HE'S GONE!!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

HE'S GONE!!!

The policy of sacking managers on a whim is a mistake that we have been falling for over and over again, it doesn’t matter who comes in , it could be Pep and I’d still say this was a mistake.
As a club we were on a ‘positive’ trajectory but now after this self inflicted scud, we are just as likely to go downwards as upwards

Let's all be positive about this, it could be a blessing in disguise, after all when you are down the only way you can go is up.
I am still of the opinion that this is a move to improve our position in the league tables and if, just if, we attain promotion will we still rooting for karanka. Still red tinted glasses with me.

Wish I had Marinakis email address along with his twitter account because I would be asking 25,000+ Forest supporters to flood him with protest mails and fcuk his systems up.

Let's wait & see, before we protest.

At this stage, no point attacking the club - we don't know the full facts, we may never do so - squad for Reading will be interesting!

I disagree about the downward spiral. It is very much dependant on the new manager / coaching set up and the quality of that.
As a fan, the time to see the true ability and skill of the players is not during the game, it is when they are warming up beforehand. The skill of the manager is to allow the players to express this skill during the game within the gameplan.
That is what makes a good manager / coach, getting individuals to play at their best or beyond. Unfortunately not many managers can do this.

I bet the sheep fans are loving this

Why do we always want to be the team that makes badly run clubs look normal

Karanka conducted himself with dignity. There has been a clear improvement and that is certainly to his credit. I am a fan of his, because only Steve McLaren has conducted himself with similar dignity in recent years, but he was less effective than Karanka.

However, I share the frustration and feel that he/the team were just that little bit short to make it when this year represents a very good opportunity to get out of the Championship quicksand.

My conclusion is therefore that this is only a bad move if we replace him with someone worse. Rowett for example.

Replace him with Jokanovic and back him with January funds and I will quickly forget my disappointment.

However, my money is on Jardim coming in, and it remains to be seen whether he's going to bring a higher level of coaching to the club or be yet another overseas failure thanks to underestimating the demands of the Championship.

Time will tell....

The replacement has to be much better than he was for it to be worthwhile. Slightly better won't make up for the loss of time, money, new players, new backroom staff, existing players' knowledge of the training methods, the match day game plans, and so on.

Nobody I can see on the list of likely replacements is such a substantial step up in managerial quality that they justify the upheaval, and many are a substantial step down! We will probably end up with somebody with little or no experience of the league. Fat Tony the bakery guy has blundered, IMO.

It genuinely scares me the type of Club we have now become, some of our own fans have played a part in this and it sickens me that these morons get air time!