A message to supporters | Vital Football

A message to supporters

He doesn't help himself one little bit. He writes:

"I am informed that an issue being discussed on forums/ Facebook by people who ‘know for definite’, is that GFC Ltd and/or GFC holdings has debt of £13m.... FICTION.
Neither GFC Ltd nor GFC Holdings Ltd has any debt, nor bank overdraft for that matter.
The Company results are in the public domain and are prepared by independent auditors, easy for any competent ‘troller’ to check, misleading and confusing for supporters who follow the feeds assuming them to be true."

Well, for those who look at the accounts, then Scally's statement might be true but it can't be substantiated by reference to company results in the public domain. In the last published consolidated accounts, the GFC group is showing long term debt of £10.85m; so, until we see the next set of accounts, we have only his word. No wonder people write such stuff on social media.

What an accurate and well written report.
Well done Scally.
Too many people these days state their opinion as fact.
For all of those people, he has called you out.
Time to put up or shut up.
His door is open if you'd like a serious chat.

Next time you are in Kent WayneKerr, pop in and ask him about the GFC Group and it's level of alleged debt

Crickey, yep, PS is having a direct swipe at forum stuff, this one in particular, maybe ?

PS`s newsletter is a very open and informative piece and, actually, a good read. I think he makes many good points but sometimes dilutes them with a patronising dig that is, perhaps a bit unnecessary.

I think he makes good points about the anxiety on the terraces that transmits itself to the players on the pitch. I also believe that his logic around building a new stadium is realistic and sound.

To be fair, anyone who wants to have a chat with him is invited to go to his office, with no need to identify yourself, and have your say. Can`t get fairer than that. He`s even made time slots available.

All in all, i say well done PS, a timely, open and informative message.

Mr Scally makes some very valid points in this somewhat lengthy report. I think we all accept that running a football club is far from easy. The main problem is that the last 3 seasons have been extremely frustrating for supporters both young and old. It has appeared that the club has not necessarily gone backwards but is not making much progress. We all want GFC to do well as I am sure he does. There is no excuse for abuse aimed at him or the players or the Scally out chants or banners as it does not achieve anything. Show us some genuine improvements on the pitch and some of the lost support may return.

Definitely worth a read - directly addresses rumours such as the guy from MEMS making a bid for the club, debt held on club accounts, issue of negativity towards the players at home games, development of the club and stadium for the future including his reasons, and offering time slots to meet him face to face.

I'm off work next week so may take him up on one of them.

It’s good that he’s taken the trouble to produce that, but it’s all a bit too defensive for my liking - and it would be better to communicate regularly rather than every now and again through these epics. But overall a positive thing to do and the open door offer is really good. Shame I’m not in the area to take him up on it!

It can’t be nice to hear abuse from the terraces (mainly from pre-pubescent scrawny teenagers) and for speculation being positioned as fact.

Unfortunately, the world has become more toxic. Social media has given too many dickheads a platform to peddle shit.

Any public figure these days needs to have very thick skin and have to ignore what is said in the public domain. If I have a criticism of Scally, it is that he probably struggles to cope with this. I think he’s quite a sensitive soul; and the newsletter is almost therapy for him to release the anger. I wonder whether he’d be better served by just ignoring it all... ...you can win an argument with idiots.

Scally - well done for opening your door. I put a fiver on none of those ‘Scally Out’ runts will seek you out.

It’s good that he’s taken the trouble to produce that, but it’s all a bit too defensive for my liking - and it would be better to communicate regularly rather than every now and again through these epics. But overall a positive thing to do and the open door offer is really good. Shame I’m not in the area to take him up on it!

I'd be defensive if there were people in the public domain spouting what I perceived to be as nonsense.

Anyway, I enjoy reading stuff like this- and Love that he's put numbers into the report (eg FA cup ticketing) which helps illustrate why some decisions have been made.

I believe Paul Scally when he says we have no debts and have always believed that. Now I know that the accounts have not reflected that but sometimes there are reasons why a debt, which has in effect been written off, cannot reflect the actuality, for a number of years.

By the way Memoranda of Satisfaction, for around 25 different loans, mortgages etc, were filed at Companies House a couple of weeks ago.

In relation to the Cardiff game, I liked his reference to "let’s try and make it a day to remember, bring your family and friends and bring back the romance of the FA Cup". I smiled thinking about closure of the RE, GRS etc., very romantic and atmospheric, that.

We shall see if the pricing is right (v Cardiff) by the the number of occupied seats on January 5th. If the ground is full then, well done PS, GFC`s FA Cup ticketing strategy is a success. I hope it is.

If anyone does go along to any of the meetings I and probably many others, would like to know exactly where we are with the proposed new stadium. An update in the matchday programme would be helpful. As this has been dragging on for years and I accept we do not know what is going behind the scenes, it is no wonder many are cynical (myself included) that it will ever happen. Perhaps Mr Scally could be asked to give us a clear update.

Sounds very Trump like. Also employing the tried and tested method of claiming all those fans who are unhappy aren't real "fans", and actually damage the club with negativity and apparently scaring away investors.

Good report and probably good timing given the negative stuff around ticket prices.

Unfortunately social media is full of keyboard warriors who are full of it but when they get called out disappear.

IMO PDPS needs to appoint some supporter friendly PR people who can and will listen to the paying supporters as currently he is reacting and not being proactive in this matter.

Whilst we all appreciate his efforts in keeping GFC solvent IMO that’s not quite enough ie he needs to be cleverer in communications with the wider GFC community. That way he could build bridges to the supporters.

:blah:

Well done Mr. Scally. Keep taking the skin thickners, though. They'll help.
I suppose a few of the critics are also some of the most loyal in terms of traveling to away matches. There's always been bile at football -it's a place where a few let their anger out, whatever is actually causing that anger. I also suspect, however, that some people are laying out amounts of money on GFC that they are not sure they can afford, and that this lends an edge to their need for success to justify it.

No one knows what to make of social media, mediation, remediation and hyperreality. I mean, for goodness sakes, you can get into an argument with an algorithm-driven socbot without knowing it these days. My own hope is that it becomes relegated to trash/cheap talk and people learn how to ignore it (back to thick skins). I think younger people may have a better handle on this. The alternative is that we all become complete morons.