Match Thread; Pulisball Vs Forest, sponsored by fine lines | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Pulisball Vs Forest, sponsored by fine lines

What a fucking result.

Whether you thought the manager was being too negative, picked the wrong team etc or trusted him doesn't matter- we have picked up a fantastic first away win.

If only we had held on on Wednesday.

But absolutely brilliant performance to do a number on Pulis.

We are 5th and have the joint least defeats in the league

Hat off to AK got it spot on today, thought we'd struggle but Boro didn't really test us even with 10 men. Lolley again the key going forward, defence did their job (including pants) Fig stepped in and did well. Great result damn shame we threw away the midweek game, hope that was the kick up the arse to not be throwing games away.

Credit when its due... perfect performance...most of the players deserve a 7 ...all the defenders (bar robinson- who should be fined by AK), a mention goes to dariwka, he was flawless, even Watson played really well today... lolley stole the show, but ironacally he played better in the first half...but scored a scortcher and suplied a perfect cross to the Garbbs...by the way those are the balls that the grabbs wants and not high balls with his back to the goal...
only dissappointment were the portugese ...again..not effective at all ...
all in all a very good saturday and up the table we go...(if we won the game v millwall ...grrrrrrr....would have seen us only one point from boro)..

Absolutely fantastic result and sounds like a great performance. Well done to the team for a great response after Millwall.

I also hope some of the girls on here read their comments back on the Millwall Fred and cringe at their total overreaction.

Hate this kind of comment, it's a footy forum, the performance wed deserved slating, mostly tactically, today's similarly deserves praise. Who'd be a manager!

Hate this kind of comment, it's a footy forum, the performance wed deserved slating, mostly tactically, today's similarly deserves praise. Who'd be a manager!

I'm not saying the performance shouldn't have been criticised - I criticised it myself. My comment was aimed at those wetting their pants suggesting the team's shite, AK's not good enough etc. just because of one parricularly bad performance.

I'm not saying the performance shouldn't have been criticised - I criticised it myself. My comment was aimed at those wetting their pants suggesting the team's shite, AK's not good enough etc. just because of one parricularly bad performance.

To be fair AC we have had more poor than good performances .
Which makes our league position look even more impressive.
You can't help but think that we will slowly evolve into a better side.
5th and not been playing particularly well for the most part.
I'll take that !:grinning:

Absolutely fantastic result and sounds like a great performance. Well done to the team for a great response after Millwall.

I also hope some of the girls on here read their comments back on the Millwall Fred and cringe at their total overreaction.

Like this?

"Ponderous and shit. We are relying on moments of magic from expensive players and unless we start scoring more team goals we'll start getting long runs of bad results".

Or this?

"We are so slow it is unbelievable"

Or this?

"Quite simply not good enough"

Or this?

"utter disgrace"

Or this?

"Whole team not good enough"

Or this?

"We must be the slowest team in the whole league"

Or this?

"absolutely dreadful"

Perhaps I should've known better, just like us to get a result in a game like this when you least expect it. Be interesting to see how we kick on from here.

Credit all round today, I thought we'd get turned over easily :slap:.

U reds!!

To be fair AC we have had more poor than good performances .
Which makes our league position look even more impressive.
You can't help but think that we will slowly evolve into a better side.
5th and not been playing particularly well for the most part.
I'll take that !:grinning:

It's been a decent start Orbs. Some shit performances and some good and I'm convinced the team will start coming together sooner or later.

Thrilled with that result today and I for one will be joining Ingy in having a fishcake AND a battered sausage tonight

Great result. Everything AK tried came off today. Everything I thought could go wrong didn’t so hands up on that one!

Up to 5th and assuming Daws is fine Robinson is the only negative.

We had 16 shots, 5 on target. Boro have the most clean sheets in the league,with 8, and have lost once in their last 15 games.

We've done well today despite being up against it with Dawson's injury and Robinson's red card.

Pantillimon has redeemed himself.

Watson and Colback did their jobs.

The speed of our counterattacking was so much better. It makes all the difference when the other team is willing to commit so we have some space.

Grabban now with 5 goals. Lolley must be about the same. He is a player with magic in his boots.

Had we won on Wednesday and drawn this one people would probably have still been moaning. Disappointing as Wednesday was, the four points feel much more valuable this was round

It's been a decent start Orbs. Some shit performances and some good and I'm convinced the team will start coming together sooner or later.

Thrilled with that result today and I for one will be joining Ingy in having a fishcake AND a battered sausage tonight
Yours or his?