Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM

About playing players in their right positions, Elmo has always been regarded as a winger. It was Bruce who decided that he would play RB, in addition to the RBs we already had.

Missed the game and just reading comments I do think we need to just wipe the slate ourselves and give it 12 games to make some judgements now.

No point slating anyone at this point because its an entirely new set up now and they'll all require time to adapt.

After such a long period of poor or non existent coaching it will take a while to build a new ethos into the team. Hopefully with the quality we have in the squad we will hang on to the shirt tails of the play offs while the transition takes place, add to the squad in January, then kick on from there.
Someone made a valid point that at this stage last season Fulham were nowhere near promotion.

Grealish has a pass awareness bit like a snooker player seeing 2/3 shots ahead. Smith has to tap into this.

Needs to shoot and hit target not send curlers in all the time. He might get a few goals then.

Yes I thought it was frustrating how he never takes a shot!

Grealish has a pass awareness bit like a snooker player seeing 2/3 shots ahead. Smith has to tap into this.

Needs to shoot and hit target not send curlers in all the time. He might get a few goals then.

Agree, he made any number of good forward passes and as for the shooting, just hit it hard anywhere between the sticks and forget the top right, top left curlers.

The size of Jack's legs you'd think he's have a bit of a power shot like Tommy Hammer, but instead he has the weakest shot since Lee Hendrie.

Very odd.

If he could just blast a few he'd score a lot more.

I feel like he might be lacking a little in confidence perhaps after the Spuds debacle can understand it messing with his head, all his mates getting in the England squad etc. Smith will hopefully get in his ear and sort it out I still think he could be as good as he wants to be if he gets better off the ball and yes definitely he should score loads from around the box a la paul scholes, lampard. Sometimes feel like everything's a bit too intricate he can beat a man so easily would like to see him beating one and taking the shot early surprise the goalie, not trying to beat them all and slowing the game in the process.

Interesting comments from the manager on Grealish

Dean Smith hailed Jack Grealish as an “outstanding talent” after seeing him star in the win over Swansea.

Grealish was in top form during the 1-0 victory over the Swans and earned high praise from the Head Coach in his post-match briefing.

Smith joked that Grealish will have expected an attacking emphasis to training on the eve of the weekend game – but actually got the exact opposite.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/10/22/smith-on-grealish

Grealish was in top form during the 1-0 victory over the Swans

So says the OS? Obviously watching a different game to me. He wasn't bad, he wasn't good. A bit meh in my humble. Still slows thing down too much for my liking, but he had options, which is a novelty.

He will definitely come good the more DS and co get their methods across.

So says the OS? Obviously watching a different game to me. He wasn't bad, he wasn't good. A bit meh in my humble. Still slows thing down too much for my liking, but he had options, which is a novelty.

He will definitely come good the more DS and co get their methods across.

Yes I saw that but that's PR guff. I was more interested in Smith's comments. I think they underline more or less what most of us think.