Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August | Page 17 | Vital Football

Ipswich v Villa - Saturday 18th August

Been looking at the Nyland error again. Think the problem was he misjudged it and shouldn't really have gone for it; he didn't have a clear run at it, so that in the end he was trying to grab a ball which was over to his left.
I don't know much about Nyland., was he a 1st team Regular at Ingolstadt? Is it just that or is he a bit suspect? I note from Wikipedia that his first game for them was a 4-0 defeat, so at least history didn't repeat itself there!

Must confess when Kodjia scored I thought we'd walk it. Just shows you can't let the opponents back in.
Sort of mirrored in the Chelsea - Arsenal Match. Chelsea were 2-0 up within 20 mins or something like that, ended up winning it 3-2, but only after Arsenal pulled it back to 2-2.

You never can write the other team off, even if after 30 mins they look like they're going to be on the end of a drumming!

But them going down to 10 men does make it harder for the team with 11, time and time again it happens and you think it should make it easier, but they just play even more defensive and unless you can play through a team like Man City or Liverpool, its hard to press home the advantage.

Especially with the way Bruce plays!

Still, a point away from home, could be worth £millions come the end of the season...

Can't be bothered to go back too many pages but would I be right to assume the usual suspects are proper losing their shit and going completely OTT?

Correct.
It's normally after a loss I see the usual names and don't bother reading what they say because I can predict it .
Bruce .....
Grealish......
Looks like I will be doing true same after draws this season aswell.

We won this fixture 4-0 last season. Against 11.
We haven't played well yet this season.
We won't be getting promotion anytime soon
Night

And 37 years ago we beat Ipswich to the championship. Which has as much bearing on today's result as last season's. Don't get the relevance at all.

Just back fucking long journey that is and to watch that rubbish to boot. We must have the best midfield in that division so why the fuck is Jack tracking so far back he was almost playing DM today pathetic. My faith in Bruce is almost gone now.

Just back fucking long journey that is and to watch that rubbish to boot. We must have the best midfield in that division so why the fuck is Jack tracking so far back he was almost playing DM today pathetic. My faith in Bruce is almost gone now.

can you not stop losing your shit
it was great FACT

last year was even shitter - are you not entertained ?

meh

And THAT has been my whole point for 2 years CDX.

You say , we have no movement so everything has to go out wide.

And THAT is Grealish's issue. He is too slow, that is why he is in the Championship, not the Premier League. He is nice on the ball, he draws fouls, but he does not release it quickly, meaning runs cant be made because they end up off side by the time it is played.

He now has McGinn and Bjarn. And STILL we dont create.

It aint a coincidence that EVERY single team mate he has played with is now playing for a top 6 or 7 side in the major leagues and he aint.

His feet are sunlime, but his brain is slow. Someone summed it up today, shoot jack...shoot jack.... shoot jack.... shoot jack... just shoot..... aargh !.

Sorry, if people want to hype him up to Gordan Cowans standards, he needs to be a bloody lot beyter than he has been in the last 3 games.

And if he dont, we are going nowhere.
I got laughed at for saying I don't buy into the super Jack hype when the sell him debate hit fever pitch.
Yes he has good feet but the boy almost breaks down every attack we have by slowing the move down by trying to draw in a foul.
Still believe we missed a big opportunity to get a lot of cash for a slightly above average player.

I got laughed at for saying I don't buy into the super Jack hype when the sell him debate hit fever pitch.
Yes he has good feet but the boy almost breaks down every attack we have by slowing the move down by trying to draw in a foul.
Still believe we missed a big opportunity to get a lot of cash for a slightly above average player.

If he breaks down every attack how come he is averaging the highest number of key passes per game in the championship? :hmmm:

Funny because I don't read anyone over hyping Jack or as Holte Lower puts it comparing him to Sid Cowans. I read people saying they think Jack is a decent player and whom can further develop into a very very good player.

Incidentally we are in the championship if Jack is as you say slightly above average then he is ideal for us as we are playing at a certain level now . Realism

If he breaks down every attack how come he is averaging the highest number of key passes per game in the championship? :hmmm:

And what the critics, who only see the game in goals and assists don't realise that Jack's movement around the pitch pulls the opposition out of shape and drags players into areas they don't want to be which creates space and opportunities for others. So Jack can be affecting games in other ways. If that's not utilised then other players deserve criticism aswell.

I'm not here to murder Jack , I just believe the money on offer was too good to turn down regards FFP sanctions for a slightly above average player.
I'm not sure what a key pass is as I believe snoddy would of been way ahead of him if that's your case.
My opinion is we have a great amount of points so far without playing well.
Can't believe fans are talking of the manager being crap after we are 4th with a game in hand after being favorites to go down a month ago.

Square pegs in round holes
Played with the shackles on
Bruce doesn’t understand tactics
Bruce is on thin ice
Kodjia is selfish
Grealish is overrated
We’re playing catch up to Leeds
We only play hoofball
The new goalkeeper is terrible
Brentford will hammer us

There, did I cover it all?

