Magnificent seven | Page 10 | Vital Football

Magnificent seven

Pies ......as I said initially, the exact same views are held by fervent Remainers. The same can be said for both the far right and the far left. Both sides think the Beeb is biased........how can they both be right?

My concluding comment wasn't condescending ........sarcastic, yes. All I meant was that in your haste, you'd posted summat which you'd obviously not read first, and it didn't make sense.

MiW ........I've searched online for the article you mention, but not sure which one it is. If it's the one by Booker, it's harping on about stuff from years ago ........ and even then, he actually states that the Beeb corrected itself. That wasn't bias .....it was using an inaccurate source. Regardless, it seems that you're happy to be advised by a newspaper which definitely takes a political stance on issues, and is therefore by definition, bound to have a bias of it's own.......just like the Grauniad.

Folk don't like to hear criticism of their "own" side .........and therefore equate that as bias.

It isn't.

Last edited:
Seems like the magnificent seven have achieved their goal. Realising that Corbyn’s public and party support is dwindling by the day. Labour are looking like supporting a second referendum. No doubt a last ditch attempt by Corbyn to keep voters of his onside and cling onto power as his public support has been leaking like a sieve due to his stance over Shamina Begum and his approach over Brexit. It must be absolutely killing him to do this though as a hard Brexiteer! Desperate times obviously call for desperate measures.

Seems like the magnificent seven have achieved their goal. Realising that Corbyn’s public and party support is dwindling by the day. Labour are looking like supporting a second referendum. No doubt a last ditch attempt by Corbyn to keep voters of his onside and cling onto power as his public support has been leaking like a sieve due to his stance over Shamina Begum and his approach over Brexit. It must be absolutely killing him to do this though as a hard Brexiteer! Desperate times obviously call for desperate measures.

Think JC will do whatever he has to to stay in power....morals go out the window when you become an MP so he's no different to the rest I guess.

He's now realised that leaving the EU would be pure madness...better late than never.

No he hasn't. He's a staunch leaver. However he'll do anything to cling onto the hope he can one day gain power and destroy the country.

nothing much left to destroy after years of tory demolition mines,steel works,cotton mills,car industry,sewing factorys,munition factorys,and all the other works that used to be associated with these companys
plus fook ups like selling gas , electric, water,
yes im really worried what corbin could do next after all that

No he hasn't. He's a staunch leaver. However he'll do anything to cling onto the hope he can one day gain power and destroy the country.

I get the feeling if he'd turned round and said he doesn't support a 2nd referendum you'd have criticised him. A bit like some footballers, you've decided he can do no right. I noticed a couple of weeks back one of the EU leaders said that Corbyn was the only person to come up with a workable solution.

The silence from the media and some members of this board was deafening.

Or, you know, just doing exactly what Labour said they would in their 2017 general election manifesto - exhaust all Brexit options with a people's vote being a last resort if no viable deal can be struck.

Whilst the Brexiteer/FBPE hoards have all been screaming vacuous slogans at each other rather than actually trying to solve anything, Corbyn's been behind the scenes meeting with EU representatives pulling the strings and finding a pragmatic solution.

The only ones 'clinging' to power are Thatcher 2.0 and her 'mates', and the pound-shop New Labour splinter group - not going all too well for the latter though, may as well just join the Lib Dems and get it all over with.

nothing much left to destroy after years of tory demolition mines,steel works,cotton mills,car industry,sewing factorys,munition factorys,and all the other works that used to be associated with these companys
plus fook ups like selling gas , electric, water,
yes im really worried what corbin could do next after all that

Post and rail can be added to that list, with the NHS and schools up next on their list of 'things to destroy'.

Done a good job on welfare too, boosting homelessness by 135% in eight years and tripling the number of foodbanks in operation from 2010. Pretty impressive numbers for them, I guess.

Up next on the Tory money-saving to-do list, I've got 'boost tuition fees again', 'sell more weapons to the Saudis' and 'start clamping down on tax-evading big businesses and millionaires' - although that last one has been hastily scribbled out with 'cut disability benefits and corporation tax again' written over the top of it.

.....Corbyn's been behind the scenes meeting with EU representatives pulling the strings and finding a pragmatic solution.

