2nd Teams? | Page 2 | Vital Football

2nd Teams?

Not a "love" for any other team, but keep an eye out for Walsall and Valencia.

If, as my plan is, I retire to Spain, my plsn would be to get back gor the Villa when I can, and go to Valencia on other weekends.

Not a "love" for any other team, but keep an eye out for Walsall and Valencia.

If, as my plan is, I retire to Spain, my plsn would be to get back gor the Villa when I can, and go to Valencia on other weekends.

You'd better be quick mate - 29th March. Or, get yourself an Irish passport. Like your idea though :clap:

My eldest 3 youngsters were born in Bradford Royal Infirmary back in the 80's. We lived on the mice side of Bradford just outside it on towards the moors.

We were there when the Bradford fire disaster happened. Developed a soft spot for Bradford until the debacle against them, though that was Lambert fault.

I look at what Man Utd do as I have a real Utd fan who lives breathes them and all sport really.

Kinda of always kept an eye on Leeds as my eldest supports them. That's about all I can say on other teams

For some strange reason (LOL if you know me you will know why) I follow the Greek national side

Just my local team Shelbourne FC, many years ago I got to see them play Deportivo La Coruna in a Champions League qualifier, which they drew (but lost the away leg). Wes Hoolahan was playing for them then.

And like Holtelower, I also have a soft spot for Valencia, I even have an old shirt somewhere I bought on sale once because it looked nice.

But it really is all about the Villa at the end of the day.

If you have a 2nd team then you don't really understand the core concept of football in my opinion.

Football is tribal. It's us against the world. No room for 2nd teams.

Obviously international is different and I support England, but they aren't a 2nd team as it's a completely different competition.

I do love watching football though. Thoroughly enjoyed the Man City v Liverpool game last night, but the whole point of that is I can watch the worlds best players without any kind of emotional attachment and just enjoy it for the entertainment it is.

I'm from Solihull so I guess the Moors are my second team. This has been put to the test massively by the Zulu scumbag brigade who decide to turn up to the odd 'big' FA Cup games and chat anti Villa songs.

Otherwise I always keep an eye out for Orlando City's results in the MLS. Been to Orlando 3 times (soon to be 4) and really enjoyed my one and only visit to the ground to watch Orlando V Monteal Impact. Kaka ran the show for Orlando that day but he has since left and results have gone south massively ever since.

I have two second teams, st nichs under 10s on a Saturday morning and Attleborough sports under 11s on a Sunday morning both whom my nippa plays for at the weekend.

I'm from Solihull so I guess the Moors are my second team. This has been put to the test massively by the Zulu scumbag brigade who decide to turn up to the odd 'big' FA Cup games and chat anti Villa songs.

Otherwise I always keep an eye out for Orlando City's results in the MLS. Been to Orlando 3 times (soon to be 4) and really enjoyed my one and only visit to the ground to watch Orlando V Monteal Impact. Kaka ran the show for Orlando that day but he has since left and results have gone south massively ever since.

I too live in Solihull but feel absolutely nothing for Solihull Moors.

Always seemed a "Small Heath " club to me.

I have two second teams, st nichs under 10s on a Saturday morning and Attleborough sports under 11s on a Sunday morning both whom my nippa plays for at the weekend.
Cannot beat kids football at the weekend. I get quite passionate when I watch my boys play to say the least

I too live in Solihull but feel absolutely nothing for Solihull Moors.

Always seemed a "Small Heath " club to me.

It's a shame really mate. Mostly down to the fact that the captain Liam Daley is a big Blues fan as is the new chairman. The more successful the team have become the more it seems to have attracted the great unwashed which is a big downer seeing as the ground is a 15 minute walk from my house.

Yes , it doesn't help that they play where the old Small Heath training ground was.

My Uncle lived in Damson Lane for 35 years and refused to ever drive past the training ground lol.

It's a shame really mate. Mostly down to the fact that the captain Liam Daley is a big Blues fan as is the new chairman. The more successful the team have become the more it seems to have attracted the great unwashed which is a big downer seeing as the ground is a 15 minute walk from my house.

I did hear Daley's brother had been inside for football violence as well. So wouldnt be surprised if his cronies had gone down there with him to watch his brother.

Up until the age of about 6 or 7 I was sort of torn between Villa and Spurs. They seemed to be on MOTD every week due to Hoddle and Ardiles. Once my old man started taking me down VP every week there was only 1 team for me though.

I was born and still live in Dresden (East Germany) so my second Club is Dynamo Dresden. At the pre season friendly last summer I was in the Villa away end, that means that I love Villa more than my hometown Club :-) but still hope that Dynamo Dresden will be in the 1. Bundesliga anytime and in the European Cup like in the 70's and 80's when DD played very often against british teams. Maybe in 10 years Villa vs. Dynamo Dresden in the Europa League? :-)

Until last season mine was Jarrow Roofing, Bolden in the Northern League. Unfortunately they closed down last season after finishing in the relegation places of Division 1.

I was born and still live in Dresden (East Germany) so my second Club is Dynamo Dresden. At the pre season friendly last summer I was in the Villa away end, that means that I love Villa more than my hometown Club :-) but still hope that Dynamo Dresden will be in the 1. Bundesliga anytime and in the European Cup like in the 70's and 80's when DD played very often against british teams. Maybe in 10 years Villa vs. Dynamo Dresden in the Europa League? :-)
Hi Dresden, how did the Villa connection come about.

I have a different approach to many on here in that having lived in Northampton all my life (and sneaked into many a home game at the old County Ground as a boy), I have an emotional investment in my home town club, as well as my family links to the West Midlands and the Villa. I see no conflict as I have always viewed both clubs in a completely different context and watch with different expectation.

Unlike many of you, and for a variety of reasons, it has now been many years since I devoted every Saturday to attending games. I don't love the game as much as I did as a boy and a young man. If I am honest, I always preferred playing myself, and managed a couple of seasons at the lowest level of semi pro football in the mid 80's, when Villa were crap and attending games became unpleasant and dangerous.

I also have a team in most foreign leagues whose results I follow and if finances allow when retired, I would like to attend a home game at
each club.

Last edited:
Just my local team Shelbourne FC

Never be as good as Bray Wanderers mate :wagging:

My brother (who doesnt support Villa) is fairly big into Bohs now, the 'ultras' they have are right good craic went to a game over the summer. I'd almost drop Bray and start supporting Bohs because they're trying to make something of the situation. Football is just never going to takeoff in Ireland.