Grabben/Brereton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Grabben/Brereton

Has anyone actually complained about Grabban?

I cannot for the life of me find any evidence of Lewis being criticised, even by the retarded stay at home types.

Date: 14th August 2018 at 1:30pm
Written by: Thomas Stakes
Some fans haven’t been too impressed with Lewis Grabban’s start to life at the City Ground. The £6m signing has only made two competitive starts for the club after starting the first game of the season on the bench.
The 30-year-old hasn’t scored so far, and there have been a few supporters on social media who are yet to be convinced by the player.

Unhappy Forest fans must have faith in Grabban......

ByJosh Raisey
Posted on August 14, 2018
Grabban.jpg

Nottingham Forest earned their first win of the Championship last weekend as they overcame Reading at The City Ground, after two promising draws in the opening rounds.

The victory moves The Reds into the top six, where coach Aitor Karanka will hope they stay for the duration of the season.

THE-BREAKDOWN.png

Despite the unbeaten start, some fans are growing restless with new man Lewis Grabban. The former Bournemouth forward has started two of Forest’s three games this season, but has failed to find the net in either game. With so few games played so far, this criticism seems a bit premature, as the 30-year-old has still worked tirelessly for his team.

Plenty of idiots at the ground & at away matches as well constantly slating players. Oz, Foxz, Cohen, Greening, Dele, McCleary, McGugone, Grolt, Johno or Marlon, Beseant, Bart Man, Campbell, Phillips, Norm, NLN some folk never rated McGovern as well though can’t confirm it but I know it happened there’s always idiots that’ll get on players backs. Twitter does seem a refuge for these complete morons though so I’d take that with a punch of salt rather than just the pinch of forums.

That’s just the players as well never mind the racism, ill in formed political opinions or the disrespect offered at minutes silences & of course the hooliganism.

Enough of the "stay at home" bullshit. We aren't all lucky enough to be able to get to the CG week in week out. Questioning the support of those that can't get to games is dickish at best. Personally I work weekends and have a young family, which makes Tuesday games tricky (kids bedtimes) and Saturday games impossible. Sorry if keeping a roof over my families head makes me less of a fan in your eyes. I can form opinions over the Internet just fine. I think my opinion of you is pretty accurate for example.

Being a better or worse supporter is not the point; people who comment on games that they have not seen just to be contrary are basically idiots.

As for your life choices; they are your's, no one else's, and are totally irrelevant, just like your opinions.

Yes Woanzy I can confirm - in those Hazy - Crazy days of the Cloughie era we sat in the F Block where I'll swear most of the morons that existed then directed all the sh!t at McGovern - in fact on hearing all the boo boys at that time Cloughie gave the Captaincy to Johnny Mac in order to show the idiots he knew what he was doing (unfortunately it didn't work) - The moral behind that is:- once a moron - always a moron.

There is no need for such insults Mao, if you have to stoop to such levels - then I'm afraid you'll be taking a break!
Date: 14th August 2018 at 1:30pm
Written by: Thomas Stakes
Some fans haven’t been too impressed with Lewis Grabban’s start to life at the City Ground. The £6m signing has only made two competitive starts for the club after starting the first game of the season on the bench.
The 30-year-old hasn’t scored so far, and there have been a few supporters on social media who are yet to be convinced by the player.

Unhappy Forest fans must have faith in Grabban......

ByJosh Raisey
Posted on August 14, 2018
Grabban.jpg

Nottingham Forest earned their first win of the Championship last weekend as they overcame Reading at The City Ground, after two promising draws in the opening rounds.

The victory moves The Reds into the top six, where coach Aitor Karanka will hope they stay for the duration of the season.

THE-BREAKDOWN.png

Despite the unbeaten start, some fans are growing restless with new man Lewis Grabban. The former Bournemouth forward has started two of Forest’s three games this season, but has failed to find the net in either game. With so few games played so far, this criticism seems a bit premature, as the 30-year-old has still worked tirelessly for his team.

Just a small point, but if you look very closely you will see that I posted at 12.04 and the article that you have just quoted was posted at 1.30, a full one hour and twenty six minutes later.

You may need to get some one who is compos mentis to explain what that means.

In the mean time stop being a coffin dodging, slanderous old grave dancer and STFU

Yes Woanzy I can confirm - in those Hazy - Crazy days of the Cloughie era we sat in the F Block where I'll swear most of the morons that existed then directed all the sh!t at McGovern - in fact on hearing all the boo boys at that time Cloughie gave the Captaincy to Johnny Mac in order to show the idiots he knew what he was doing (unfortunately it didn't work) - The moral behind that is:- once a moron - always a moron.

Exactly.

Just a small point, but if you look very closely you will see that I posted at 12.04 and the article that you have just quoted was posted at 1.30, a full one hour and twenty six minutes later.

You may need to get some one who is compos mentis to explain what that means.

In the mean time stop being a coffin dodging, slanderous old grave dancer and STFU

Is that really necessary?

There have been a few comments about Grabban. You are correct, no outright criticism but that is how it starts.

Forest fans, particularly on the internet have a habit of being unceasingly critical of any player who comes in who actually has talent. I can't think of a single really good player we have had who hasnt been slated remorselessly, mostlyfor having the audacity to be good but not perfect.

Lansbury, Guedioura, Assombalonga, McKenna, Gunter, Earnshaw, Morgan, Johnson, Harewood... I could go on and on. We didn't use to do this. PVH or Campbell wasn't treated like this. Maybe Stone was a bit. I wonder if a certain generation hate these players for not being Collymore or Robertson.

What forest fans seem to want is a team of Brendan Moloney's. Players who are just not good enough but with with potential the forest 'intelligentsia' alone have spotted but the players will never be around long enough to prove them wrong because they are shite.

Obviously it's about opinions and that's fine, but we do seem to have people who will relentlessly criticise, even hate genuinly good players but will defend crap ones to the death. Let's see it unfold with the Portuguese players.

Being a better or worse supporter is not the point; people who comment on games that they have not seen just to be contrary are basically idiots.

As for your life choices; they are your's, no one else's, and are totally irrelevant, just like your opinions.

I agree commenting on radio matches but you can now stream games in ultra hd on 50 inch screens, not like being at the game I agree but the games don’t give you multiple replays in an instant, if watching on TV didn’t mean you couldn’t comment why do all other sports ref by it & even football has recently woken up to it. Plus if you couldn’t comment on it pretty much half the PL forums would be empty & I’d rather listen to an Arsenal fan that had watched a game on the Liza than the fam blud idiots at the game.

Plenty of idiots at the ground & at away matches as well constantly slating players. Oz, Foxz, Cohen, Greening, Dele, McCleary, McGugone, Grolt, Johno or Marlon, Beseant, Bart Man, Campbell, Phillips, Norm, NLN some folk never rated McGovern as well though can’t confirm it but I know it happened there’s always idiots that’ll get on players backs. Twitter does seem a refuge for these complete morons though so I’d take that with a punch of salt rather than just the pinch of forums.

That’s just the players as well never mind the racism, ill in formed political opinions or the disrespect offered at minutes silences & of course the hooliganism.

You're forgetting the conspiracy theorists too duck who claim whenever a player is injured that they're not really injured; they're actually a drug addict/alcoholic/shagging a team mates wife/struggling with their sexuality etc.

You're forgetting the conspiracy theorists too duck who claim whenever a player is injured that they're not really injured; they're actually a drug addict/alcoholic/shagging a team mates wife/struggling with their sexuality etc.

Absolutely duck. Twitter had McCleary retiring through injury.

i dont necessarily think people are idiots just because they comment that someone isnt impressing them. Mind you that the culture back there nowadays I realise, if they dont agree, they are idiots.
Personally I dont think Grabban has looked sharp at all and ive seen every game. He has potential and looks promising and I think/hope there is lots more to come

Is that really necessary?

There have been a few comments about Grabban. You are correct, no outright criticism but that is how it starts.

Forest fans, particularly on the internet have a habit of being unceasingly critical of any player who comes in who actually has talent. I can't think of a single really good player we have had who hasnt been slated remorselessly, mostlyfor having the audacity to be good but not perfect.

Lansbury, Guedioura, Assombalonga, McKenna, Gunter, Earnshaw, Morgan, Johnson, Harewood... I could go on and on. We didn't use to do this. PVH or Campbell wasn't treated like this. Maybe Stone was a bit. I wonder if a certain generation hate these players for not being Collymore or Robertson.

What forest fans seem to want is a team of Brendan Moloney's. Players who are just not good enough but with with potential the forest 'intelligentsia' alone have spotted but the players will never be around long enough to prove them wrong because they are shite.

Obviously it's about opinions and that's fine, but we do seem to have people who will relentlessly criticise, even hate genuinly good players but will defend crap ones to the death. Let's see it unfold with the Portuguese players.

Usual knobheads criticising our fullbacks now...

Usual knobheads criticising our fullbacks now...

Updated by OKD just yesterday

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view

I'll take unaware of irony for 100 please.
By all means, find any recent posts where I have been personally abusive to you.

Yet it's fine for you to call people ****, twat, knobhead, whatever.

What you get away with on here is ridiculous and it's even more galling to see you trying to blame everyone else but yourself

"it's even more galling to see you trying to blame everyone else but yourself"

I'll take irony for 500 please.

I've argued with just you in months, you've argued with virtually everyone for months. Inward reflection please chap...even Boff waa worried for your emotional health.

Updated by OKD just yesterday

3 - This is a forum for discussion. That means most of the time, most of you won't agree. Most people will debate the issue in hand as befits a discussion forum don't make your threads personal. If you are unable to reply without making a personal comment about somebody's belief then don't reply and save us all the favour of having to read it. You can ‘attack’ a fellow members' point of view, you cannot attack them for having that view

I usually stay out of your twos homoerotic trists but stop waving around imaginary yellow cards only c**ts do that.......

Why? You're normally one of the more astute posters and Ben has been solid defensively and played a huge part in our change of style.

He is wasted at left back and has been our weak link, targetted by opposing teams - who, probably should have punished us.

All about opinions though.