Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City

Right. Just home and TV on. Was watching it on the phone in the train and taxi. Disappointed to concede but we’ve had a couple they’ve had to clear of the line. Come on Lincoln

I think we're starting to settle into it now. They looked very good for the first 25 mins but we've had a few chances in the last 20 mins and stated to apply some pressure.
Can they keep this intensity for the 90? Hoping we finish the stronger.

I think we could probably do with pett's legs (and guile) in midfield. If freck is fit enough to play he'd be a good influence too, I think.

Imagine rhead around the hour. Feel like the wingers have a good chance against their system of getting in behind, but we haven't been good enough on the ball to do it.

If we're going to bring Pett on, it ought to be all of him really ?

Not the best first half that but only 1 down and we've been pretty good at getting back into things this season.
Seems a few struggling to get into the game though. Rowe is trying to get us going but otherwise all a bit lacklustre
45 to go though so no panic stations yet

lot of poor passing during the first 20 minutes. Lack of concentration. Thought we looked the better team in the last 20 minutes. created some good chances, nice play going forward. i think we'll get a goal.

Mansfield left side full of real pace, hence why its a struggle for Anderson. I think generally we are doing okay.. can get someghing from this.

They're doubling up on the wingers most of the time so theoretically there should be more space than expected inside if we can find it. Mansfield have defended well and they have had to at times so it will be interesting to see if they can keep that intensity up.

Bad half for Eardley they are totally out pacing every time and I think it’s effecting other parts of his game. Bolger needs to improve his distribution and Bruno needs to get into the game. Good game for a neutral to watch,end to end 100 mile an hour.

Sad to concede a poor goal so early. O'Hara was more interested in wrestling with Pearce than trying to challenge for the ball. Early on Mansfield were probably good value for their lead. Slow start by us, again, but we've managed to work our way back into the game slowly and have creat a couple of decent chances. Keep up the momentum in the second half and we've a good chance of getting a result here, but we need to be strong at the start of the second half & not give them any early encouragement. Come on you Imps ??

Bad half for Eardley they are totally out pacing every time and I think it’s effecting other parts of his game. Bolger needs to improve his distribution and Bruno needs to get into the game. Good game for a neutral to watch,end to end 100 mile an hour.
Hamilton is one of the fastest so expected Eardley to be having a busy night. Experience to see it through and mange the threat hopefully.