Rate the Ref v Swindon (home) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rate the Ref v Swindon (home)

Surprised getting marks that high when two decisions seems wrong (don't think you can marke high for evenning things out can you? Watching our pen back definitely outside the box, Wharton seems to be hit on the thigh, & no one appealed so 4/10
We won :yes:

Average, picky and made some odd decisions, not helped by the lino on the Coop side giving them a corner that never was is terrible.
Not a clue how he gave that penalty and I think ours generous as it looked to me the challenge was just outside (did he even things up?)
Also he failed to play advantage once for both teams (evening things up again??)
5/10 for me.

Failed to deal with the irritating things.
Lancashire moving the ball after Akinde had placed the ball on the penalty spot.
Swindon goalkeeper collapsing in a heap when nobody touched him.
Adebayo’s petulance. Why talk to his captain? It should have been a booking.

Agree with all of those (he wouldnt have seen the ball being moved off pen spot though but one or both linesmen should have noticed and a definite yellow consequently). No idea why their player who flicked Freck in the face & then threw the ball at him wasnt booked, the ref WAS looking straight at that. At least though his general lackof bookings was consistent so maybe a ref who eschews paperwork ...

Michael Salisbury scores a creditable 6.35. Incidentally sorry I'm a bit late with these, not been well.