Rate the Ref v Swindon (home) | Vital Football

Rate the Ref v Swindon (home)

7.5/10
Again we’ll have much worse this season, looked a harsh pen against us but could have given them another one later. Tried to let the game flow and kept his cards in his pocket when he could. Well done Mr Salisbury

Haven't watched their pen. back yet but he allowed tackles and wasn't fussy so a decent 7.5 from me.

The penalty decision in favour of Swindon was very debatable, Lots of late challenges were ignored. The Ref let the game flow and then went back to Bossie and gave him a warning rather than a yellow . He was ok . 6/10 for me .

7/10
Thought he let the game flow as much as possible. Didn't get a very good view of their penalty, so no idea. Not going to grumble though as I thought ours was a little fortunate. Harry looked to be just outside the box from where I was sitting.

I'll give him a 7. Not convinced either penalty decision was correct but they evened each other out, and he allowed the game to flow better than most refs.

Ref a 6.5 from me. A par score but a big flat zero for the lino on the co-op side, don't know how got to be can official, so far out of his depth.

I agreed with both penalties on first view, he had no hesitation on either, looked, decided and blew his whistle in a positive manner. Co-op missed an obvious throw in, to his credit the ref gave it, both Eardleys feet were off the pitch when he got the ball. Kept things going, wasn't moved by the histrionics.

7/10

5 from me. How he agreed with a linesman for their corner in the first half that their player took over the line. How he decided on that penalty for them as handball and non stop finickity over "ball moving" or taken 6" away from where it should be taken.

Other than that he was good.

Surprised getting marks that high when two decisions seems wrong (don't think you can marke high for evenning things out can you? Watching our pen back definitely outside the box, Wharton seems to be hit on the thigh, & no one appealed so 4/10

Failed to deal with the irritating things.
Lancashire moving the ball after Akinde had placed the ball on the penalty spot.
Swindon goalkeeper collapsing in a heap when nobody touched him.
Adebayo’s petulance. Why talk to his captain? It should have been a booking.

5 from me. How he agreed with a linesman for their corner in the first half that their player took over the line. How he decided on that penalty for them as handball and non stop finickity over "ball moving" or taken 6" away from where it should be taken.

Other than that he was good.
Haha yeah, that was silly decision.

7/10 from me. Did ok, no glaring mistakes bar the above. Our penalty was that close to the box it would have been difficult to call in real time and I've not seen a decent angle of their penalty. That said, when the whole ground have no idea what's happening, that probably explains it. Not one player appealed IIRC.

Some very odd decisions, the only significant one being the Swindon penalty. There was a forest of players between him and O'Connor, yet he seemed to see something that no one else did - having watched the footage, not one single Swindon player appeals for handball. Their fans took ten seconds to even realise it had been given. There was a general sense of surprise from both teams when he blew his whistle.

Lots of minor decisions he got wrong too, even overruling the linesman on a throw-in.

Cannot give more than 6/10.

6 - not bad but a bit picky for me. He made one or two bizarre decisions but tried to let the game flow and keep his cards in his pocket.

Got the penalty for us completely correct. 100% definite pen.
Watched their one on Quest...fuzzy image on freeze frames no help at all but Wharton was stood there with arms stuck out. So if the ball did hit his hand, i can see why ref gave it. But tv didnt show where ball hit Wharton.
World Cup does seem to have established now that if the ball hits yr hand, its a penalty. Guess that will make things clearer if that is the case now & take away refs having to have telepathic abilities to decide whether defenders meant to hand ball it or not.

Thought ref yesterday could have bkd one or two more of their players. But overall a better ref than most of the rubbish we get.

8/10

6.5 for me. Far too picky but failed to book there number 17 when he threw his toys out the Pram. I thought both penalty decisions were correct at the time. We will have a lot worse this season.