Problems... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Problems...

In response to our current form, we have drawn four successive matches; in Keith Alexander's day, that would have been seen as a very positive step forward, especially following a defeat.

We have had just one defeat since Colchester away at the end of October, for goodness' sake! If four successive draws is the summit of our poor run, then I am ok with that. Our last 8 games (league only) has us with two wins and six draws (12 points); MKD 3 wins/5 defeats (9 pts); FGR 3 wins 2 draws and 3 defeats (11 pts), same as Colchester (11 pts). Of our close rivals, only Bury with six wins and two draws (20 pts) can say they have done (considerably) better.
Alex, be realistic, top of the league, draws at home against lower class opposition have to be regarded as 2 points dropped. Kloppy and his prem buddies would not be happy dropping points at home to Huddersfield, Cardiff, Newcastle and Man Utd every fortnight!

Very small margins we could be sat looking at the table with 4 6 8 or 10 pt gap if things had gone Lincolns way alas they didnt . The confidence i feel has dropped but a win next week will restore.

If results hadn't gone our way over several weeks, we wouldn't be top of the league, but that's the nature of the beast. Our destiny is still in our own hands. Let's enjoy the ride - just be thankful this isn't a relegation fight.

Definitely some problems with some players.
Most likely that injuries are primarily to blame. Bolger, O'Connor, Freck, Bossie all have had and/or still have various injuries and are playing despite them.
Conversely, after Bruno's enforced 3 matches out, he has come back fresh and flying. Hopefully the same will happen with Harry.

Danny and Nicky will be aware of who is struggling most and where things can be rejigged, and I'm sure we'll see some changes next week.

For me, i would also restore Bossie to defence and Pett to central midfield. Pett's autumn performances in the centre were the closest we've seen to Woodyard.
And personally i would like to see two of Akinde/Angol/Rhead on together for some or all the game.

Bruno was flexing his legs towards the end in front of the Coop. Hopefully, it is just residual stiffness.

Chair put in the best performance at SB I have seen this season.

He may just have been too good for us on the day, but we certainly didn't seem to help ourselves.

We should have sat on him; that would have stopped him! I'll get mi coat.

I think if we're wanting to play someone up top with Akinde we'll be waiting a long time ! Does any team play 2 up front any more, at least in the conventional sense?
Yes I think we need to work on getting closer to him when the ball is coming forward, but not sure we'll see 2 from Akinde/Angol/Rhead from the start

I think if we're wanting to play someone up top with Akinde we'll be waiting a long time ! Does any team play 2 up front any more, at least in the conventional sense?
Yes I think we need to work on getting closer to him when the ball is coming forward, but not sure we'll see 2 from Akinde/Angol/Rhead from the start
Redwimp, don't know if you are answering my shot or not. If you are then I am not suggesting that we play 4 4 2 , 5 3 2 or whatever, just that J. A. doesn't need to be playing Lone Ranger every game, he needs a bit of help now and again from Tonto.

I’ve actually thought something’s been a bit wrong since October

You cant make this sh1te up can you? If you think something has been wrong since October then there really is no hope for you .Why not find something else to do if you don't like watching a team that is currently top of the League and more than likely to achieve promotion. If I had a time machine I would drag your ungrateful sorry arse into it and set the dial to any one of our numerous sh1te periods and keep you there in perpetual misery. Honestly it beggars belief

Alex, be realistic, top of the league, draws at home against lower class opposition have to be regarded as 2 points dropped. Kloppy and his prem buddies would not be happy dropping points at home to Huddersfield, Cardiff, Newcastle and Man Utd every fortnight!
Lower class? Nothing lower class about Ilias Chair .Who is Kloppy?

I’ve actually thought something’s been a bit wrong since October

You cant make this sh1te up can you? If you think something has been wrong since October then there really is no hope for you .Why not find something else to do if you don't like watching a team that is currently top of the League and more than likely to achieve promotion. If I had a time machine I would drag your ungrateful sorry arse into it and set the dial to any one of our numerous sh1te periods and keep you there in perpetual misery. Honestly it beggars belief

U really do relish abusing people on here don't u?
If someone thinks something's wrong, that's what he thinks. He is just as valid a supporter as u.

[AQUOTE="oldgaurd, post: 1742814, member: 9794"]Lower class? Nothing lower class about Ilias Chair .Who is Kloppy?[/QUOTE]
How many teams does Ilias Chair play for, ffs? However Oldgraud, at least you posted your reply in a decent large paragraph of semi abuse. Then you followed it up with your more usual two abrupt sent ances of pure vitriol just to spoil it. p.s. Bradley Wood may have knocked the stuffing out of the Chair.

Chair this season's Jodi Jones? I have not seen a player like Jones since he played for Coventry against us at the Bank until Saturday. They have both left our defence in tatters. Different class of player and breathtaking to watch.
Danny Mayor? He ran rings round us but stood out less because he plays with better players.

U really do relish abusing people on here don't u?
If someone thinks something's wrong, that's what he thinks. He is just as valid a supporter as u.

Just because we are top of the league now, doesn't mean that we have been playing well in recent times. In fact the main reason we have managed to keep the spot for so long is many fold. We had a blistering start. Then people have cottoned on to our style of play. Then other teams have dropped off because we have done fewer things wrong than them. We've been fortunate with results going our way (not our own, I hasten to add). We have only won 7 out of the last 19. We have only lost 2 also.

The only table that matters is the one on the 4th May. Every other table is irrelevant until the final table is out (unless promotion and relegation matters have been decided before that last game).

I remember the bad times. Collection buckets, Bob Dorrian saving us, by a couple of hours, from oblivion. Yes this is a fantastic period, and no one wants it to end. I think that it is because of the bad times that so many people are desperate for this bubble to continue. If the team haven't been playing well and we win then great. Sign of a good team. If the team keep making the same mistake over and over again and we don't win...then it is only right that people voice their concerns.

I have read nothing on the threads saying 'sack the board' or indeed 'Cowleys out'. It has been measured, somewhat emotional - which is understanding, but generally concerned.

For what it is worth, before I get a nugget of abuse. I so love them too. I think that we will be OK. DCs record has been impeccable up to now and he is still learning this full time lark. He will want us to get over the line, as it reflects on him and his brother massively. They don't want the tag of bottlers. Which is one thing they most definitely are not.

It is fine to be critical, our manager has said on countless occasions that we have not been at our best, since October. That's a good measure of assessment. The gaffer's measure.

[AQUOTE="oldgaurd, post: 1742814, member: 9794"]Lower class? Nothing lower class about Ilias Chair .Who is Kloppy?
How many teams does Ilias Chair play for, ffs? However Oldgraud, at least you posted your reply in a decent large paragraph of semi abuse. Then you followed it up with your more usual two abrupt sent ances of pure vitriol just to spoil it. p.s. Bradley Wood may have knocked the stuffing out of the Chair.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me Clive Fraud .It was not my intention to abuse you .I just tend to disagree with your post .Any way who is Kloppy?

How many teams does Ilias Chair play for, ffs? However Oldgraud, at least you posted your reply in a decent large paragraph of semi abuse. Then you followed it up with your more usual two abrupt sent ances of pure vitriol just to spoil it. p.s. Bradley Wood may have knocked the stuffing out of the Chair.

Forgive me Clive Fraud .It was not my intention to abuse you .I just tend to disagree with your post .Any way who is Kloppy?[/QUOTE]
Olddagur, I see you're running in blinkers again, but unfortunately without tongue strap!

I have a slightly different take on the *not playing well* comment.

I think it's difficult for us to *look* as if we're playing well, even when we are.

The reason for this is quite simple: we now set up to play defensively with just one up top, sit back and form two banks of 4 fairly deep in our own half. We concede possession - even in our own half - and are happy to do so. We don't do a "high press" anymore. The mantra is clearly "First: don't lose".

What that means is that we simply cannot play long passages of attacking, flowing football. For long stretches of games, we *look* a bit rubbish, but actually we're keeping our shape and not losing. Occasionally, we even win ;)

The problem for me is not this philosophy, particularly, but more that it isn't working as well as it should - not enough clean sheets is evidence of that.

I think we're missing a key player in the midfield who can spring attacks more effectively and also clear up in front of the defence. That box-to-box player which definitely isn't Bozzie, Freck or O'Connor, as good as they are in what they do.

Is it O'Hara? We don't know yet.