Oh wait, what? We’ve won 3 out of 4, are undefeated and there’s still 43 games to go? Nah, we’re doomed I tell you! And even if we’re not doomed, we will be next season!

Funny because I don't read anyone over hyping Jack or as Holte Lower puts it comparing him to Sid Cowans. I read people saying they think Jack is a decent player and whom can further develop into a very very good player.

Incidentally we are in the championship if Jack is as you say slightly above average then he is ideal for us as we are playing at a certain level now . Realism
Perhaps you didn't read the Jack thread that has around 1000 plus comments, many wanting him to stay because " he is one of our own".
I certainly wouldn't insult the great Sid by having jack up at his level.Now that would be a shocking comment.

And what the critics, who only see the game in goals and assists don't realise that Jack's movement around the pitch pulls the opposition out of shape and drags players into areas they don't want to be which creates space and opportunities for others. So Jack can be affecting games in other ways. If that's not utilised then other players deserve criticism aswell.

Melon, those gaps and spaces are created when Jack has the ball and I think the complaints are, that when the gaps and spaces have been created for others to run into, Jack has the tendacy to hold onto the ball a little too long, thus nullifying the opportunities of those gaps and spaces being utilised. Another thing that Jack holding the ball too long does, is discourage his team mates from making any runs into gaps and spaces because they know they aren't going to get the pass, well, not until its to late to do anything with anyway.
Anyhow, I think thats what the complaints about Jack are about.

He has improved somewhat since his return from Notts County and I was criticising him. At least now he isn't trying to beat every member of the opposing team everytime he gets the ball, although there is still room for improvement there.
I feel Jack will be a more effective team member, when the opposition don't know what he's going to do everytime he gets the ball and Jack himself realises that a first time pass can be much more effective than holding onto the ball. It would help his own performances as well with creating more assists.

Melon, those gaps and spaces are created when Jack has the ball and I think the complaints are, that when the gaps and spaces have been created for others to run into, Jack has the tendacy to hold onto the ball a little too long, thus nullifying the opportunities of those gaps and spaces being utilised. Another thing that Jack holding the ball too long does, is discourage his team mates from making any runs into gaps and spaces because they know they aren't going to get the pass, well, not until its to late to do anything with anyway.
Anyhow, I think thats what the complaints about Jack are about.

He has improved somewhat since his return from Notts County and I was criticising him. At least now he isn't trying to beat every member of the opposing team everytime he gets the ball, although there is still room for improvement there.
I feel Jack will be a more effective team member, when the opposition don't know what he's going to do everytime he gets the ball and Jack himself realises that a first time pass can be much more effective than holding onto the ball. It would help his own performances as well with creating more assists.
You point out the point that I really didn't expl
ain well in my reply.
My reply makes out I don't rate Jack which is very wrong.
He just drives me crazy because you just know the move breaks down when he gets that ball.
My point regards selling him is I really do think we are going to made an example of due to the FFP as through not selling Jack , it was a big statement yo our fans but a big Fcuk you to the ruling bodies.
But this talk is for January.
I just can't understand the attack on Bruce, many wanted remember, whilst I went for the Henry approach, can now complain.
He has got the points, made us hard to beat, the mistakes arnt down to him, does what he does with the style he plays.
We are doing very well.

You point out the point that I really didn't expl
ain well in my reply.
My reply makes out I don't rate Jack which is very wrong.
He just drives me crazy because you just know the move breaks down when he gets that ball.
My point regards selling him is I really do think we are going to made an example of due to the FFP as through not selling Jack , it was a big statement yo our fans but a big Fcuk you to the ruling bodies.
But this talk is for January.
I just can't understand the attack on Bruce, many wanted remember, whilst I went for the Henry approach, can now complain.
He has got the points, made us hard to beat, the mistakes arnt down to him, does what he does with the style he plays.
We are doing very well.

Oh dear Liononthebed, I thought people had worked Bruce out by now.
You say mistakes aren't down to him but, the mistakes made would be less likely to keep being made, if he played players in their correct positions.
It's what we call 'the square pegs in round holes syndrome'.
You also say he does what he does with the style he plays but, the style he plays is a hotch-potch of different styles, none of which are played correctly.
As I pointed out in another post, if you play with a single forward and two widemen, four things have to be done before you can even think of having any success.
One; your forward has to be able to control and protect the ball as well as make good passes to the supporting players.
Two; your midfield players have to run beyond the forward on a consistant basis.
Three; your wideman without the ball has to cut in and attack the far post area from the ball.
Four; Your central midfield men have to be able to pick and make a pass quickly.
Bruce's style is to play one forward without having any of the rest happen. He also has no idea about how to change something that isn't working except, here I'm going by his actions last season, throw an extra three forwards on and hope something breaks.
We have two senior forwards in Kodjia and Hogan, neither of whom are suited to be target men. Both are more effective playing on the shoulder of the last defender, making short sharp twisting runs into space. This type of forward needs midfield to read those runs and deliver through balls of the right weight and into the right space. Our midfield ignore that kind of pass and get the ball wide at every opportunity for balls to be crossed that the forward will only get to first once in every twenty.
This is the managers fault.