Cardiff v NUFC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cardiff v NUFC

Good God that was eye bleedingly bad! Kennedy will no doubt be banned retrospectively. I actually think they are worse than last season. It's going to be a long, long season on that performance!

Benitez doing himself no favours credibility wise , cries for players then doesn't play them anyway, Rondon, Muto , Schar, Fernandez and Ki all didn't start. Not my joke but I'll nick it anyway, worst Kennedy shooting in 50 years.

Benitez may also think, 'If that's all they are going to prepared to spend then if they are no better than we have then I will play them in the fullness of time'.

Benitez may also think, 'If that's all they are going to prepared to spend then if they are no better than we have then I will play them in the fullness of time'.

A increasingly popular theory Mc that might be more plausible if Benitez did not insist on starting with joselu,or even buying players of his quality for that matter.

Reactions: Rza
According to rondon the transfer took about 3 months to complete. 3 months to complete a loan transfer. Benitez chased a target for 3 months to leave him on the bench for Joselu

Only saw the last 15 minutes but by god we are shit. Cardiff will go down so only two places left but on this evidence I can't see there being another two worse teams than us. Starting Manquillo was a huge mistake and bringing on Hayden whose heed is all owa the place was an even worse decision.

Looking at the games ahead never mind Shitty, Chelski and Arsenal I can't even see us getting owt against Leicester or Palace before our annual defeat at the Threatre of Tits. Eight games in and I can't see us having more than 3 points.

It's going to be a long drag after that and knowing how reactionary the fat **** in charge is he'll probably throw some money at in January. I wish the season was finished now...it's totally joyless watching SDU but I find it impossible to let go. I wish I could just switch off but every matchday is a fucking nightmare.

Rafa is losing the plot or being deliberately awkward.
Subs Ritchie for. Atsu last week.
No nominated penalty taker so the worst player on the pitch takes it and fluffs it.
Starts with Joselu again, who is useless, brings on Hayden who does not want to play. Leaves his new signings on the bench after constantly moaning about lack of signings. Likely to be bottom after half a dozen games and deservedly so on this performance. No hope?

A increasingly popular theory Mc that might be more plausible if Benitez did not insist on starting with joselu,or even buying players of his quality for that matter.
I'm sure Joselu was not the first choice target of Benitez but a player who was available at the price the club were prepared to pay. Silk purse and sow's ear springs to mind.

What is there to complain about? We are only a 3 goal win behind a Champions league position.

On a more serious note, I can understand players not being assimilated yet but that is down to Charnley and whoever he takes his orders from. With the rest of the opening fixtures being a grind, if I were in Rafa's place, I would be looking at minimising goals against until there are some winnable games. After that is the time to surprise the teams who we are genuinely competing with and have more attacking formations.

Ashley promised "every last penny" and we ended up with a surplus. Don't forget the profits from last season, the transfer instalments, season ticket sales and so on. NUFC must be the most cash rich club in the country - unless Ashley has been cashing in on his "loans".

Benitez alienated Mitrovic in favour of Joselu last season

He sold Mitrovic for 20 odd million in favour of a striker that has not hit double figures in three PL seasons

He then signed a letter to say he was perfectly happy with the business done

The favourite word when Pardew was here was "complicit" - it seems only a few people are brave enough to use that word in regards to Benitez

Benitez alienated Mitrovic in favour of Joselu last season

He sold Mitrovic for 20 odd million in favour of a striker that has not hit double figures in three PL seasons

He then signed a letter to say he was perfectly happy with the business done

The favourite word when Pardew was here was "complicit" - it seems only a few people are brave enough to use that word in regards to Benitez
Yee haw

I must admit that Rafa signing that letter doesn't sit comfortably with me.

I hope playing Manquillo and Joselu was Rafa pointing out what kind of shit you get when you spend less than South Shields on players. No way would he have bought these kind of players given a decent transfer budget but like every manager he's never going to get a 100% success rate. There's one manager paid 32m for Sissoko.

To be clear, at no point in that letter did it say that Rafa was "perfectly happy". If he was "perfectly happy", surely contract talks would not be on hold?

The way I see it, the thing is designed to minimise negative reaction. More will come out and I am working on something myself. It is in the interests for those involved at the club to minimise fallout. Rafa won't want another relegation on his CV, Lascelles will learn from his current manager and in the future will surely gain more lucrative contracts.

In some cases it is worth reading between the lines. I can't speak for them but is the club more likely to be bought by a new owner if the support is seen as toxic? What would the effect be on player motivation?

The letter should be seen for what it is. We have been dumped on but, Ashley aside, we are going to make the best of a totally shite situation.

Although I was paraphrasing I did say he was perfectly happy with "the business done"

Doing good business in a transfer window is about ending the window clearly stronger than when you started and we believe we have done this. The view we all share is that we have a better squad now than the one that finished tenth last season and all involved have worked tirelessly to make this happen.

Collectively, we must extend praise to Steve Nickson and his recruitment team. Their operations are year-round, but they have worked day and night in recent months to support efforts to enhance the squad.

"We are all excited about the seven players who have joined us this summer. Their combined experience in the Premier League and at an international level - with three of them appearing at this summer's World Cup for their respective countries - cannot fail to strengthen us.

He must have been perfectly happy to put his name to that claptrap

Some might call it motivation for the staff who are here, some might call it a plea for a buyer.

Yes, we have a better squad then we had before . A subtext is that we have not progress as much as our competitors. Some people put in a lot of effort, only to have those efforts thwarted by the hierarchy.

Sure, there have been some decent additions. Do you really expect them to run around and say"Ashley has totally disinvested in the squad, we are crap and no point coming to see us, we're going down again"?

I wouldn't have put my name to that letter

An open letter to the fans

Benitez is a very different personality to Pardew but it terms of club propaganda it is clear they are as complicit as each other

That's not claptrap Mac it's bullshit. Rafa putting his name to that makes me feel uneasy. I think he has a genuine respect for the club and fans but let's not forget the fact that he'll put his own professional career before anything and everybody.