Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

Considering that Northampton beat Tranmere away midweek, with 11 men present all game, and County have beaten FGR away today, we haven't done badly really.

Had we not lost Harry or - more down to the ref - been awarded that late penalty we would have been another 2 points better off. As it is, the single extra point looks good from here especially as every match played is one fewer for anybody else to catch us...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!! ©

Have I stumbled on the Facebook group by mistake?

It would seem that way.

A good point, to a well organised team we were fortunate to win against in the FA Cup.

Ironically the only main decision the referee got right was the sending off.

I don't see it as anything else but a point gained. Mansfield lost, we are one point clearer than before the game....with a game in hand.

I don't think we played particularly well, before we scored today, but on a plus point the new pies were excellent. So every cloud, and all that.

The second half was an enjoyable, entertaining, if not infuriating (down to the officiating mainly). I thought Big John was unlucky not to score in the opening moments of the second half. The amount of offsides were infuriating, but understandable when they were trying to push the back line.

All in all we have taken 4 points off Northampton this season and beaten them in the cup. If you can't win, then don't lose.

A final point. It is interesting to see that County beat FGR. It would indicate that their result against us last week was not a flash in the pan.

Considering that Northampton beat Tranmere away midweek, with 11 men present all game, and County have beaten FGR away today, we haven't done badly really.

Had we not lost Harry or - more down to the ref - been awarded that late penalty we would have been another 2 points better off. As it is, the single extra point looks good from here especially as every match played is one fewer for anybody else to catch us...

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!! ©
sorry Barney, but if you thought at 3 o'clock that 1 point at home v Northampton would be a good result against the league leaders then I would have disagreed with you, as I do now.

If you’d been there you’d have seen how the referee had consistently got decisions wrong throughout the half. Initially some in our favour and then consistently giving every marginal decision Northamton’s way. It was if he was trying to show he wasn’t going to be bullied by the big bad Lincoln crowd, as Danny alluded to after the match. The sending off may have been correct but it was clear the referee couldn’t wait to get his card.

out of interest what part of the ground were you? In real time on the ifollow it looked like a deliberate lunge. The lunge may not have been intended to get the player, but it landed on his shin. At best it was reckless endangerment. Also in real time I knew it was red before the ref even got to his pocket.

Opinions are just impossible.

It was if he was trying to show he wasn’t going to be bullied by the big bad Lincoln crowd, as Danny alluded to after the match.
Events later in the game showed that ref was determined not to give any big decisions our way.
I think this happens quite a bit. I try to watch the ref impartially but sometimes the mind just boggles!

Please tell me you are trying to be funny and aren’t serious.

I may be a little ironic at times...
But genuinely down at the moment.
There is actually a nightmare possibility that COULD just happen (based on current form...)...namely we slip to 4th at end of season whilst Grimsby steam into the play-offs...and we meet them....at Wembley...a Lincs derby to end all others....

I may be a little ironic at times...
But genuinely down at the moment.
There is actually a nightmare possibility that COULD just happen (based on current form...)...namely we slip to 4th at end of season whilst Grimsby steam into the play-offs...and we meet them....at Wembley...a Lincs derby to end all others....

Blimey, even I'm not that pessimistic!