Rotherham v Aston Villa .Wednesday 10th April 19.45 K.O | Vital Football

Rotherham v Aston Villa .Wednesday 10th April 19.45 K.O

sirdennis

Alert Team
Time to have a thread for this game I think.

Another massive game and I think Albert will start after his heroics on Saturday and also Hause must be a doubt , but Axle isn't a bad replacement.

Just hoping the Lads don't take their foot off the gas, It's easily done after Saturday.
One thing saying you'll be up for it another thing actually doing it, when in the back of your mind it's an easier game.

I think we have a battle on our hands, on paper we should win but on grass it's different.
Could do with Jack and Tammy turning up earlier than injury time to steady my nerves.
Don't envy Dean with the bench he's got picking a team to win this one whilst perhaps giving a couple a rest, we need to win but we need to beat Bristol more I think.

The best thing about it being on Wednesday is that most of our rivals play on Tuesday, so it gives us that extra day not only to recover from Saturday but to know where we are league wise.

The stewards were fucking absolute arseholes at this game last season even Cricket Jumper got chucked out and banned for the rest of the season cus he fell onto the pitch when we scored.Hopefully we can keep the run going.

Watched the highlights of these beating forest. They’ve got a bloke doing big Rory Delap throw-ins, come in really fast and flat so whoever is at CB will really need to be on their game. Treat these with respect, but not too much respect, and should be ok. UTFV

We're Villa, for me, a banana skin can be expected somewhere. Will it be at Rotherham?

I'm getting excited, but also nervous...... and it's only Monday afternoon.

it's good that we're playing on the Wednesday as we'll know how West Brom, Derby, Bristol City, Boro, Forest and Preston have all got on already as they all play Tuesday.

Barcelona Bristol will have an extra day to prepare for Saturday's game though , pros and cons I suppose.

Confident we'll see this one through and gain another three points but think Deano may freshen things up a bit with another massive game on Saturday.....which by the way is already SOLD OUT! Whole place is buzzing again! I'm like a big kid, can't wait from one game to the next....!

Confident we'll see this one through and gain another three points but think Deano may freshen things up a bit with another massive game on Saturday.....which by the way is already SOLD OUT! Whole place is buzzing again! I'm like a big kid, can't wait from one game to the next....!

It's great. My lad who has only known misery (apart from a few moments) in his 10 years of going to games , is absolutely loving this. We reckoned Saturday was one of our best away trips just for those 3 minutes at the end alone.

Rotherham are better than you'd think from their position. They'll be looking for a win and we have to be sharp enough to deal with them. But we really ought to win this one.

I'd play Albert on the left wing; he defends better than the other options. Lack of support is one reason why Taylor gets exposed. Maybe Hourihane for Whelan. Alex in for Hause.

Unfortunately Rotherham seemed to have picked up a bit of form in recent weeks (apparently had a few players out injured when they got smashed at Derby). Did notice on the highlights at the weekend they seem to have an 8 foot lump up front who they will keep whacking the ball up to. I'd be surprised if Deano didnt change the 2 wide men for this and probably bring Conor in for Whelan.
If we are up for it from the off we should have too much for them

I cannot bloody wait !. I am going (first time to Rotherham, ground 66 of the 92 , plus some Conference)

Honestly, the alarm went off at 5am this morning, I sat up my missus said "you look shattered" , I said "just got today and tomorrow to get through and it's the Villa on Wednesday - just need to think that". She did point out that means I will be even worse on Thursday - but hey, what the hell, only have that n Friday til the Villa !!!

I think it will be tougher than we think but we will see it through. I have gone for a nervy and tense 1-0 win, and that will do fine.

I would bring in Hourihane, rest Whelan, but to be honest, unless there are knocks, I would keep the same team. There is an argument for Albert and maybe aresting Green for Sat may be good, but I want to see Green given a run so if he is rested, I want him back for Sat.

Have I told you I cant wait ?.

Oh, gotta say, as there is no thread yet, todays announcement that Sat is dold out is truly remarkable, wonderful support (even if it is due to people now thinking they need the history for a Wembley ticket hopefully). The attendances this year are a credit and put others, including 75% of the Premier League, to shame !

It's great. My lad who has only known misery (apart from a few moments) in his 10 years of going to games , is absolutely loving this. We reckoned Saturday was one of our best away trips just for those 3 minutes at the end alone.

Yep my lad has had his season ticket for 15 years and apart from MON's decent couple of seasons and the FA Cup run to the final, he's experienced nothing but doom and gloom! Perhaps that's why Saturday was such a great trip, especially the last 3mins....we're so desperate for success it makes moments like that even more special. I love the fact that there's a connection again between the players and the fans. He hasn't stopped talking about Saturday...neither have I.....Mrs Langoe on the other hand can't understand why we're still full of it two days later!! :shake:

Yep my lad has had his season ticket for 15 years and apart from MON's decent couple of seasons and the FA Cup run to the final, he's experienced nothing but doom and gloom! Perhaps that's why Saturday was such a great trip, especially the last 3mins....we're so desperate for success it makes moments like that even more special. I love the fact that there's a connection again between the players and the fans. He hasn't stopped talking about Saturday...neither have I.....Mrs Langoe on the other hand can't understand why we're still full of it two days later!! :shake:

We keep singing "Every week we follow........" :grinning:

Don't want to piss on the parade but amongst the euphoria of Saturday is there a concern ?.
Last two games. Blackburn second half was a bit dodgy. Dodgy against Sheff Wed second half . We may come unstuck if the last two games pattern continues.

Don't want to piss on the parade but amongst the euphoria of Saturday is there a concern ?.
Last two games. Blackburn second half was a bit dodgy. Dodgy against Sheff Wed second half . We may come unstuck if the last two games pattern continues.

Yes . It is a slight concern ,but where we would have conceded when under pressure in those moments ,we have a resilience now and are becoming hard to beat , even when we are below par.

Ah sod off with your negative bullshit Melon...always bloody moaning you are...! :grinning:

The problem we have is when we play from the back we are brilliant when the opposition suss it and push up on the defence, we can't get forward.
This is when we should go long 4 on 4 but we don't have anyone who can hold the ball with their back to goal. Smith needs to sort this , perhaps bring on Davis ?