Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm | Page 18 | Vital Football

Wigan Athletic Vs Aston Villa Sat 12th Jan 3pm

Looks like the wheels have come off the Dean Smith regime already.

I wasn’t following the game closely so not sure what happened, but there is no way to sugarcoat it, losing 3-0 to the side 20th in the league is a terrible result.

no mate, quite often in match threads I think people over react, so was just saying I wish I could rip tarzansbrother's post apart ... I couldn't, he is right, we are a total mess.
Oh right. Thanks for clearing it up. I thought I might have a deeper level of despair to sink to..?

Agree , he has failed his probation period
:rofl:You can not be serious. DS was put in for the long term by owners who knew that promotion this season was a long shot.

It's pretty obvious that there is something fundamentally wrong with the squad. A lot of them seem unable to put in performances on a consistent basis. They look promising one week and don't turn up the next. DS got them fired up when he came, but it hasn't lasted. It's not the manager; it's simply that we've bought a load of players without the character to succeed. Maybe they know they're not going to get beyond this level; they're right.

Think that's why Whelan get's on the field. He may be limited but he tries. It's no accident that without Axel and Jack on the pitch the level of performance goes down. I'd drop Bree or Taylor for Hutton, simply because Hutton puts in the effort we're missing.

We only need 4-5 points to guarantee safety, we’re not ready to go up and if we do we’ll need 8-9 new players in the summer if we miraculously do it. I’m going somewhere with this...

So why not draft 1 or 2 youth players per game in over the next 5 months?

As holtelower I think said, Leeds have a couple of teenagers each game and they’re top.

Someone made a great point the other day, name a Brentford player who has gone on to further their career? Blues have taken a few who have failed, we took one who is failing, there must have been more. You never see a commentator say “former Brentford player” in the premier league games.

When I’ve seen Brentford in the flesh their centre backs have the pace you’d find in the conference. Amazing how they punch above their weight as a team, but I don’t see any real quality players there.

And that's the secret, they play as a team.

I don’t think our players are capable of what he wants to do and the way he talks about the game.

Ping the ball to the wingers, and if the winger gets it, put it in the box for Tammy.

We don’t have the players to play out from the back to the quarter back style midfielder.

Always has. Always will be about players.

Talk of changing manager ?.
C'mon FFS.

Remember when we tried 3 managers when we got relegated.

Nothing changed because the players were shit.

This lot are mostly crap. They were when Smith came in. They are now. It's a miracle he did what he did when he came in TBH .

The stupid thing is we are still only 5 points off the play offs but it really should have been only one.

We only need 4-5 points to guarantee safety, we’re not ready to go up and if we do we’ll need 8-9 new players in the summer if we miraculously do it. I’m going somewhere with this...

So why not draft 1 or 2 youth players per game in over the next 5 months?

As holtelower I think said, Leeds have a couple of teenagers each game and they’re top.

This sounds great, but our youth system isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. One truly successful player has emerged from our academy set up in 20 years and that’s Gary Cahill. I don’t count Albrighton (one fluke trophy) or super jack (yet).