No..what he's done is akin to tying her hands together when she's trying to extract the best possible deal right upto the wire. A bit like a game of poker with him stood behind her looking what she has then scuttling across the channel to conspire and whisper like the little rat he is. If you think that's admirable behaviour then that tells me all I would ever need to know about you.

Their manifesto actually said they would respect the result of the referendum. Now actually it appears they may 'do' as Steptoe won't agree to remain being an option on the ballot paper should in the very unlikely event there would be a second one. The piss boiling is fantastic and creating further divisions within the party with open dissent that many won't support the amendment anyway. That said labours position on the issue has always been as clear as mud so who knows, the grubby little antisemite in charge of them couldn't lead a horse to water.

That said labours position on the issue has always been as clear as mud so who knows, the grubby little antisemite in charge of them couldn't lead a horse to water.

You cannot abide can you, you cannot argue a point without your vitriolic bigoted opinion, is he the new Jonathon Jackson/David Sharp demon in your life.

Their manifesto actually said they would respect the result of the referendum. Now actually it appears they may 'do' as Steptoe won't agree to remain being an option on the ballot paper should in the very unlikely event there would be a second one. The piss boiling is fantastic and creating further divisions within the party with open dissent that many won't support the amendment anyway. That said labours position on the issue has always been as clear as mud so who knows, the grubby little antisemite in charge of them couldn't lead a horse to water.

As far as I know I don't know you, but you come across as quite a nasty, vindictive man. Totally incapable of reasoned debate and completely inflexible in your views. It's all black and white with nothing in between. Totally prejudiced in it's literal meaning.

What exactly is Corbyn's "stance over Shamina Begum", he quoted the legalities of it and said she should be judged by the courts of this country.

I notice none of the narrow minded usual subjects on here have not said anything about Jacob Rees Mogg who said exactly the same on question time two weeks ago, well not quite he went further, he said she should be treated with compassion as well because she is a young women, perhaps you and others can comment on his view.

What exactly is Corbyn's "stance over Shamina Begum", he quoted the legalities of it and said she should be judged by the courts of this country.

I notice none of the narrow minded usual subjects on here have not said anything about Jacob Rees Mogg who said exactly the same on question time two weeks ago, well not quite he went further, he said she should be treated with compassion as well because she is a young women, perhaps you and others can comment on his view.

Perhaps you can kick it off LMB...what's your view of JRM's stance.

Perhaps you can kick it off LMB...what's your view of JRM's stance.

I don't agree with his treating her with compassion part, but agree with both him and Corbyn on the rest, we cannot make her stateless under international law and the government doing so is posturing, it will go to the courts in this country and they will find against the home secretary, at which point they will claim it wasn't us letting her in but the courts, when all the courts will have done is apply the law. This is what Mogg said on question time. I also agree with them both when they say when she returns she should then be judged by the courts in this country and suffer the consequences of her actions.

Hope I haven't rained on your parade in letting preconceived bigotry get in the way of facts because the targets are detested by some.

Last edited:
Come on chaps ......we're not goldfish........... we don't need to do the same stuff every week.

We did this earlier in this thread ......page 7.

Also ...... LMB's correct.

You cannot abide can you, you cannot argue a point without your vitriolic bigoted opinion, is he the new Jonathon Jackson/David Sharp demon in your life.

He's a racist who has wormed his way to the head of a large political party and through his inaction is allowing hordes of his devotees to pursue a repugnant antisemitic vendetta by issuing threats and abuse to even his own MPs. Even one of those that remained described the Labour party as a racist cult on this last week. Of course his brainwashed see no evil hear no evil acolytes prefer to bury their head in the sand on this. At a time when this country is in desperate need of politicians of worth and substance this vile ineffective individual clings to power with such desperation in hope of inflicting great damage on the country. So in short, no I can't abide him.

As far as I know I don't know you, but you come across as quite a nasty, vindictive man. Totally incapable of reasoned debate and completely inflexible in your views. It's all black and white with nothing in between. Totally prejudiced in it's literal meaning.

I don't think we have met Grip, though I may have met your dog once. As for the rest, where exactly is your debate, reasoned or otherwise?