The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 400 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

I often struggle to find modern music that moves me in the same way as the music of my youth. However, this band certainly know how to build a song. This tune is a fine example and a favourite with the remix being equally as monumental. Fucking tuuuuneee!

With us playing Bristol City, my mind was drawn to a band whose work I enjoy greatly. Their most recent work, the 2016 "Ritual Spirit EP" was a fabulous return to form. The two tracks here, featuring collaborations with the excellent Young Fathers, and the equisite vocals of Hope Sandval of Mazzy Star, are up there with their best work IMO. The videos are highly recommended, must see, astonishing pieces of art too.

Speaking of art, despite having heard the rumour, I was unaware of the really strong likelihood that Rob "3D" del Naja of the band is actually the artist Banksy. Seems D&B legend and graffiti artist Goldie accidentally referred to Banksy as Rob in an interview. My guess is given their similar backgrounds he would know......

Last edited:
Good band live JPA. Saw them a few years ago. Not one of the best I've seen, but good.

Not heard the rumour JPA

Struggling with modern music, really isn't much that gets me excited to buy their album these days.

Got tickets to see Bring Me The Horizon next year, that'll be great. Saw them in Vegas and they were superb. Bit worried about their new album judging by their first single, they've gone pop!

I'm listening to a new trance cd in the car and this came on. One of my favourite tunes. Its the beat starting at 3.25. It gives me goosebumps everytime and sat driving along like :car::yes:.

Speaking of newish artists, been spending a little time getting to know this man's work. Very impressive hybrid of rock and soul. Definitely channeling his inner Dave Gilmour at the start of this track. Good stuff and worth a listen IMO.

I'm listening to a new trance cd in the car and this came on. One of my favourite tunes. Its the beat starting at 3.25. It gives me goosebumps everytime and sat driving along like :car::yes:.

Top tune and nearly 20 years old now! Time flies. Lots of remixes around but the original (attached) is difficult to better IMO.

On the subject of dance music, coming up to their 25 anniversary, these Vikings still know how to lock into a groove. Bought their first album and still love that analogue synth sound. A large Icelandic thunderclap for Gus Gus.:decks:

I went through a phase when I was heavily into slipknot that I liked a lot of there stuff :taz:

I wasn't big into them at the time because I didn't really like the nu-metal craze, but over recent years there are a few bands like Slipknot, Korn and Deftones that I have grown to appreciate a bit more.

It is interesting how a lot of people have a metal phase or whatever when their younger, and then lose interest or "grow out of it". Would you ever listen to Slipknot these days?

You might have gathered that I was a bit of a party animal for far longer than most, gigging, raving and clubbing right through from my teens to my late 30's ! The punk and rave scenes and their spins offs were my major passions.

Never a massive metal fan but loved the Sabbath and some of the classic bands. Speaking of industrial, first heard this classic in a Balearic haze :wagging: at the legendary Ku club (later known as Privelege) in Ibiza late 1980's. Been a favourite ever since. A definite banger!

Amazing what you can find on Youtube :clap: Footage of the Ku club, Ibiza 1989. Sadly, I am not featured :gimp:

French Kiss by Lil' Loius was everywhere that summer.