Wednesday seem to be up the creek... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Wednesday seem to be up the creek...

From what I can gather (and I'm even less of an expert than FKB) their fans are under the impression that a lot of the big spending was before a certain date 3 yrs ago so when we pass that date they think it will get dropped giving them some lee way,I'm not saying it's true but the fans believing it is

I'm not sure how that works Bully. The losses in the last year, and I can only assume they are losing a similar amount this year (They have similar revenue, the same wage bill, and haven't sold any players...) is over £20m a year. If they are talking about the year three years ago dropping out of the calculation, that was a much smaller loss than the following year. so if anything I would have expected it will get worse, not better.

Lots of amateur accountants on PorkTalk though, and with the Booster team defending the club to the hilt with misplaced positivity, you can see why they'd convince themselves. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what TunaBoy pulls out the hat. (I'm going with a one-way ticket back to Thailand, tail between legs...)

P.S. I'd read up a bit more about FFP, but I can't see a club run as responsilbly as SUFC ever getting in this bind, not with professional and sensible owners and managers at the helm. Even when the two owners are rolling about in the gutter trying to get in the winning kidney punch, we're better run than them. I'm just concentrating on laughing at the ones who went the shit or bust route and end up falling off their high horses.

From what I can gather (and I'm even less of an expert than FKB) their fans are under the impression that a lot of the big spending was before a certain date 3 yrs ago so when we pass that date they think it will get dropped giving them some lee way,I'm not saying it's true but the fans believing it is

Would they be the same fans who refused to believe that they were under a transfer embargo in the first place? Most of them were still seriously suggesting the usual over-price players as potential signings until the meeting the other week!

When sunderland were playing a team from sheffield last night the commentator said that the embargo should be lifted in a couple of days
Is that real or just commentator talk?

Radio Sheffield also intimated the snorters would be free from the embargo shortly, on last night's football heaven.

Took a quick look on PorkTalk and its the talk of the forum. No details about how and why, but lots of predictions that we will be complaining to the FA, and protesting about how they've done it, (...err...thats only when we suffer an injustice, you tossers, then we fight for our club and our rights, unlike you who meekly accept any owd crap pushed your way.)

I guess we'll see...

Having the embargo lifted won’t change their situation when it comes down to FFP, it’ll just exacerbate it. Every penny they spend will unless they can offload the overpaid crap that they’ve recruited at the same time.

Pigs fans believin nonsense Bully? I don't belieeeeeve it(see wor i did theer Victor):LOL: UTCB
That’s the big difference between the Pork and us (apart from their snouts).

They lap anything positive up and if something is repeated a couple of times on a forum it becomes a FACT. Most Blades on the other hand tend to trust nowt and nobody until they see it with their own eyes.

I noticed that the chief Poker decreed that there was too much negativity abahht and told them to come up with more positive stories a few weeks ago, though in fairness his initiative to raise money for charity was excellent and he should be commended for it. (y)

When sunderland were playing a team from sheffield last night the commentator said that the embargo should be lifted in a couple of days
Is that real or just commentator talk?
Yeah I heard that too before I dropped off (riveting game) we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. We promise not to laugh if nowt changes don't we lads (and lasses) honest :shake:

They lap anything positive up and if something is repeated a couple of times on a forum it becomes a FACT. Most Blades on the other hand tend to trust nowt and nobody until they see it with their own eyes.

I agree with the first sentence, but not the second. Most Blades are the exact opposite of them lot and tend to believe anything negative about the club as fact.

I agree with the first sentence, but not the second. Most Blades are the exact opposite of them lot and tend to believe anything negative about the club as fact.

I've written about this many times Sir Rodney. Even when we have success (rarely) we don't enjoy it because we're just waiting for the next bit to go wrong.

Yeah that’s what I meant to say but missed the ‘positive’ after ‘nowt’. We’re all guilty of it, even happy clappers like me. :grinning:

Which it usually does to be fair most of know how it works the bladesway :slap:

I agree , but the same is true for almost every club. The consistently successful ones can be counted using the fingers on one hand. I have to believe that victory tastes sweeter when you have suffered many defeats, otherwise the whole thing would be pointless!

Agreed FKB I enjoy any victory however small it may seem and I've learnt to take defeat and whatever shit the club throws at us to try and destabilise us in my stride it allows me to concentrate on all the other shit that's goin on in my life :nopity:

Hog Staton's just said on Footy heaven that the pig embargo looks like finishin in't next couple of days. It really is way above my head this fair play thingy or wotever it's called nar i'm afraid but thanks to Pops for tryin to mek it understandable for a thicko like me.UTCB

Howson:

BREAKING: Understand Sheffield Wednesday's transfer embargo has been lifted by the English Football League. Told they have satisfied the EFL's requirements and can sign players once again. There is likely to be an official announcement within the next 24 hours.

Howson:

BREAKING: Understand Sheffield Wednesday's transfer embargo has been lifted by the English Football League. Told they have satisfied the EFL's requirements and can sign players once again. There is likely to be an official announcement within the next 24 hours.
What are they going to sign players with.....dodo's...
hang on a mo.........:LOL: