’t look like it was moving at all. When we got back on could see 1 lane of traffic as far the eye could see!

Also noticed tonight how over the top their stewarding was, seemed to be kicking people out over very little if nothing at all.

We came off the M1 and got back on 2 junctions later, didn’t look like it was moving at all. When we got back on could see 1 lane of traffic as far the eye could see!

Also noticed tonight how over the top their stewarding was, seemed to be kicking people out over very little if nothing at all.

Yes we should have. Google maps originally said 8 minutes of delays , then it changed to 35 mins and by then it was too late.

We got to grips with things second half and looked decent despite being a man light .
A man light?? They could have fielded 15 against our 10 when you have John McGinn in your team. There are not enough superlatives to use for him after his performance. In the 92nd minute he picked the ball up on the edge of our area and raced the length of the pitch shrugging off challenge after challenge and was annoyed with himself when he finally lost the ball.
What a player, what an asset and what a superb role model.
We've got McGinn..........

Slight aside and probably belongs in another thread, but, all these Road works at night, punishing those who want to move around in the evenings. "They" don't want us to. It's the beginnings of a soft curfew by stealth. Control.
Massive 3 points , still absolutely buzzing, not just with the win, but the manner of how we did it.

Slight aside and probably belongs in another thread, but, all these Road works at night, punishing those who want to move around in the evenings. "They" don't want us to. It's the beginnings of a soft curfew by stealth. Control.

There's a conspiracy thread over in Witton Lane, Silhill :lol:

...but I won't dwell on that as it would detract from also witnessing one of the finest midfield displays I have seen in a long long time. John McGinn is not human , he can't be , unbelievable display .

I could actually cry with joy.

How long have we waited for a midfielder with that energy, commitment and dynamism.