FC Barcelona vs. Tottenham Hotspur | Vital Football

FC Barcelona vs. Tottenham Hotspur

I'm OK with that. ^

Other than that I'd stick with the same line up.

My guess is it will be a similar team. Would like to see Poch give someone like Georgiou a start. I'd also start Gazza in goal.

Be interesting to see whether N'Koudou is used sparingly all pre-season. I have a feeling he will be so he doesn't pick up any knocks.

My guess is it will be a similar team. Would like to see Poch give someone like Georgiou a start. I'd also start Gazza in goal.

Be interesting to see whether N'Koudou is used sparingly all pre-season. I have a feeling he will be so he doesn't pick up any knocks.

Could have him holding up a shirt and claim he’s a new signing.

Doubt many know what he looks like

Why are Rose & Dier not with the team? Eriksen & Son EACH played more WC minutes than the other two combined.

Why are Rose & Dier not with the team? Eriksen & Son EACH played more WC minutes than the other two combined.

Son and Eriksen exited the tournament earlier than England. Poch said players need time off football. It's not just about games, everyone needs a bit of time with their families away from work.

I hope that they've still been given fitness work to do though... particularly Danny who is so keen to tell us all how good he is when given a chance, he better not start the season unfit.

Good entertaining game, good performances from some of the young lads.
Amos; solid again, great energy.
CCV; Was at fault along with KWP for first goal, but played well after that.
KWP; Poor game I thought
Serge Aurier; Poor, sloppy in possession.
Davies; Solid, looks like he could do a job at CB, looked better when switched to LB.
Sissoko; Worked hard before his injury, offered little in possession though.
Eriksen; Quite first half but stepped his game up in second half
Moura; Showed glimpses of his skill but we didn't get him on the ball enough and in the right areas.
Skipp; Looked really good when he came on.
Son; Quite in first half but very good second
Llorente; Poor
GKN; Looked really lively, may be a role for him yet.
Anthony Georgiou; Looked good, made one sloppy pass early on but did some excellent things

Let's all be thankful we aren't going into the season with a CCV-Davies CB partnership! That was pretty brutal. Once Snchz came on the other two got their heads out of their asses and did well the rest of the way. Davies's quality going forward always surprises me, I don't know why.

Young kids look good. Amos is really getting a chance to prove himself, and he's taking it well. Skipp got alot of time tonight and he looked a bit less reckless than last match, a good thing. He made an excellent run that nearly got him clean in. Are his arms flailing about or is that just the impression?

Georgiou looked to be playing a right forward spot. I beleive he was playing LB last time I saw him? Also showed some nifty footwork & some speed. Not a great pen tho.

All three didn't look out of place. Silly bits here and there but overall they're looking like good players. Second half was better for everyone once we got the Barca C team on (Although that group would beat a few Prem teams).

NkooDoo looked like he's playing for a place. He did alot of good things in the game, got himself out of trouble and made plays. I like that guy's energy and his direct nature. He's played what, 2 matches for Spurs in the last year(ish)? A cup match maybe and this one, and I think he's scored in both. Just can't convince myself that we should get rid of him, unless we suddenly have someone way better. Good game for him.

Skipp was the funnest part of this match for me. He looks like he might be pretty good, he sure tries, and he certainly doesn't play scared. Great stuff.

Weird game overall, felt alot more like a practice match than Roma.

Awesome day at the Rose Bowl with a good second half fight back. Barca shirts outnumbered Spurs by about 30 to 1. Good to feel the enthusiasm and love for Spurs from US fans who have such missionary zeal 1000's of miles away from WHL. The mission of the day was to continue drawing my 7 year old away from thoughts of NFL and basketball and into the real thing. Help was on hand. He met and had photos with legends Ledley and Darren who both signed his Spurs shirt, and Chirpy. He was half-shouting COYS in the second half.

Was Lamela injured .
As for the rest Lucas was all show with nothing else,Fernando was back to being crap. I found it embarrassing watching there u18's basically out play us. At least that should show Levy we need new plsyers

Awesome day at the Rose Bowl with a good second half fight back. Barca shirts outnumbered Spurs by about 30 to 1. Good to feel the enthusiasm and love for Spurs from US fans who have such missionary zeal 1000's of miles away from WHL. The mission of the day was to continue drawing my 7 year old away from thoughts of NFL and basketball and into the real thing. Help was on hand. He met and had photos with legends Ledley and Darren who both signed his Spurs shirt, and Chirpy. He was half-shouting COYS in the second half.
Great post Paddyspur, thank you

The 1st half problem was obvious to me. First of all it was Llorente not being up to a highly technical and fast paced game. He just couldn't get near the ball that was pinging around him and he didn't have the legs to help his team mates. That brings me to Son. I'm actually getting fed up with watching these games where Son just disappears altogether for a massive chunk of the game. It's as if he has no clue how to get involved and it happens way too often. Sissoko was working hard but couldn't find a team mate whilst Davies was showing very little leadership in a makeshift back four. He should have been supporting KWP more, just like Vertonghen does with him.

As for the goals. KWP learnt the hard way for being too far inside 3 or 4 times. He got done for the goals and got the hook at half time. He needs a loan somewhere where he can play right back. CCV was also culpable for the first but saved Davies 2 or 3 times and mostly played OK, especially when Sanchez came on. Talking of which, anyone else noticed how Sanchez played on the left in the World Cup and looks comfortable there in pre-season?

The positives were clearly there in the second half. Amos, Eriksen and Skipp put in a huge shift and took back control of the midfield and allowed guys like Son to get into the game. N'Koudou was a little wasteful with a few short passes but was a threat down the left and deserved his goal. Most of all, the team started working for each other and pressing all over the pitch. MoM Eriksen then run the show.

Interesting that we only had 8 subs, including 2 keepers. Wonder if there's a few niggling injuries.

The amount of injuries are definitely a concern. The silver lining is players like CCV, Amos and Skipp getting a real chance. I'm disappointed that Sterling still hasn't been given a start.

I have seen clips of Skipp and he comes across as industrious. A bit like Winks what I saw. Jeez our MF is looking thin now.