2018 Summer Transfer Mega Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

2018 Summer Transfer Mega Thread

Hyndmans skill set fits the 4-2-3-1 well similar player to Morsy. Not terribly athletic but not slow good on the ball good passer can break up play.

James is highly rated and I'm guessing he will have one of those play or pay clauses attached which screwed us two years back. Perhaps byrne has made it clear he doesnt a want a new deal so maybe he won't be with us come August, who knows. Despite winning player of the season personally I'm not convinced he's good enough in that role to be a regular starter. We needed another right back and now have one so that's a positive, how it will pan out between the two we'll have to wait and see.

Side note ... forgot to post this last time ... well worth a watch.
Couple of familiar names appear in the video. Look out for the mini fee saga about a player who ended up .... at Wigan (but not in the same window) !

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...line-day-access-all-areas-at-sheffield-united

BTW Ben Heneghan was transfer listed at the end of last season (2017/2018) and played in a single cup game. Clayton Donaldson has signed for Horwich FC.

Last edited:
Never heard of Hydnman before now but after a quick look into him it sounds like he's quite promising.

Seems a bit like Evans but with more pace and dribbling ability. That Evans type of player is something we've missed since he left for Sheff U.

Highlight videos from you tube can make anyone look good but it gives you an idea of what he's capable of:

James is highly rated and I'm guessing he will have one of those play or pay clauses attached which screwed us two years back. Perhaps byrne has made it clear he doesnt a want a new deal so maybe he won't be with us come August, who knows. Despite winning player of the season personally I'm not convinced he's good enough in that role to be a regular starter. We needed another right back and now have one so that's a positive, how it will pan out between the two we'll have to wait and see.

Liverpool apparently don't ask for any loan fees but insist on the clause instead. So maybe we paid a loan fee to avoid any of the messing we had with some of our past loanees. I've never heard of Chelsea doing those clauses before now,

Hyndman started against Wigan last year in the FA cup in the game at bournemouth. He is best described as a deep lying playmaker stays on the edge of the area at furthest when attacking can play the role Evans did in fact that is his ideal spot.

Wigan Athletic and Millwall have joined the race to sign Scotland midfielder Chris Cadden, with the English Championship clubs poised to rest Motherwell's resolve with £500,000 offers - half what the Fir Park outfit value the 21-year-old who has a year left of his contract. (Daily Record)

Hyndman would be a great addition. He was one of the most highly regarded young Americans around not too long ago. I would've placed him in the USMNT over some of the other young players who recently competed against Ireland and France.

Cadden is a 21 year old right winger, but already played just over 100 games, scoring 11 with 15 assitsts from what i've read.

With Callum being mainly a right winger and Yanic being mainly a left winger plus Kent is mainly left and this lad right does give the impression we are looking for a wide man on either side.

Alan Nixon's latest comments:

on Hydman 'Was a target before. Could be again'

on Cadden 'No bid at this point'

Last edited:
Not us but interesting/worrying to note that Ipswich have lost 16 year old Tom Knight to Manchester City for a paltry 1m. Knight has been said to be one of if not the best player they’ve ever seen come through their academy by coaches there. The worrying part is that Knight is England teammates with our own Oliver Gelhardt, who is also attracting serious interest. My guess is 1m would be around the fee we recieve should be go to Liverpool as I predict. EPPP is an absolute joke, no wonder the likes of Brentford have closed their academy down. Imagine taking someone, developing them for years only to have them cherrypicked at 16/17 for peanuts! Only a matter of time I reckon before EFL clubs officially make a stand together over EPPP.

Only a matter of time I reckon before EFL clubs officially make a stand together over EPPP.

They won't coz they were essentially bribed into accepting it by the Premier League clubs putting in a bigger amount from the TV pot. The clubs have accepted it & knew what would happen so they've no grounds for opposing it now

Not us but interesting/worrying to note that Ipswich have lost 16 year old Tom Knight to Manchester City for a paltry 1m. Knight has been said to be one of if not the best player they’ve ever seen come through their academy by coaches there. The worrying part is that Knight is England teammates with our own Oliver Gelhardt, who is also attracting serious interest. My guess is 1m would be around the fee we recieve should be go to Liverpool as I predict. EPPP is an absolute joke, no wonder the likes of Brentford have closed their academy down. Imagine taking someone, developing them for years only to have them cherrypicked at 16/17 for peanuts! Only a matter of time I reckon before EFL clubs officially make a stand together over EPPP.

That is the up front fee, no doubt there will be all sorts of clauses and sell on fees added in. At 16 the player is a long way from developed.

We've done very well out of sell on clauses (we got something like £10m from Boselli thanks to the various sell on clauses), so I would imagine that would be front and centre of the clubs mind when negotiating exits.

That is the up front fee, no doubt there will be all sorts of clauses and sell on fees added in. At 16 the player is a long way from developed.

We've done very well out of sell on clauses (we got something like £10m from Boselli thanks to the various sell on clauses), so I would imagine that would be front and centre of the clubs mind when negotiating exits.

10m from Boselli? I thought we only sold him for about a mill i never heard about such a large sell on coming our way. How much did he go for?

They won't coz they were essentially bribed into accepting it by the Premier League clubs putting in a bigger amount from the TV pot. The clubs have accepted it & knew what would happen so they've no grounds for opposing it now
If they can’t fight it then I strongly suspect that more and more EFL clubs will go the same route as Brentford and close their academies down in favour of the B Team model.

Looks like Big Dan might be with us a while longer

Steve Bruce has been told Aston Villa can’t even afford free transfers while they are in financial crisis.

Embattled Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia is trying to find new investment or a new owner for Championship Villa after their play-off final loss.

It means boss Bruce is still yet to get any spending on new players signed off this summer.

He has identified free agent Robert Huth, available after leaving Leicester, to replace John Terry.